⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Will TES6 ever be made?

scissorhands

Sometimes it does not work, dude. Assassins are okay, but think about the TG guild.

You can kill an old cult of old assassins after finding out the password somehow by yourself. I'm talking about an old experienced assassin, her werewolf husband, a shadowscale, an old mage that can turn you in and out, another dunnmer mage and a spider. But not a bunch of outlaws living in a place called the ratway? Why? you can be the most helpful guy in Skyrim, you killed the world eater, the vampire lord the first dragonborn, but not one old mean woman? That woman is worst than any npcs people talk about all the time like poor Braith, while she is just a kid, this woman is old and belittles you as she does that for years, why no one kills her as much as them?

They let you go to a collage that shuts in from all of Skyrim and let off to never come back after that? Why? Okay you are dragonborn. But even the guards told you to shout to prove it, but an old smartpants bunch of mages didn't?

By the way, I googles 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 14 to know what are you talking about:

"Vivec lay with Molag Bal for eighty days and eight, though headless. In that time, the Prince placed the warrior-poet's feet back and filled them with the blood of Daedra. In this way Vivec's giant-form remained forever harmless to good earth. "

Are you sure some mad person that has a crazy stick did not write this? :tongue:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play it to kill, or admire the sunset in HD (but I do love that none the less), I think that I've read almost every book in the game....in the last few yrs, Skyrim just became an fancy librery to learn about that world....it sounds geeky, but I'm no geek at all, just got caught up in it so much, and realized that Oblivion Crisis and Dragon Crisis were nothing compared to some other events from the yrs passed....

TES series is truly an work of art, and a legacy of the Michael Kirkbride (the guy who wrote the stories and lore)...he is the new Tolkin.... :D

Tolkien on some heavy, heavy drugs maybe... Have you read the 36 Sermons yet? :D

If you think the 36 sermons are bad, try reading the c0da sometime. It's a real mindf**k. I can't decide if Michael Kirkbride is a genius, or clinically insane. Maybe both...

@ xerxes1cross

Yes, whole skyrim is forced into you when I think about it.

The TG guild, the DB quest, the collage, the bar collage, all dlcs, some deadric quests.

How do you mean "forced"? Forced because you get a journal entry? The only one you actually have to join is the Mages Guild, but all you really have to do is get in the door, after that, you can ignore them. I do agree that it would be nice if they had added a dialogue option for "I just need to visit the Arcaneum", but I'm guessing that the Mages Guild is too cloistered for that. As far as the TG goes, you can ignore them altogether if you talk to the Argonian Barmaid (can't remember her name now) in the Bee and Barb instead of Brynolf.

Sometimes it does not work, dude. Assassins are okay, but think about the TG guild.

You can kill an old cult of old assassins after finding out the password somehow by yourself. I'm talking about an old experienced assassin, her werewolf husband, a shadowscale, an old mage that can turn you in and out, another dunnmer mage and a spider. But not a bunch of outlaws living in a place called the ratway? Why? you can be the most helpful guy in Skyrim, you killed the world eater, the vampire lord the first dragonborn, but not one old mean woman? That woman is worst than any npcs people talk about all the time like poor Braith, while she is just a kid, this woman is old and belittles you as she does that for years, why no one kills her as much as them?

They let you go to a collage that shuts in from all of Skyrim and let off to never come back after that? Why? Okay you are dragonborn. But even the guards told you to shout to prove it, but an old smartpants bunch of mages didn't?

By the way, I googles 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 14 to know what are you talking about:

"Vivec lay with Molag Bal for eighty days and eight, though headless. In that time, the Prince placed the warrior-poet's feet back and filled them with the blood of Daedra. In this way Vivec's giant-form remained forever harmless to good earth. "

Are you sure some mad person that has a crazy stick did not write this? :tongue:

well you can kill them, just use the mod that lets you kill essential NPCs :D

But nothing changes in the game.

But nothing changes in the game.

I didn't say that the game is perfect, but again none is.. :/ I like it the way it is, sure it has some obsolete and absurd contradictions in it, but I can look past them :) but I get your point, I agree

There is no reason for Maven Blackbriar to be essential or Brynjolf (wtf his name is/who cares?). I agree that not being able to kill some of the essential NPCs is pointless from a storyboard aspect. Make them protected so dragons, vampires and other NPCs can't kill them but LET THE PLAYER slaughter them in the streets like the pigs they are. If the player kills them, their BS quests don't start. If they could do it for the DB quest line and kill all of that content they certainly could have done it for something as asinine as the Thieves Guild and Maven Blackbriar.

There is a mod that allows for doing just that but it changes things that have nothing to do with the Thieves Guild. My own solution is once I enter Riften for the first time I open the console, click on Maul and SetPos X 0 and click enter. He's gone and I don't have to listen to his stupid dialogue. Next is Brynjolf and he gets the same treatment. As for Sapphire, you can chop her to bits while she is talking to that Redguard guy and no one in town will interfere and there is no bounty. Avoiding the rest is easy; never go to the Ragged Flagon. As for Maven; nothing I can think of to get rid of her that won't break the game or immersion. And that's too bad because she sucks.

The Daedric Quests that I know there is no way out of once they get forced on you is Meridia's and Boetheia's. And the Boethia Cultist is another one of the 'I don't want you in my game' NPCs that gets the console. I just disable him and never touch the quest books that spawn in dungeons. At least I can avoid that goofy quest. Meridia's is easy; never take the Beacon and NEVER go to her shrine.

Avoiding dragons altogether is easy. Do the vanilla start and choose the Imperials side of Helgen Keep. Go to Riverwood and when Hadvar and his blacksmith uncle go inside the house, DO NOT follow them. That kills the quest since they will remain inside and wait for you forever. And never take the Dragon Stone from Bleakfalls Barrow. If you do not play the Civil War quest (another trick quest to force you to start the main one) you'll only see one dragon the whole game. It's kind of nice actually. And when you get to about 50th level merchants will start selling dragon bones and hide, so you can still craft weapons and armor.

I liked the way Oblivion did things. Never go to Kvatch and the main quest never starts and no other quests (that I played) forced you to start it. The same was true for FO3. Whatever game Bethesda makes next (TES6 or FO4) they need to do it that way again, and also get rid of the Skyrim character generation scheme. It's horrible. If they want to go that route then the way Saints Row 3 did it would be a good thing to copy.

There is no reason for Maven Blackbriar to be essential or Brynjolf (wtf his name is/who cares?). I agree that not being able to kill some of the essential NPCs is pointless from a storyboard aspect. Make them protected so dragons, vampires and other NPCs can't kill them but LET THE PLAYER slaughter them in the streets like the pigs they are. If the player kills them, their BS quests don't start. If they could do it for the DB quest line and kill all of that content they certainly could have done it for something as asinine as the Thieves Guild and Maven Blackbriar.

There is a mod that allows for doing just that but it changes things that have nothing to do with the Thieves Guild. My own solution is once I enter Riften for the first time I open the console, click on Maul and SetPos X 0 and click enter. He's gone and I don't have to listen to his stupid dialogue. Next is Brynjolf and he gets the same treatment. As for Sapphire, you can chop her to bits while she is talking to that Redguard guy and no one in town will interfere and there is no bounty. Avoiding the rest is easy; never go to the Ragged Flagon. As for Maven; nothing I can think of to get rid of her that won't break the game or immersion. And that's too bad because she sucks.

The Daedric Quests that I know there is no way out of once they get forced on you is Meridia's and Boetheia's. And the Boethia Cultist is another one of the 'I don't want you in my game' NPCs that gets the console. I just disable him and never touch the quest books that spawn in dungeons. At least I can avoid that goofy quest. Meridia's is easy; never take the Beacon and NEVER go to her shrine.

Avoiding dragons altogether is easy. Do the vanilla start and choose the Imperials side of Helgen Keep. Go to Riverwood and when Hadvar and his blacksmith uncle go inside the house, DO NOT follow them. That kills the quest since they will remain inside and wait for you forever. And never take the Dragon Stone from Bleakfalls Barrow. If you do not play the Civil War quest (another trick quest to force you to start the main one) you'll only see one dragon the whole game. It's kind of nice actually. And when you get to about 50th level merchants will start selling dragon bones and hide, so you can still craft weapons and armor.

I liked the way Oblivion did things. Never go to Kvatch and the main quest never starts and no other quests (that I played) forced you to start it. The same was true for FO3. Whatever game Bethesda makes next (TES6 or FO4) they need to do it that way again, and also get rid of the Skyrim character generation scheme. It's horrible. If they want to go that route then the way Saints Row 3 did it would be a good thing to copy.

well, I have to ask you, but what the hell dude?...I mean, buying the game not to play it?!....Brynjolf is essential since he is needed for the main quest, and you can't avoid the Flagon since you need to pass there in order to get to Esbern...and why do you play the game? what, you go around exploring for 1000s of hrs?...If your goal is to go out and kill without triggering any quests, then just don't buy the game since IT IS MADE TO PLAY THE QUESTS...sure you have to trigger one or two of them in order to complete the third, but I don't know what annoys you there?...just don't go to quest log and ignore it...and it is very much immersive and close to real life situations...when you do one job good, you'll be proposed to do another one, and level up in that organization...if you've (example) killed Grelod or whatever, then it is only natural that the DB will contact you since YOU ARE A KILLER, and what will you do from there, it's up to you...to get through the main quest you have to trigger the TG questline, and do 1 quest for Brynjolf, and after that he doesn't say "DUDE YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO JOIN US OR WE WILL HUNT YOU IN YOUR DREAMS" - no, he only mentions that his organization could use someone like you, and that if you'd like to find out more, you should come to Flagon....and that's it....I mean why miss out everything, sure, I had my bunch of playthroughs with like a warrior guy that only does Companions quests, or a mage that does only College quests, and ignore the other questlines, but if I happen to trigger one, I don't go in blind rage, I simply ignore it and turn it off in my quest journal...

That would be like living a life in which you only go from house to house and do nothing, you don't make friends and you pass opportunitys, and simply ignore the whole idea itself....unless your idea of ideal Skyrim is to run around killing and stealing and wasting time , then you should try Minecraft out...but yeah, don't get mad when you find out you have to build :P

as for the other stuff, there are different types of players out there, and some of them just run around killing and levelling and stuff...but for me that is not the point of the game and to me none of that makes sense....and if you think that you don't have a freedom of choice and you get annoyed by things they are "forcing" you to do, then I have only 1 suggestion - do not ever, in your right mind and clear conscience play anything older or lesser than Minecraft....since yeah, if I say Skyrim has a freedom, and you say it does not, and that you are forced to do something, then what do you think when I say that for an example CoD does not have freedom, and it forces you to do something....but I get it, CoD is all about killing stuff and blowing it up (not that I don't like it), but again, that's what kids like this days...not many enjoy the lore and history of Tamriel and try to live just one small part of it through the game, and than god we have not one but, 5 of them to choose from, so if you don't like that Skyrim "forces" you to do what you don't want, then pump up ENB and re-install Oblivion or Morrowind, and there you go...

Like I said, I avoid three quest lines. THREE, not the whole game. There are plenty of side quests that can be done without ever touching the Main. I've done all of the DB, Companions, College and about 70% of the Daedric with one character. When I retired him I was 80th level and had already rolled over One Handed from skill 100 twice. I had lots of fun. It isn't that I don't like the whole game, it's that I find certain quest lines boring or simply stupid and I don't want them in my Journal. I don't care if they are 'part of the game'. I paid $60 and I'll play it the way I want to.

As for your house to house analogy, I don't go to people's houses who I do not like. Again, the way Skyrim forces the issue (using your house comparison) is like walking down the sidewalk and you see a weed growing in someone's yard. It's a weed so you pull it out, and that is when every one in the house runs out and pushes you into the back yard so you can mow, weedeat, and trim the hedges.

And I'm an action gamer and that's how I play Skyrim. I mash it, and if it wasn't for quest mods it would already be on the shelf gathering dust. You might think it's the greatest thing in the world game-wise. I don't, since I've played games with one millions times better graphics and story lines that make Skyrim seem like a rerun of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

It's a GAME, not a religion or a way of life.