Make any Two-Handed Sword, One Handed

zac dorkus

Looking for a mod that will make any two handed claymore/sword in oblivion into a one handed sword. The mod that actually caused me to request this is The Lost Spires as i wanted a one handed version on the Horn Of Zyyr. I mailed the creator of the mod but no reply yet. Any help greatly appreciated.

That's simple enough that you really don't need a new mod to do it. Open the CS and choose the Oblivion esm. Go to items/weapons and right click in the window with all the weapons. From the list that pops up choose new. Navigate to the mesh for the sword that you like and be sure to change it to single handed. Change the ID/ name of the sword and drop it where you can easily find it. Save the esp and exit the CS. When you activate the esp you will have the sword you want.

Ok seems simple enough but I do not have the construction set installed because i do not think it works in vista. I'll find a way around this though (perhaps use windows 7's new XP compatability mode) so thanks for the help.

You could try using the extra esp bundled with my playable Xivilai - that makes only the player use two-handed weapons one handed. It was made for the Xiv specifically, but it works with any race. Third and first-person anims are included.

Putting it bluntly, yes. :)

There is a mod called Unnecessary Violence which, while it has some stiff reqirements which I will list below, allows you to switch grip from one hand to two hand dynamically while playing as well as to dual wield any one hand gripped weapon including attacking separately with the offhand weapon for damage. Here is a screenshot with one of my characters using dual scythes after having grip switched them to one hand:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/24936-1-1249449902.jpg

Here are the requirements/reccomendations and link to the page for the mod:

Requirements: Oblivion Patch 1.2.0.416, Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) v17 or better, Nifscript , Pluggy 1.25b (HUD Version)* , Unofficial Oblivion Patch**, Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch** (if Shivering Isles is installed).

* Pluggy is only required for the FFP Crosshair (see below). If you are unable or unwilling to to use pluggy then you can either disable the FFP crosshair or disable FFP mode altogether in the INI.

** UOP/USIP are only required for FFP mode. If you are unable or unwilling to use them because you are insane, then disabling FFP in the INI will negate the need for them.

Recommended: Oblivion Mod Manager and/or Wrye Bash

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24936

You could try using the extra esp bundled with my playable Xivilai - that makes only the player use two-handed weapons one handed. It was made for the Xiv specifically, but it works with any race. Third and first-person anims are included.

off topic, just got curious... how many spiders that super bug will eat yet before growing up a bit? (from your sig :) )

Ok thanks very much to everyone who replied, very helpful info there. Taking into consideration now the two main ideas of using slofs xiv. esp or downloading unessesary violence. I have looked at the mod and have all the requirments but i am not sure if i will like the changes to the combat system that unessesary violence offers. Also not a big user of claymores/two-handed swords so making all two-handed swords one handed wont be too much of a problem. Anyway i will try both so thanks to those that suggested them. :D