⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Will TES6 ever be made?

scissorhands

yup it's a game, but I've been gaming since Atari...20 and some years man...finished school, college, got a job, made money, got a house, etc, etc....
back in the days, graphics were....graphics?....what graphics?...while back no one gave a damn about graphics and HD, we were imaginative, and gameplay had to be amazing for us to really notice the game...so the games were better, storylines, quests. Back then when first TES came around it was unbelievable, I mean, a game where you can do whatever you want to do?, that was something of an unthinkable dream, but it came finally...GTA too, but GTA was more of an arcade game back then....then a few yrs latter a true revolution in gaming, Morrowind and some other games that are not related to this, so then graphics became better, stories were at their best, then came Oblivion in '05, graphics even better, story amazing, Skyrim 6 yrs latter, graphics also amazing, story too..

But what is my point....TES was a pioneer, so was GTA, and in some way they are still at the top, focusing on good graphics and amazing gameplay and storyline, and that is their selling point,
see for one I'd rather stick a bottle in my behind than spend 60$ on Battlefield or alike, (CoD really has good stories, can't complain, I mean it had good stories, then they've started flying to space)....if the graphics are so good that I can see an eyelash falling in HD and HQ 4kp and other stuff, but the story is kill this, kill that, plot twist, kill this, kill that, then f that game...

Storylines and gameplays are getting worse and worse, in every 2-3 years we get a great game, with a great story, and the other games are just loosing it (AC for an example)

Assassins Creed was one of my fav, when the first one came out I was blown almost as much as when GTA3 came out....
Assassins Creed II was even better, story, graphics, everything....
but then they've started firing out new games on the shelves so much that we have a joke when we see someone buying the latest edition - "Don't buy it, go run a lap around the mall, the new edition will be out by then"

And then AC was dead for me....yes I agree they make pretty amazing graphics and games, but, yeah, when it came down to same old gameplay in more HD that's when I gave up....

My point here, new games = suck, old games = suck less, so Skyrim really is a jewel of games :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would really cool, Black marsh concept art make it seem like a gritty, wet and grassy place that as odd as morrowind. Argonain armors and weapons will look so cool.

With this, maybe the DB questline will be about rebuilding the shadowscales base, since it closed down after their fall and the night mother said "it was only the start."

It took 6 years for Skyrim to come out after Oblivion. The next installment will most likely take the same amount of time or more. Even if Bethesda isn't involved in TESO, I imagine they're probably helping out a little bit with the lore and such. And Bethesda won't announce anything until there's a fair amount of work done, something to show off at E3. I don't mind waiting however long it takes, as long as they produce a game as immersive and amazing as Skyrim and all of it's predecessors. (Except for TESO..)

There is no reason for Maven Blackbriar to be essential or Brynjolf (wtf his name is/who cares?). I agree that not being able to kill some of the essential NPCs is pointless from a storyboard aspect. Make them protected so dragons, vampires and other NPCs can't kill them but LET THE PLAYER slaughter them in the streets like the pigs they are. If the player kills them, their BS quests don't start. If they could do it for the DB quest line and kill all of that content they certainly could have done it for something as asinine as the Thieves Guild and Maven Blackbriar.

There is a mod that allows for doing just that but it changes things that have nothing to do with the Thieves Guild. My own solution is once I enter Riften for the first time I open the console, click on Maul and SetPos X 0 and click enter. He's gone and I don't have to listen to his stupid dialogue. Next is Brynjolf and he gets the same treatment. As for Sapphire, you can chop her to bits while she is talking to that Redguard guy and no one in town will interfere and there is no bounty. Avoiding the rest is easy; never go to the Ragged Flagon. As for Maven; nothing I can think of to get rid of her that won't break the game or immersion. And that's too bad because she sucks.

The Daedric Quests that I know there is no way out of once they get forced on you is Meridia's and Boetheia's. And the Boethia Cultist is another one of the 'I don't want you in my game' NPCs that gets the console. I just disable him and never touch the quest books that spawn in dungeons. At least I can avoid that goofy quest. Meridia's is easy; never take the Beacon and NEVER go to her shrine.

Avoiding dragons altogether is easy. Do the vanilla start and choose the Imperials side of Helgen Keep. Go to Riverwood and when Hadvar and his blacksmith uncle go inside the house, DO NOT follow them. That kills the quest since they will remain inside and wait for you forever. And never take the Dragon Stone from Bleakfalls Barrow. If you do not play the Civil War quest (another trick quest to force you to start the main one) you'll only see one dragon the whole game. It's kind of nice actually. And when you get to about 50th level merchants will start selling dragon bones and hide, so you can still craft weapons and armor.

I liked the way Oblivion did things. Never go to Kvatch and the main quest never starts and no other quests (that I played) forced you to start it. The same was true for FO3. Whatever game Bethesda makes next (TES6 or FO4) they need to do it that way again, and also get rid of the Skyrim character generation scheme. It's horrible. If they want to go that route then the way Saints Row 3 did it would be a good thing to copy.

The choice is yours, Skyrim unbound, timing is everything and thief guild requirements. I have those three for a long time. And I'm sure you will love them.

There's no doubt we'll see another Elder Scrolls.

Since Tamriel has more or less been (and will be in future patches/expansions) covered by TESO, I hope they move to one of the other continents for the next main entry in the series.

I'm sure Fallout 4 will keep us busy until then anyhow.

Of course there will be a 6th one.

ill have a hunch that that it might involve the summerset isles in some way.Maybe a final struggle between the imperials and the aldmeri dominion would be kind of cool if you could choose who to side with.

In my opinion Skyrims continent is a bit boring and i would love to explore some of the more alien landscapes like elsweyr or black marsh (Argonia), if Argonia is chosen ill think Bethesda should combine it with elsweyr cause theres really not that much going on in Argonia alone.

Or what about an expansion to the mysterious Akavir (ill really hope theyll make that one)