The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

• 1 month later...
just downloaded the cd of Eminem, Curtain Calls.

I downloaded it LEGAL. Planet internet got this nice thingy, you get 1000 pts every month for using planet internet you can spend on downloading songs or cds. Every month your 1000 points are restored, and downloading a full cd costs 1000 points. And i can do 1 month with a cd, so i can get any cd i want for free, with only a 1 month waiting time which i spend listening the newest cd. :)

The cd of February i chose was: The trinity, of Sean Paul.

I'm in the pop music/rap music thingy.

:wacko: Music forever :wacko:

*Laughs at himself* Woah I've changed a lot. From raplistener to rap'strongly-disliker' in around half a year. It was never 'gangsta-rap' though. And I still posted 'I' as 'i'.

No more switching for me (for a long time). I'm settling (Already did months ago, but never posted) at punk, alternative and a little indie rock. My favourite bands right now are Muse and Lostprophets. I think 90% of the bands I like are british. They.... rock? :P

I think 90% of the bands I like are british. They.... rock? :P

Funny you should say that Pov, 'cos I've been listening to quite a lot of Dutch music recently. GoldenEarring, for one - their "Twilight Zone" er... Rocks! And there's a really good trance DJ called Rysdyk (though I think it's really spelt Rijsdijk.) He also rocks... in a spacey kinda way :P

I think 90% of the bands I like are british. They.... rock? :P

Funny you should say that Pov, 'cos I've been listening to quite a lot of Dutch music recently. GoldenEarring, for one - their "Twilight Zone" er... Rocks! And there's a really good trance DJ called Rysdyk (though I think it's really spelt Rijsdijk.) He also rocks... in a spacey kinda way :P

Twilight Zone sounds pretty nice... Never heard of it (or the band), but that's probably because it was recorded before I was born :P

Dutch bands I like... Kane, and Di-rect a little.

I'm trying to get my 13 year old brother to listen to rock music (or anything else), but whenever he sees a song I like he goes like 'Weee rock and roll! hehe.' and switches to mtv base where I can enjoy Snoop Dogg 'singing': "Run motherf**** run!", and how gangsta he is because he kills people that are 'dissin him'. Uh-uh. Nope, nothing I can do anymore.

I'm trying to get my 13 year old brother to listen to rock music (or anything else), but whenever he sees a song I like he goes like 'Weee rock and roll! hehe.' and switches to mtv base where I can enjoy Snoop Dogg 'singing': "Run motherf**** run!", and how gangsta he is because he kills people that are 'dissin him'. Uh-uh. Nope, nothing I can do anymore.

;D ROFL! ;D Give him time.... I was listening to NWA (the group Dr. Dre and Ice Cube - amongst others - started in) et al when I was his age, and if anyone dissed me or ma homies, I'd pop a cap in deir ass, 'cos I was a crazy MuddaFu**er from around da way. Then I went on to Gothic, and Heavy Metal not long afterwards. Nowadays I have a right ol' laugh thinking back about it all, but I still listen to some of it and (ususally) enjoy it.

• 1 month later...

I just discovered (and am very much enjoying) the bands: Thy Disease, Shade Empire, Summoning, and Agonoize. Plus have been listening to a bunch of Psyclon Nine and Red Harvest.

Thy Disease - Rat Age (Sworn Kinds Final Verse)

Shade Empire - Intoxicate O.S.

Summoning - Minas Morgul

Agonoize - Evil Gets an Upgrade

Psyclon Nine - INRI, Divine Infekt, and Crwn Thy Frnicatr

Red Harvest - Internal Punishment Program, Cold Dark Matter, and Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Not sure how many others have heard of or listen to any of those... heh.

Motörhead's 2006 album "Kiss of Death." Not that impressed, really. They sound great (kind of gruffer, if that's possible) but the creativity seems to have waned. Shame really :(

I've never been that impressed with Motörhead. To me (and this is just my opinion) they always seem so... bland. I've also never been a fan of how the vocalist sounds. If you've been a big fan and this album saddens you I am sorry to hear that. :(

Motörhead's 2006 album "Kiss of Death." Not that impressed, really. They sound great (kind of gruffer, if that's possible) but the creativity seems to have waned. Shame really :(

I've never been that impressed with Motörhead. To me (and this is just my opinion) they always seem so... bland. I've also never been a fan of how the vocalist sounds. If you've been a big fan and this album saddens you I am sorry to hear that. :(

No, it doesn't sadden me as such. I just always found them great fun hard rock'n'roll, and I think the fun has gone now. I shan't be losing sleep over it. Thanks awfully for your concern though :P