Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

If we're lucky we'll get SSS, Message, Sinners, and more Someguy mods forever, but please don't get overworked. Bounties III is the climax of the original epic trilogy and it deserves to be as spectacular as the previous two chapters.

Yeah, I want to avoid hyping those up too much until NVBIII is out. I'm pretty damn confident about the project, though. It's over halfway done, and the main quest is about 90% finished now. Peripheral content can be cut, expanded, revised, etc. without far-reaching consequences for the mod. Getting the central narrative in place was my first priority, as I wanted to avoid distracting feature creep and/or bloat. Aside from the random encounters, I've been pretty damn focused.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the villains in the Someguy Series have an incredible intellect, especially when conversing with the Courier (well.... save for the still ambiguous Judge). Zimmer, skilled in vernacular and the way of a master swordsman. Sergio, a pleasant talker and entrepreneur. Glanton, a semi-moral compass hellbent on revenge. Titus Vulcanus, skilled in classical Latin and the longevity of one of Caesar's finest. Sadly, Marcellus, of the nulla Siege of Firebase Zulu, sounded like an incredible character wanting to reform the Legion. But back to Bounties 3; how good will the conversations between the Courier and Marko be with depth, morality, previous characters and content, and overall horror taken into account?

Guest deleted2159825

how good will the conversations between the Courier and Marko be with depth, morality, previous characters and content, and overall horror taken into account?

Emphasis: horror... and humiliation.

Along these lines, but much worse:

http://daviddougan.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/rwnyo.jpg

I appreciate the compliments. Generally speaking, an action-oriented narrative is only as good as its antagonist. If someone is going to be believably pitted against the Courier, he/she can't be inept or stupid. I've made my share of mistakes in storytelling (

the wholly contrived demise of Bradley

) and dialogue (

"f*** you, shitkicker"

), but I try to put everything I have into the villains.

Anyway, back to audiobooks and navmesh. :wink:

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

I'm guessing we won't see any NCR or Legion type of people... It's always fun to mess with the Legion.

No Legion, but don't discount the NCR.

P.S. can you change your avatar back to the old one?

No, I rather like Gus right now.

Will we see Martins' Marines in this or in a future installment? They sound like some serious geeza's if they're made up entirely of the remnants of the U.S Marine Corps, kind of people you would want backing you against Marko n Glanton!

Will we see Martins' Marines in this or in a future installment? They sound like some serious geeza's if they're made up entirely of the remnants of the U.S Marine Corps, kind of people you would want backing you against Marko n Glanton!

IIRC only the leader is a (confirmed) USMC remnant. The rest of them merely adopted the traditions, dress, etc etc of the old-world Corps. Keep in mind, every Marine is a rifleman first, whatever else they do comes second. If they do show up in force, I fully expect them to be more than capable of holding their own in a shitstorm.

Not gonna lie, I laughed when I found that message. Martin is not only a Marine (bonus points if he turns out to be Recon :3), but he has survived over two centuries in a post-nuclear hell. If that doesn't make you badass, nothing will.

Guest deleted2159825

Not gonna lie, I laughed when I found that message. Martin is not only a Marine (bonus points if he turns out to be Recon :3), but he has survived over two centuries in a post-nuclear hell. If that doesn't make you badass, nothing will.

Kill.