Your Most Frustrating Oblivion Moments

Spl1nt3rC3ll

When I entered the Tiber Septim hotel and witnessed not only pirates ransacking the place but also several IC palace guards fighting them and a group of deer running around. I LOVE the Tiber Septim hotel.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god!

Most frustrating moment;

Plugging my iPod into charge, whilst in Oblivion. And around two minutes after plugging it in, Oblivion Minimizing, and a message about updating the iPod software, <,<

"Oblivion has encountered an error and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would you like to send an error report?"

Yeah, because i want Microsoft mocking me because my game crashed while entering a door.

oh, and the other one.

Load saved game *Flash updater pops up* alt tab back, game hasn't crashed... 3 minutes later *Java updater pops up* alt tab back no crashing... 3 minutes after that "Firefox has crashed" close firefox, game still fine. 2 minutes after *Apple updater pops up* raging, alt tab back to oblivion, exit menu, "Oblivion has crashed" >.<

Edited by spiritshadowx

Load saved game *Flash updater pops up* alt tab back, game hasn't crashed... 3 minutes later *Java updater pops up* alt tab back no crashing... 3 minutes after that "Firefox has crashed" close firefox, game still fine. 2 minutes after *Apple updater pops up* raging, alt tab back to oblivion, exit menu, "Oblivion has crashed" >.<

That's one good reason to disable the network before playing Oblivion :wallbash:

Edited by MarkInMKUK

That's one good reason to disable the network before playing Oblivion :wallbash:

i kept putting the console on then alt-tabbing, then i forgot to and it crashed >.<

I would be playing, screen would go black, it would exit the game, 'Oblivion has encountered a problem and needs to close, click to cancel'.. Okey doke, I'll do that but.. WHERE THE F**K IS THE F**KING MOUSE POINTER!?!? So I end up having to turn my laptop on standby, turn it back on so that it takes me to the login menu and restart it! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Got another one.

Not as frustrating as others, but I did the Order of The Virtuous Blood, and every time Serider would hit me, even once, I would get Poryphic Hemophilia and instantly become a vampire.

I finally just sniped him with a crossbow, and that took care of him. :devil:

@ Daledge ... Ctrl + Alt + Del then Alt then u and a final u. Even if your screen doesn't show it, this brings up Task Manager and uses keyboard shortcuts to shut down your machine. Far safer for the registry etc. I've got a sticky right above my monitor for those 'Oblivion' moments.

You can also ctrl+tab to another program I keep notepad up for just such happening should bring your pointer back.

The no mouse issue is caused when Oblivion is still asking to make the mouse cursor invisable (Like when you are walking) and centred (hense why you can endlessly move your mouse in one direction). When it crashes it doesn't try to lease the mouse controls, therefore the only way to get it back is to end process. Alt-tabbing will fix it on a rare occasion. Usually i press ctrl-Alt-Delete > select Start task manager > press tab until the box cursor goes into the process list > press the button that does right clicks > end task > end now > 1...2...3... poof!

Or otherwise i get engulfed into a cloud of anger and rage and throw my computer out the window then cast several fireballs onto it, topping it off by summoning Mehrunes dagon to stomp it.