Stargate Goa'uld Staff Weapon

eleglas

Yes, that's not a problem. The staff weapons are supposed to be taller than humans as I described in an earlier post. The MGM DVD says they are 6.6 feet tall...which is taller than most people by the length of an entire head. The replicas being sold on the Internet are made to be almost 9 feet tall!!!!!! The ones shown in the screenshots are exactly 80 inches in length and very close to the official length. I'll keep the originals that length but I'll also include a dwarfed version too. thumbsup.gif How long would you like it to be (in inches)? Or would you like it to be matched to the size of an existing vanilla staff?

Yeah I think a regular sized staff one will be an ok size.

Thanks for that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare say the hand device will be implemented like, well, jewelry.

Probably the best way... like a glove or ring item. Then you can use OBSE scripting to perform some effects on cast, or just replacing the active spell.

I'm open to suggestions - I've been wrestling with ideas for making the hand device work something like, but I'm no scripter. I might separate out my Stargate stuff from Goth Shop 2 and release it as a standalone set of armour and weapons.

I'm more than happy for someone to script the hand device for me.

I'm open to suggestions - I've been wrestling with ideas for making the hand device work something like, but I'm no scripter. I might separate out my Stargate stuff from Goth Shop 2 and release it as a standalone set of armour and weapons.

I'm more than happy for someone to script the hand device for me.

Well, you could script it so that when you have the hand device equipped, it added several spells (for the various effect, one a touch drain health, one a shield, and one a custom knockback effect) to your spellbook, and when you took it off, they were removed.

Made a start on the hand device - it's pushing my modelling skills to their limits, as well as my patience with Blender! I hate rigging stuff on fingers! :D

Oh, I didn't know you were going to model it as well. So shall we turn this into a friendly competition then? You being the winner no matter what?

This is about as far as I got yesterday before I got sick with the stomach flu.

Oh, I didn't know you were going to model it as well. So shall we turn this into a friendly competition then? You being the winner no matter what?

What animation will this one use? Will it actually be usable as a weapon, or will it be a wearable item, one a belt, for example?

What animation will this one use? Will it actually be usable as a weapon, or will it be a wearable item, one a belt, for example?
That will be completely up to AS for that. I only intend on creating the model and passing it off for her to use / implement.

Although, having it attacked to a piece of clothing purely as ornamental is a good idea. Can wield the Jaffa staff and have the Zat gun on your side. :)

EDIT: Got a bit further with the initial model. Just need to shape to better match the weapon. And no, I have no further plans to create other request items. After this, I'm going back to my other WIP mods. The Ultraviolet Blade and Jaffa Staff are just testers for the PC I am configuring as my primary modding platform (which really stinks).

LHammonds

That will be completely up to AS for that. I only intend on creating the model and passing it off for her to use / implement.

Although, having it attacked to a piece of clothing purely as ornamental is a good idea. Can wield the Jaffa staff and have the Zat gun on your side. :)

LHammonds

Cool.

Might one of you be interested in making a Tok'Ra uniform or Je'ffa armor to go with it?

That's looking awesome! I like the idea of the closed one being attached to the belt so it looks like he's carrying two weapons. Doable, certainly.

I'm working on an Egyptian style set of armour (Slof style!) that goes with the hand device that would suit a Goa'uld. It would suit his arrogance. Maybe I should make a race of them too... I did for Morrowind!

I'm diseased myself at the moment, so feel more like curling up in a hole than modelling!