Boss or Loot?

maladar

When it goes wrong, it really goes wrong...It ends up defaulting me back to the inn at Riverwood, removes any ECE- race edits AND reboots all my MCM dependent quests.

So what you're saying is that you are changing your mod list in the middle of a game and expecting a sort order utility to fix all the broken script dependencies for you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn to read or don't assume, GlassDeviant before you snark. I didn't have this issue before the use of LOOT. It was stable before...It broke after a set of conditions that I'll explain below.

I troubleshooted the issue finally... it's just my game anytime it is at the 254 mod mark AND with the use of a LOOT order seems to exhibit this behavior..At anytime lower than the 254 mod mark with a LOOT order...it is fine.

The script dependencies ONLY break in that instance. I basically bit the buttlet unpacked bsa's and used the TES5edit merge plugin script to bring my mod plugin numbers down.

So if anyone else ever has all their scripts break....keep the plugin number to lower than 254 when using a LOOT sort order. You can however be utilizing more mods than that (through TES5Edit merged plugins)...just keep the plugin number under 254.

I've been using Loot for a few months and the only problem is I have to place AFT at the bottom of the load order, otherwise my followers wander off the reservation.

• 3 months later...

Loot never made my game crash just saying but Loot does rely on explorer 11 to function right or give the right order.. i have so far had it give me 1 false reading on a mod.. where boss gave many and boss doesn't organize your load order even though everyone says it does.. it doesn't but Loot does.. it's not perfect though but it usually does a great job.. I would of gotten rid pof boss had dual sheath not made it a requirement...

LOOT ...for sure now, I will Quote me from 7 Months ago in this thread (top of page 2)

In this install i have only used Version 3 BOSS (now called LOOT) and the only thing needing fixing after running it is , it places BASHED PATCH about 15 mods up my load order( they are working on this). So i just grab the patch and place it just above the reproccer.esp and have been playing this way for months.

IT may sort differently but i don't see any ill affects in game yet. Will know as this is my 3rd Run..lol

OK well its 7 more months , still same Game, No ill effects. 118 hours and Level 38 now....i can call LOOT tested! And the weirdness posted above about sorting Wrye and ReProccer..was fixed loooong time ago.......:)

same but I use wyebash after loot and cleaning my mods put ATF at the bottom and rebuild my bashed patch as needed.. I so would stick with Loot over Boss just saying

Same, I only have to make a few manual adjustments (AFT also being one for me) and otherwise LOOT is fantastic.

I'm using LOOT now as well. I still maintain that BOSS is a better idea in principle, but it just isn't feasible with the sheer number of mods that are still being produced not just for Skyrim, but all the games it supports. I haven't had any game issues I can attribute to load order since making the switch, but I can tell you that its reporting leaves a great deal to be desired - the report itself is fine, but getting to that report is stupidly difficult if you don't know where to look for it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have 224 plugins in my game that are managed by Loot which is the new Boss as Boss is no longer being supported. Loot keeps everything running smoothly and I whole heartedly endorse it. I am playing ctd free thanks to Loot.