Fallout new vegas

evilmicevil

Something about the game, and trailer, just doesn't seem right. I am thinking that this game is going to dissapoint me. Probably going to be something lame. I hope i am wrong though.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for a moment in the game where I'll be able to have a Shotgun Wedding with a Ghoul, then get pissed blind at the after-party, and wake up with a bad hangover half buried in the desert with nothing left in my inventory so that I have to make my way back to New Vegas in a horrifically violent rage systematically tearing apart everything ugly in my way to get my stuff back, and a divorce!!

Well, it is close (relatively) to the west coast, which had intelligent super muties. It'd be kinda weird if it didn't have them. Certainly there'd be ways to explain away their absence, but it'd probably feel like a cop-out. Besides, would it be Fallout if there were no muties? :D

I hope new vegas is as open-ended as Fallout 3 is. I hope it is even better than Fallout 3. The only thing that I think they won't get right is making the city itself. To make Las Vegas untouched by nuclear bombs is a HUGE project, especially since there are a lot of unique buildings and landmarks. Those factors alone will make New Vegas questionable in quality towards making the city alive. The Mojave desert will be cream gravy, and well done I can imagine. When it comes to games that have deadlines (Fallout: New Vegas is supposed to be released this upcoming fall!) there is a lot of stress and hurry this up type of stuff going around the developer network. This is one of the reasons I fear New Vegas won't be as incredible as I imagine.. But a man can dream... A man can dream... I just hope they release a G.E.C.K with New vegas to people can overmod it like Fallout 3.

If every Fallout fan was very patient and didn't send emails to Obsidian that might allow them to drop the shoulders and take thier time making the game a workng masterpiece, otherwise expect a minimalistic approach to Vegas. Besides all the negatives I seem to have emitted I do trust Obsidian will do a good job on New Vegas. Obsidian has done some great games in the past (KOTOR 2 being thier first) as well as having developers who worked on the original Fallouts. Obsidian took KOTOR 1 and made it much better with better crafting, etc. However, I am sure you KOTOR fans remember how KOTOR 2 was rushed because of a deadline: thus leaving unfinished work that was obviously spotted in the gameplay. I am afraid that Obsidian with the amount of push they are getting will leave Fallout: New Vegas the same way unless they extend Fallout: New Vegas' launch date to next year.

In the meantime I will keep a eye out and a ear on for how they are progressing. I think 75 - 80 % of thier work should be dedicated to Vegas alone.