The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I remember when Netscape was the browser we were using.

AT&T was the west coast ISP everyone was getting the service from them. Members were helping to create a better Nescape. Even I was debugging stuff during those days a little.

IBM was running with the New ISP; even Seattle and Microsoft had a I S P back then. I got my first ISP service from MA Bell. They changed their name several times and became U. S. West, Qwest, and I think it's now CenturyLink.

I hate it when I start assuming that everyone knows what I am writing about.

Not just Netscape, "Netscape Navigator". Version 0.9 is when I last used that browser. Thanks to the Internet I was able to realize I was being mentally bleeped again and left out the word, "Navigator".

And just like before; when I had just finished eating, my sharp and quicker wit started slipping off into the Slumber Zone. A glass of really REALLY cheap brandy might raise my IQ a notch, but I doubt it will since I took in the food.

I am much sharper and quicker when I am hungry.

I am about to drift off to Slumber City zip code O o o oo oo O. I know it is a little early, but I have another piece of paper that says I don't have to do guard duty unless the Marine Corps present General is not available... I think that's the Marine Corps General in San Diego; not the one at Camp Lejeune. Now my typing skill is failing me. :sleep: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sleep well, i remember being on the net with my father showing me around the internet when i was a young one, With Windows 3.1 work group back in the 80's with my old 386 still in working condition. It was a big deal in the 80's.

but more recent memories is when Windows 95 came out i was happier then i could be finding the internet again :geek: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Edited by niphilim222

I wondered why my old bones ached so before I finally drifted off to sleep. o_O The weather changed drastically. It was 70 degrees Friday, and yesterday it got cool, partly cloudy, and by 6:00 PM is was a bit like Autumn. I just awakened from my dinner nap at midnight Saturday. I looked out the window to see what it was like outside. As the clocks digits shifted to Sunday March 8, 2020 I was staring at the outer realm. The windows on a big truck out there were covered in white stuff. I know I am old now, because my bones forecast the weather just before I went to sleep. :woot:

Do you remember when AOL charged a membership fee and Netscape Navigator was the only free ISP available?

Do you remember having to enter a command line after your computer booted?

Do you remember having both a 3.5" and 5.25" floppy drives. Do you remember having to format 3.5" disks before you could use them?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I took a hiatus from computers between Apple II basic language , and Windows 95 .

Basically when I changed from the geeky kid playing dnd type games to sex ,drugs & rock n roll.

Which then sex , drugs & rock n roll caught up with computers , so I decided to get back into it.

Hehe ... nah actually it was StarCraft that drew me back in ... err I guess that came out in 1998 .

But Win 95 was still widely used.

Do you remember when AOL charged a membership fee and Netscape Navigator was the only free ISP available?

Do you remember having to enter a command line after your computer booted?

Do you remember having both a 3.5" and 5.25" floppy drives. Do you remember having to format 3.5" disks before you could use them?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

My first machine was an 8088 Tandy laptop (think it weighed just over 10 lbs). Dual 3.5" disk drives ... one for boot (DOS 3.0 I believe) and the other for whatever program/game you were going to run. I had to create the DOS boot disk myself using the step by step guide in the manual. The guys at Radio Shack sure saw me coming, it was obsolete the day I bought it.