The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Hmm, I'm a bit skeptical. A lot of the stuff there looks like ported content (Dark Souls in particular) which doesn't give me much faith. His original content is great, though.

EDIT: And d'oh! The guy who posted on my mod page also put a link to it, but I completely overlooked it. Oh well. :tongue:

Well none of it is ported (as far as I'm aware at least; he posts a lot of WIP shots), but every mod he's done for Skyrim has been inspired/copied off of Dark/Demons Souls and/or Bloodborne. I already like From Software's games though so... :tongue:

And I probably posted a link a long time ago. Revenant might not have been around since I have a feeling it was when Vigilant was still La Daedra Commedia (which I thought was a very clever name).

No, it is mine! ALL MINE! :devil:

Also, designed another sword. For some reason, it doesn't look as cool as the concept art I made for it, but that may be just because I haven't added any textures to it yet.

Never mind, I deleted this image because it sucked. :tongue: Check the next spoiler to see what the sword looks like.

Unwrapping the UV maps is going to be a pain because of the chamfering, however. I generally avoid chamfer for that reason alone, but this time I thought it was necessary. Looks like I'm going to have to suck it up!

Also, does anyone think that the blade is too wide? Or that the grip is too long? Not sure if I should alter them...

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I've radically changed the design of the sword and I think it's a lot better.

http://puu.sh/jnD6A/b9334fed4e.jpg

Yeah, it's very Witcher-y now. But that's always a good thing, no? :tongue:

Also, if you see that issue with the fuller, I've already fixed it. Just a single misplaced vertex point was what caused that!

EDIT 2: Textured it. This render is using the diffuse map only (no normal or environmental) so it should look better in-game.

http://puu.sh/jnXNL/d7ecbe3339.jpg

And man... I was right about those chamfered edges being a pain with unwrapping. That was TORTUROUS to get right!

EDIT 3: Okay, made the normal and environment maps.

http://puu.sh/jnZrb/4d5e832f94.jpg

(In Nifskope)

Might have to tweak some of the settings so the reflections don't block out the details. Hmm...

Edited by billyro

I really liked some of the stuff in Windows 10, but I'd rather not lose anything by trying to fix whatever was going on with it. Microsoft support's answer to the problem was to "Reset" but doing that uninstalls all programs, and there is no way in hell I'm doing that. I mean, I finally have Skyrim working without crashing (other than at the stupid damn smelter). And everyone knows that's obviously the most important thing. :tongue:

Edit:

No and i don't believe i was around long enough to chat with ya, nice knowing this community is aweesome.

Riiiiiiight... Not around long enough. I can't be the only one who has a slight suspicion about whether or not this is your first account.

Edit edit:

I was going to delete my edit, but... Well, what the hell.

I think i rather stick to modding, sigh so intrusive to ones life here. Makes you wonder why. I feel kind of hurt really.

Yeah, it's very Witcher-y now. But that's always a good thing, no? :tongue:

Yesssss. And looks nice.

I think i rather stick to modding, sigh so intrusive to ones life here. Makes you wonder why. I feel kind of hurt really.

If I really wanted to be hurtful I could've reported you.

I can't make you happy! :no:

I only make you sad, :sad: because I WIN! :D

For the moment; I'm the only one that can win and that makes me glad.

:sad: I WIN! :laugh:

If you don't even get the tiniest charge from saying, I Win, you need a vacation really bad. Now I am going to another thread and study *.BFA making. Studying makes me think, "One of these days I will comprehend how a *.bfa provides a good function in video games. Then I can come back here and without any explanation I can say,

:sad: I WIN! :laugh:

Two cannibals are eating stewed clown. One asks the other, "Does this taste Funny to you?"