⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Sitting back and listening to music bliss, the last update to my sound card truly brought my Boston acoustic speakers to the fullest potential.

@K00L The point of every heart that lives is to challenge the, "No way I would ever do that" things.

I seem to recall you are one of the brave who challenge life in more ways then one.

I don't like falling. :tongue:

I've lost that fear of falling down long passages. It's the distance and the increasing velocity that makes all the difference.

The last time, I spent all the time I was falling using every nerve in my body to figure out a way to slow down. :tongue: It's not the fall that I don't like; it's the "going faster then a speeding magnetic rail train before the sudden stop". :laugh:

I remade the Bloodskal Blade again...

That's like the 4th time. :tongue:

http://puu.sh/gEaL1/362df9b5fe.jpg

http://puu.sh/gEaQe/31f1bc0905.jpg

Shiny metal...

Also, I got home from work and was ready to finally fire up ESO and have a crack at it, until it had to install a 16GB update. :dry:

Edited by billyro

"going faster then a speeding magnetic rail train before the sudden stop". :laugh:

LOL

Shiny metal...

Ooooo... I really like this one. And your game is so pretty. :c

I remember the strange feeling I had, the first time, when looking down from above a path, just before I learned to cross the street. Looking down and measuring the distance my short little legs had to travel seem farther than it really is. Now I step off a curb as if I were stepping off a flat surface onto a little 3D picture which is another flat surface.

Looking down from my words here, onto the words beneath them has a little sensation to it. A LITTLE. Just the wonder, no; amazement to it, that I can put a ledge of words above the ones below, and it feels like my mind accepts that there is something I see that supportive.

Walking across the quote box the sense it's like a sidewalk made of some silicon I can see through. I look down upon it.

"going faster then a speeding magnetic rail train before the sudden stop". :laugh:

LOL

Don't fall UP! :ohmy: K00L :laugh:

Made me think of Dragon Age dwarves. :tongue:

Shiny metal...

Ooooo... I really like this one. And your game is so pretty. :c

Thanks. And yeah, the difference between this computer and my laptop is astonishing. It was definitely worth getting, I reckon. :smile:

Made me think of Dragon Age dwarves. :tongue:

That made me look on the Dragon Age Wikia for the quote Oghren uses when he comes out of Orzammar, and I couldn't find it so I started clicking the other links out of boredom. Before I knew it, I had read about 10 Dragon Age articles and various other pages. And it was all thanks to your seven words! :D

So, I've been playing ESO for a few hours today, and honestly, the game is pretty damn good.

The servers are much less populated now than when they were in the beta tests (there is probably about a 1:1 ratio between player and NPC), which does wonders for immersion, questing and general exploration (makes you feel much more relevant). Plus, the animations have improved quite a lot so it's no longer strange fighting enemies and stuff. Also, first person is so good - there are subtle leaning movements when you go from side to side which feel so natural - unlike Skyrim's robotic first-person view. And tweakable FOV options... thank Talos for that. Plus, the chat boxes no longer get spammed with, "free gold, free xp, free everything else" messages, which is very good indeed.

All in all, worth it now that there is no subscription fee. :smile: I am being a Dunmer called Davos Oren and I'm currently exploring Morrowind (gotta love those big nostalgia reminisce-inducing mushrooms). :D

Also there is a girl at my work whose name is Eclan. Has anyone ever heard that name before? I just thought it was a bit interesting. :tongue:

So I was looking at some gameplay videos of SWTOR to see what it was like, since apparently it's one of the best RPGs of all time or something like that. I must admit it looks very good - it's a shame that I've never been a big fan of Star Wars (I watched a few of the movies but just lost interest) - because I kinda want to play it now. Probably wouldn't understand any of it, though. :blush:

Is it weird for a 19 year old to sleep 6 hours a night on average? Not only that, but is it weird that he does at least one all-nighter a month? Is it also weird that he keeps posting random things in this thread?

Edited by billyro

-sbuop- because I fail at spelling snip apparently

That quote is what I went looking for as well! There are some interesting things there that I missed or was too lazy to read (more likely the latter) in the games. :tongue:

Wasn't this part about ESO the original post? I like how it's in the middle now (and yes, I swoop by and don't post. Because I'm busy I was too lazy).

I really want to play it now. Maybe I'll end up getting it. It was pretty enjoyable in the beta despite the problems.

Edit: And yes I know, swooping is bad. I don't know why I felt like saying swoop. It sounds cool. Swoop swoop swoop.

SWTOR is one of the best RPGs? Like SWTOR the MMO? I mean I really like it, but I'm surprised anyone would say something that nice about it. SWKOTOR probably right? Either way, they really have barely any connection to the movies (since they take place quite a long time before). I really liked KOTOR and I'm not a big fan of the movies.

SWTOR is fun with friends, like when your brother decides he wants to space some engineers instead of helping them, and surprise, his dialogue choice is picked so bye bye engineers. Really, I would almost say that's my favorite MMO I ever played (out of the... four I've played) but I put way more time into GW2 and naked boss fights with a friend are the best. Oh wait. It wasn't completely naked, we had our fancy hats. :laugh:

Off to sleep now, I was only awake because my tummy hurt (wah, get over it big baby). But for real. I felt like vomiting and stuff, so what do I do? Play a bit of Fallout. Decided the Dunwich building was not something to do before sleeping. I really didn't remember doors doing s*** by themselves and yes a freaking door is what scared me. Good night.

Edited by K00L

-sbuop- because I fail at spelling snip apparently

That quote is what I went looking for as well! There are some interesting things there that I missed or was too lazy to read (more likely the latter) in the games. :tongue:

Wasn't this part about ESO the original post? I like how it's in the middle now (and yes, I swoop by and don't post. Because I'm busy I was too lazy).

I really want to play it now. Maybe I'll end up getting it. It was pretty enjoyable in the beta despite the problems.

Edit: And yes I know, swooping is bad. I don't know why I felt like saying swoop. It sounds cool. Swoop swoop swoop.

Gah, I haven't played Origins in ages... I miss that quote. :P

Yeah, ESO is worth it now. When it had the subscription, definitely not, but now it's good for the asking price. :)

SWTOR is one of the best RPGs? Like SWTOR the MMO? I mean I really like it, but I'm surprised anyone would say something that nice about it. SWKOTOR probably right? Either way, they really have barely any connection to the movies (since they take place quite a long time before). I really liked KOTOR and I'm not a big fan of the movies.

SWTOR is fun with friends, like when your brother decides he wants to space some engineers instead of helping them, and surprise, his dialogue choice is picked so bye bye engineers. Really, I would almost say that's my favorite MMO I ever played (out of the... four I've played) but I put way more time into GW2 and naked boss fights with a friend are the best. Oh wait. It wasn't completely naked, we had our fancy hats. :laugh:

Oh, whoops, I must have meant KOTOR then. Funny, all those gameplay videos were abbreviated with SWTOR...

I think the limited connection to the movies would probably benefit me, since I don't really know what goes on in them. Either that, or I'd grow disinterested in them like the movies themselves. Hopefully not.

I still have Guild Wars 2 (I haven't installed it on this computer) but that was fun while it lasted. I got it because I was leaving north Queensland at the time and my friend and I wanted an MMO to play while I was gone. I think that lasted about 10 hours until we stopped playing for some reason and just never got around to finishing it.

When you say naked boss fights, that somehow reminds me of Saints Row. :P