Fallout new vegas

evilmicevil

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really hope they give bethesda´s voiced dialogues the finger. Sure it sounds nice and such, but it completely killed any attempt at having a good story with enough background information to make things believable in their last games.

For a current generation game to not have voiced dialogue would be pretty unacceptable.

I really, really hope they give bethesda´s voiced dialogues the finger. Sure it sounds nice and such, but it completely killed any attempt at having a good story with enough background information to make things believable in their last games.

For a current generation game to not have voiced dialogue would be pretty unacceptable.

That's pretty unfortunate, seeing as it makes modding that much more difficult. People feel they need voice actors for their quest mods or otherwise it won't measure up to vanilla.

Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights had, what I think, was a good compromise. Baldur's Gate only voiced certain parts of the dialogue - the initial greeting, and the major dialogues along the main quest line. Neverwinter Nights, for all its other faults, managed to make a good compromise for 3D as well - it would zoom in for cinematic dialogue again only for the major quest line dialogues, but for minor dialogures it would not zoom in for a cinematic and rely on a dialogue box instead. I don't know why more developers don't opt for that approach - it may not be as cinematic, but it has to be much, much comparatively cheaper than having every last line voiced. It's something that'd probably be barely noticed in a game reivew anyway, as those opt to finish the game as soon as possible and thus will be rocketing down the main, fully voiced quest line. It would allow Bethesda to actually focus on deepening the characters instead of making them just gears in the plot's larger machine, and considering that shallow characters have been a persistent criticism of Bethesda's work, from what I've seen, it's really in their best interest.

Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights had, what I think, was a good compromise. Baldur's Gate only voiced certain parts of the dialogue - the initial greeting, and the major dialogues along the main quest line.

Yep, best system ever. They kinda "put the voice in your head" so you knew how to read the lines. But oh well, most people today simply do not want to read anymore. Basta.

They prefer having a bad story read to them to going through the horror of reading themselves.

What I look forward to or hope for is the surrounding area. Vegas is pretty big I guess. I just hope that you could go to places like area-51, etc.

No matter, New Vegas is going to be awesome just like Fallout 3. :smile:

Another problem I hope they solve in New Vegas, I really really really REALLY hope they get more voice actors for the voice acting instead of having the same person doing voices over and over again. :glare:

Mel Blanc voiced most of the Looney Toons characters by himself. ;)

hope they take note of all these mods for FO3, it amazes me how much better the people who play this game can make it better than the ones who actually made it

and "steal" all kinds of stuff again? like the workbench which was an oblivion mod? hell no! those cheap *selfcensorshiprules* should finally start to develope a game instead of puzzeling it together out of other peoples ideas and creations without giving the slightest bit of credit...