Premature Release  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of quest's would you like to see the most?

• Quests that introduces well written characters and well written stories.
    • Quests that have riddles and mysteries that you need to solve.
    • Stories that draws upon the Elder Scrolls Lore, and delves deep into many of the unanswered questions in the Elder Scrolls Universe. (Even though we know we're probably getting a biased answer, or probably not a complete answer)
    • Quests that will allow you to explore places you've never been before, or discover places where you thought there was nothing.
    • Quests pop out of nowhere and surprises you
    • I don't really care for stories, or concepts, or anything! I am the Dragonborn! Just point me in the general direction you want slashing!
  2. 2. Do you like the outfits created by this mod? Would you like to see more of these in the project?

• I love it! Make as many as you can!
    • I think this one plain shirt with a few belt and color variations is enough.
    • I do not like what you have made.
    • I think there are enough vanilla outfits in the game. Why create new ones?
    • I have no opinion on the matter.

Frostfall should be compatible. 99,99% sure, as is Campfire. Lanterns of Skyrim may have some of the lanterns placed in bad positions which can cause clipping. Will look into and fix a patch if necessary.

Winterhold rebuilt is a city overhaul mod. It will be compatible if you use my mod as modular, and do not use a Winterhold version. Immersive College of Winterhold is compatible. SMIM is also compatible. And essential ;)

Appreciate the offer of help! When the mod is released I'll have a bug board on the mod page. Anyone who spots any bugs, incompatibilities etc... May post a description of it there so I might fix it. otherwise I am very open for anyone creating patches themselves, or fixes for that matter. :)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going through a period of learning after I release the mod to learn how quests function and how to create them, along with dialogues. So for this release I am afraid they are all added in the traditional easy way.

Yes this may seem complicated but it's really easy you just need to :

- create a new quest ( i.e DawnstarPackageQuest )

- create for this quest a new alias ( i.e DawnstarCitizen1 )

- choose for this alias an unique npc ( i.e Jarl Skald ) and put to this alias all your new packages you have created for Jarl Skald.

No more

From what I understand of Campfire or Frostfall is that you can add markers that tell Frostfall you should be losing exposure and getting warmer. So say you've got a nice brazier somewhere in Whiterun you can add in this marker. I have no idea if you already gain exposure in cities though. If not then I suppose what I just said is moot ^_^"

From what I understand of Campfire or Frostfall is that you can add markers that tell Frostfall you should be losing exposure and getting warmer. So say you've got a nice brazier somewhere in Whiterun you can add in this marker. I have no idea if you already gain exposure in cities though. If not then I suppose what I just said is moot ^_^"

Was under the impression that it used the "Warm" objects, like campfires etc.. as a marker with a certain radius for warmth. May need a tiny compatibility to get the braziers I added compatible for that, but no more. Will look into it, as I am also a fan of Frostfall and other realistic mods for Skyrim :)

I will be going through a period of learning after I release the mod to learn how quests function and how to create them, along with dialogues. So for this release I am afraid they are all added in the traditional easy way.

Yes this may seem complicated but it's really easy you just need to :

- create a new quest ( i.e DawnstarPackageQuest )

- create for this quest a new alias ( i.e DawnstarCitizen1 )

- choose for this alias an unique npc ( i.e Jarl Skald ) and put to this alias all your new packages you have created for Jarl Skald.

No more

Sounds a lot like how the Jarl package system works. I did look into this when I was adding new packages to the Jarl, Steward and Housecarl. If its like that then it is very simple. But if I do it now, then I have to start over with compatibility. Will do it for the next iteration though ;)

Okay. I've finished the compatibility patch for Unofficial Skyrim, the objects should have the right textures etc... Now. But for some reason my NPC's wont go outside unless I enter their homes first which makes their AI suddenly work and they go outside. Vanilla NPC's on the other hand work perfectly. Anyone experienced this and know what I have to do?

Nevermind! Nevermind! Me being stupid. If Holds is still an .esm it wont load the packages for the non-vanilla NPC's. So if I replace the .esm with an .esp version of Holds, it works fine. :pirate:

So I guess we now have functional compatibility patch with Unofficial Skyrim. I doubt a bit that it is 100% perfect, so if anyone does play my mod and recognize mistakes, I will support and allow anyone to create patches or content on my mod, as long as it uses my mod as a dependency of course.

@Edit; Fixes I've made. The meshes texture locations. Blacksmith Dawnstar and Falkreath AI Package to force them to work.

Edited by Galandil

Okay, we now got compatibility with Skyrim Flora Overhaul, and Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch. Next I will create compatibility with Interesting NPCs, and I will look into whether or not SMIM and Climates of Tamriel requires Compatibility, I'll need a patch for Lanterns of Skyrim, Convenient Horses and Ultimate follower overhaul and ELFX before finally looking at creating compatibility with the quest mods Undeath and Moonpath to Elsweyr, both of which I know at this moment are incompatible. I should be able to finish this up by tomorrow before, if there is nothing else starting to create modular patches of Holds.

I guess we are on schedule. :)

For Weather mods I would argue that Climates of Tamriel has a succesor, that's maybe more worth looking into:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73937/?

I am, pretty sure that weathers mods like this and COT are compatible by default but will look into it.

Ran into a bit of a problem guys while making compatibility patch for Interesting NPC's. The Interiors were easy to create compatibility patch for, no problem. Exteriors on the other hand, nope. For some reason- The stuff I've done, the edits do not appear on the render screen, in the object screen all of the objects are said to be set to 0, as if I never put any object in my mod. if I create an edit, load up Skyrim, then my stuff is still there, but in the creation kit's patch, it does not register that. So I've spent parts of the day trickling stuff around and testing continuously. But then came the real problem. I need to move certain X-markers, and X-markerheaders, and patrol idles to the new world spaces for Falkreath and Dawnstar. In these world-spaces I can't see a damn thing. I have no idea what I am looking at. At all. I will try to get stuff right, but I worry a bit that a compatibility patch may result in certain NPC's standing inside of buildings or worse. If anyone has experienced this problem please let me know what the solution is :smile:

@Edit; Going to try and cheat a little bit. Adding the stuff to its correct locations for a minor area which I know there will be stuff from Interesting NPC's, and hope I can then use that as a reference as I put the markers down and link them to their packages. Once thats done I'll remove all of the objects I placed and hope this works. Its only for two world-spaces thankfully so hopefully it wont take too long.

Edited by Galandil