Dragon Age: Origins

Monolithic0117

What do you think of Dragon Age so far? Do you think it will turn out as good as Baldur's Gate, or be a flop?

And is anyone planning to (or already have) pre-ordered this game? If so, which edition are you getting? Standard, or Collector's? And are you getting a digital or physical copy?

I myself am pre-ordering the Digital Deluxe edition from Steam. The Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep DLCs and a bonus Steam exclusive item are included, as well as all of the Collector's edition contents except for the cloth map and bonus DVD.

Dragon Age has gotten mostly positive praise from pre-release reviews, and I hope that it'll turn out to be an excellent RPG.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon Age Origins (Homepage)

Looks cool. I've heard about Oblivion players migrating to DA but it doesn't seem like an Oblivion-killer to me.

I won't be pre-ordering this game but I might eventually buy it long after its initial release. I like to read about other's experiences first...and not from game reviewers...actual players.

One thing I really don't like is a disconnect from the cinematic movie sequences to actual gameplay. The cinematics look awesome but gameplay seems like a completely different game.

Here are some gameplay video with developer commentary:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

A new, proper, decent, fantasy DnD game is always welcome. I'll be playing it, like I've played all the others.

I wouldn't say that it's a DnD game. BioWare has constructed their own world and rules from scratch, and DA doesn't have any relation to DnD.

Although it is quite similar to DnD games such as Baldur's Gate. This is BioWare, after all.

I wish they would scrap it and hurry up on Mass Effect 2/3.

Shame! Shame that you would overlook such an anticipated game that has been in development for at least 5 years, and was announced way back in 2004.

They are supposed to be releasing a FREE Flash-based web browser game today.

Dragon Age Journeys

Preview

EDIT: They also have a character creation tool you can download right now which can be loaded into the game when you get it. (318 MB)

EDIT: They also have a character creation tool you can download right now which can be loaded into the game when you get it. (318 MB)

Not to mention that you get a free ingame item if you log in to the full version with the account that you used to upload any number of characters from the CA.