Elder Scrolls Online Nexus and NMM updates

Dark0ne

some of you fanboys will be so disapointed with ESO it almost hurts me aswell

If you really think you will have a fantastic real TES RPG experiment you are wrong

the last MMO RPG died when sony decided to make starwars galaxies a themepark

there are NO MMORPGS any more

every mmo what is on the market now atre combatsimilators where the only thing you fo is grind endless series of scripted dungons get some new gear level up and do it all again

only this time they stamped the TES name on it other wise this game is just another generic fanrasy mmo in a generic fantasy worl with the predictable classes and predictable playstyles

Yes the game is well made and with a high end pc it really looks great , but great looks doesn't make a great game

and with the microtransactions they already started i fear this will end up in a pay to win in 6 months and a F2P in less than a year

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really like mmo's because they all turn into shooters. But after playing Elder Scrolls Online it became very enjoyable.

The major problem was no GamePad support of any kind. This should always be given as a user option today (especially since your subscribing and it will be available on X1 and PS4).

The bows seemed slow and had poor aiming. There were very few usable weapons and coin available.

The picture quality at ultra high was like skyrim vanilla. (I missed the Nexus mods to improve it.)

The faces had no expression, just their lips flickered.(Did not match the words.)

But as I said I still enjoyed it once I got use to some of the keys. (But I still hate KboardMouse)

You have to get over level 14 to start to really enjoy it since most creatures will make a quick meal out of you. You do respawn. There was also no pause when you open inventory, so,you can be attacked. The map needs to be a lot better. Maps are just basic with no 3D and no fast transport from map. Hopefully zenimax will improve upon it.

Please, for the love of sweet Jesus, will everyone STOP pretending this game is good. If even the development team at Zenimax had thought this game was good, they wouldn't have released "Imperial Editions" requiring players to pay just to play the most played race in the elder scrolls franchise. They're trying to recoup development costs before this joke of a game sinks.

If you haven't played it yet, I'm telling you, it's awful, and I'm not exaggerating. No, this has nothing to do with bugs, the gameplay is just plain awful, and the story is a train wreck. Given the EXTREME amount of lies and trash being thrown in this comment section, I will try my best to explain why it's so bad.

1. Hit scan Combat System.

You know that whole thing about "Skryim" combat in an MMO? Yeah, you've been lied to. This an outdated hit-scan system, basically, there are NO projectiles. As long as you left click when the enemy is in your crosshairs, you hit them, the only way to dodge or be dodged is if the enemy moves out of the crosshair before you left click. You might be wondering "does it atleast FEEL like skyrim's combat?" No. No it does not, it feels worse than anything you've ever played before. If you've played WoW, this is basically the same concept but without cooldowns and you're required to aim. Some of the moves still wont trigger without a target though, with an error message appearing on the top right of your screen saying "Invalid Target." There's even channeled AoE and Cone AoE abilities and the ground even "lights up" in red so players know to run out of the area before it hits. Theres no locational damage either, so if that 2H sword wielding dragonknight is running at you and you shoot an arrow into his leg, he just loses some health and keeps on running.

2. No Ammo.

Yup, shoot arrows infinitely, there are no ammo requirements or anything even remotely that realistic.

3. The Shunning of Havok/Physics.

If you're hoping for smooth, immersive animations and effects, forget about it. NO one can disagree with me when I say that the animations in ESO are a total joke. I still personally believe that the animation team was trolling when they put these in the game, but Matt Firor was too incompetent to know it.

4. Brain Dead NPCs.

Artificial Intelligence is non-existent. The NPCs function EXACTLY as they do in WoW. In a major "battle" theres nothing but some NPC "enemy soldiers" standing around at 10-20ft intervals in "crouch" position just waiting to be killed. If you've ever played a human in WoW, you'll know what I mean when I say it's like the Blackrock Orcs in the Northshire starting zone.

5. Crime? Theft? Thieves Guild? Nope.

You can take some things from around the world, but no one says anything about it. Guards don't care, residents don't care, nothing. Everything is yours for the taking.

6. Art Style thats Impossible to take seriously.

Sure, it looks better than games like WoW, but the problem is that the art direction they've taken (which looks E-X-A-C-T-L-Y like SWTOR) makes the game feel childish. It gets worse, almost all of the assets look completely generic. Armor, and clothing look like they came from a totally generic medieval MMO, and weapons, especially swords, frequently look like toys. Know that I am not even slightly kidding when I say half the swords in the game look like paddles. Even the creatures are generic. The first time I encountered a skeleton, I knew I was going to be disapointed playing ESO, they're generic plain white skeleton. Nothing at all like the Draugr we've seen in skyrim.

7. Kill and fetch quests that feel exactly like WoW.

Yup, every quest I encountered from level 1-11 was the type of quest you'd see in WoW. "Find this guy, and he'll give you another quest" then you find him "Help me, I lost my favorite [insert tool or item here] please help me find it sir!" Theres even the exact same kind of "weaken the enemy first then channel cast to steal his soul" quests that you'd see in WoW. NOTHING is revolutionary about this game's questing system.

7. Nothing about this game is even slightly immersive.

You CAN'T sit on chairs in this game (just like SWTOR), instead, you can type /sitchair and your character pulls a full-sized wooden chair seemingly out of his ass and then sits on it. You can't pickup and drag bodies, you can't pickup and drag objects, nothing. Oh, but here's the kicker, in order to fish, you don't need any tools or anything, you can't like equip a fishing rod and mess around with it or anything. Instead, you click on the WATER and if it's fishable water, your character will then fish (You guessed it! He pulls a fishing rod out of his ass too). Thats one of the few thing you can click on that actually triggers an animation or reaction. There aren't even mailboxes in this game. To read mail or send/receive items, you just open up your interface and check your "outlook" style mail window.

8. 6-hour day and night cycles...

Yeah, they don't work on real time. Instead, every 6 hours it turns night time. There are 4 day-night cycles per real-life day. Oh, if you're wondering, no, the night's are not even slightly darker than day time. Just a dark blue sky above you when you look up. I've yet to experience any of the weather changes despite 5 full betas for over a year, but they said they're putting weather effects in. Oh, and for those who may be wondering why I played through 5 betas if the game is this bad, it's because I kept telling myself "It's just beta, it'll get better!" It never got better.

9. Every interior requires a loading screen or fade-to-black.

You can never like, take cover in a building and pop out behind your enemies.

10. Voice overs that can make your ears bleed.

Most of the voice overs are so badly read you won't believe it's not a low-budget indie game or a badly done mod. No no, I'm not talking about the MS Sans voices, I know those were placeholders, I'm talking about the actual voice overs. Also, facial expressions are barely existent, just a ton of weird eye motions and mouth twitching. When last I played the beta, none of the voice-overs were lip-synced, but I have no idea if that is going to be fixed by release. By the way, I've never seen anyone f*#@ up a "conversation" screen before, until I played ESO.

11. Movement Impairing Interface.

When you open your inventory or any other menu, your character stops moving and spins around to face your screen. If your looking for that health potion a few hits before death, forget it, your MORE f*#@ed if you open your inventory.

12. Interface based crafting.

Yup, pretty much the same as Skyrim, in order to craft, you just click things in an interface menu. Except, you can do everything at ONE station. Smelt ore at the anvil, break down armor at the anvil, and make the armor at the anvil. No "Smelter" or "Forge" or "Grind Stone" or "Workbench" here. It's just as boring and unimmersive for other professions too.

13. Unrestricted Fast Travel.

You can fast travel by finding a "wayshrine" which you pray at (channeled animation) then instantly teleport into thin air from location to location. It's like they were trying on purpose to flame off those who love immersion. It costs gold but not much, so you can pretty much forget about attacking/taking enemy towns in some world PvP action. Enemy raid groups can appear out of thin air instantly before you know whats going on.

14. Everything else sucks too.

Horses appear out of thin air, there are neon colored armor and weapons like in WoW (not quite as bad as wow, but it's there), the story is dismal and boring, none of the quest-givers or NPCs have personalities, there are so many special effects that large battles look like raves, there are no next gen features at all - no environmental effects like getting wet or sweating, no blood or gore (although I think you can cut off heads, which is the only reason they got an M esrb rating), no environmental destruction, nothing. They did just add "solid" units though, which means you cant run through NPCs anymore, but they did it in the worst way possible. It's basically a solid block around the NPC that you can't pass through, no collision, pushing, or anything.

This game is one of the worst I've ever played. It's a cross between WoW, LOTRO, and SWTOR. For those of you who might be thinking "but it's by the guys who made skyrim!" No, it isn't, this game was made by an entirely new 300 man team at "Zenimax Online Studios" while the guys who made Skyrim are off working on a new game - most likely fallout 4 but I've heard rumors that its some kind of horror game.

Edited by TGirgis

In response to post #12991213.

I would have actually said this game was a GW2 clone, I came to calling it GW 2.5, a splash of WoW and Warhammer, never played LOTR so I don't know about that one. You are pretty spot on from the beta's I played, I've played a lot of MMO's and let me tell you, nothing in this game felt even the least bit original, the rolling system they got from GW2, hated it in that too, which is why I don't play that anymore either. The events system is just like GW2, which in turn got it from Warhammer, after most people have leveled toons and the game evens out, those events will mostly be dead. You could add rift for the events as well. Actually Warhammer came out first then rift then GW2.

There really isn't much to write, it's a standard theme park MMO, I thought maybe one of these days an MMO would start to incorporate some Sandbox elements into the game, but ESO is the farthest I've seen yet to have any kind of sandbox elements. Knowing the ES series I was hoping there would be some sandbox elements, but sadly none. If you want to play a sandbox ES game, your modded Skyrim is about as close as you will get.

PvP was on a separate server and it's 3vs3 faction, and you guessed it not unlike the way GW2 did their pvp 3v3 realms. Boring and tedious you spend most of your time running around and not getting really good pvp battles, mostly zergs. I've never been a fan of this type of pvp, I like open world pvp servers, cough joke SWTOR on that one too. Pvp servers my ass.

I really believe MMO gaming is now a dead entity, typical beta or MMO now, naked people dancing, people just standing around, ect... sad no one likes good gameplay anymore. Sadly I kind of felt the same way about skyrim, I was a little disappointed in that as well. Edited by boomer0901

In response to post #12841923. #12893503, #12956493 are all replies on the same post.

he is giving his opinion so are you and so am I, I do it because I feel people should not be screwed out of their hard earned money, but hey people don't want to listen to the advice of older gamers who have seen this type of game for the last 15 years now, MMO's are dead, they are all generic crap, that is my opinion. I would hope people would not reward a gaming company for producing crap. Please save your money, go spend it on drugs or whatever the hell kids are wasting money on these days.

In response to post #12616442. #12620582, #12633013 are all replies on the same post.

I would love to agree with you except I saw absolutely nothing new in this MMO, which means expectation where not met, not even a little, I was hoping for at least a little creativity out of this one with the amount of ammo given, coming from a ES backgrounds, but I learned my lesson the hard way with SWTOR, another generic MMO playing on the hearts and minds of gamers who love a series or movies or whatever and make an MMO about it, and make money off a name vs. an idea or creativity. I mean how could anyone f*#@ up SWTOR I mean there are hundreds of books, 6 movies, more lore and planets than anyone could fill up in a lifetime, but yet you have SWTOR a piece of s#*! MMO. ESO is the same, it will makes it's money on blind fanboy's who love ES lore more than playing a good game.

this game was so bad, that I don't even plan on buying it, usually all the beta's I play I will still buy the game and give it that 1 month after release to show me even a little bit of it's magic, this game had no magic, no creativity, no nothing that I could tell, it's so bad I won't buy it period. If you look at TGirgis post below mine he/she sums it up pretty well.

This is a game made to play on the name of ES and get people to buy it, same as what SWTOR did. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

all I see in this thread is how bad the game is lol. I played in the last beta weekend and I really enjoyed my experience with it a lot.

All the haters probably haven't even played the game. Get real!!!

Sure, it's not perfect, there were quite a few bugs, and it can be improved (especially the fluidity and responsiveness of the combat) but it was still very fun to play. Isn't that the point of games? To have fun? Out of the plethora of MMO's I have tried over the past few years it's the only one that has been able to maintain my attention and keep me playing for more than an hour or 2...in fact on Friday morning I woke up, logged in and played ALL DAY until like 3AM. Haven't done that in a long time.

Edited by Thandal
Removed unnecessary vulgarity.

Honestly, I Hated WOW & the Way MMO's Worked Back In the Day... However the "Elder Scrolls Online" May Change All that this Might Be the first MMO I Consider looking Into. Either Way Bethesda, "PLEASE CONTINUE WITH THE TRADITIONAL ACTION RPG SINGLE PLAYER STYLE". This Might Be A Great Addition to the Elder Scrolls Universe, Yet Developers In General NEED to Respect Single Player fans As Well :D

In response to post #13055143.

bugs where not even a factor in my review of the game, because frankly the gameplay everything else about the game screamed Guild wars 2.5. If you enjoy theme parks and wow or any theme park for that matter you will most likely love this game, because they definitely do not stray from the path of the theme park MMO.

If you are looking for something creative and different with good combat you will be sadly disappointed and to those who say they've played wow and didn't like it but love ESO are the ones full of s#*!, sure the graphics look different but it's the same game, just like the rest of the theme parks on the market.

To each there own, I would not belittle anyone for buying it, I'm just to the point in my life where I want to see creativity and good gaming companies rewarded and stop rewarding theme park companies, the gaming industry has no incentive to change if you keep scooping up the same old crap, money talks in every industry, if people stop buying crap like this the gaming companies have to be innovative to get people to buy something new, which means new and more and better gaming for all.

I don't blame the gaming companies at all, if it was me I'd make a theme park too, with as much money as people throw at it on opening day gets all their investment back and them so, and if you keep subs for at least 3-6 months you're making a profit, even at say 10-20k subs alone, I blame gamers for spending money on F2p models and theme parks is why no innovation has occurred in the last 15 years in MMO's.