Your Most Frustrating Oblivion Moments

Spl1nt3rC3ll

My most frustrating moment was when those really tall knights tried to make me cut down the biggest tree in the forest with a herring...oh, wait...that wasn't Oblivion.

Here's another of my least favorite moments...clearing out the majority of any given dungeon, only to lose all my progress because of getting stuck behind a box. Thank goodness I play on the PC now, that's where the console versions really failed...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most frustrating moment in Oblivion is when this blonde, pointy haired freak showed up with his torch and annoyed the hell out of me outside the Arena.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

That's the Annoying Fan, the most funnest, awesomest NPC to kill, ever! :thumbsup:

My most frustrating moment was when those really tall knights tried to make me cut down the biggest tree in the forest with a herring...oh, wait...that wasn't Oblivion.

Here's another of my least favorite moments...clearing out the majority of any given dungeon, only to lose all my progress because of getting stuck behind a box. Thank goodness I play on the PC now, that's where the console versions really failed...

We want a shrubbery...Ni!

But place this one slightly higher than the first with a small path between them...

Anyhow, getting stuck is definitely the worst part. Happened to me frequently when I was still on the Xbox 360 version of GOTY. It only took me a few times to realize I should save more frequently, but it's nice now to just be able to snap my fingers and fix it. Never again will I be kept at bay by useless storage containers.

But place this one slightly higher than the first with a small path between them...

Anyhow, getting stuck is definitely the worst part. Happened to me frequently when I was still on the Xbox 360 version of GOTY. It only took me a few times to realize I should save more frequently, but it's nice now to just be able to snap my fingers and fix it. Never again will I be kept at bay by useless storage containers.

Indeed. I've never played the console version, but I don't want to even count how many times I've run to the priory chapel just to get stuck behind the door. How does that work? Not sure, but I know it's happened more than six times...

Thank God for 'tcl'

Frustrating moments? Hmmm...

1) Dying of a sprained ankle trying to run down the hill just outside of the Imperial City. I get that I'm a new character, but getting killed by a sprained ankle just sucks.

2) Getting hit so hard my character flies *through* the wall or floor, or dropping items to have them do the same thing. Sometimes I mysteriously teleport to some other random part of the structure. Sometimes, I'm just stuck, and using tcl is tricky when you're getting mobbed.

3) Guards. Somehow, it's okay for them to attack me without provocation. The instant I defend myself, however, they get all up in arms. Okay, so you can shoot me full of arrows, but I can't fight back? How is that fair?

4) Vanilla quests that assume PLAYER = IDIOT. Main Quest - you're not allowed to figure out the Mythic Dawn book-puzzle on your own. Dark Brotherhood, you're not allowed to notice that those fake dead-drops aren't in Lucien's handwriting. Hello? I'm a reasonably intelligent player, with a more than reasonably intelligent character. Why can't I make good old fashioned D&D Wisdom checks/Intelligence checks to figure it out?

And then, of course, there's the moments when I realize I've mucked up a mod install and something goes awfully wrong. But that's my bad - I take full credit for operator error. The vanilla stuff, though, that's frustrating indeed.

Hmm, walking into a town and having everyone tell me how skilled I am. "You have the hands of an Illusionist." "You look skilled in Alteration." Look, tell me how you came to these conclusions. I wear gloves/gauntlets 98% of the time, and I've yet to discern any signs pointing towards someone being skilled in Alteration. I understand I've got the down solid. You don't need to tell me about it. If there was a mod to make it all stop I'd be downloading it instantly.

Oh, and bugs where random doors lock for no reason whatsoever. I don't think I've been able to walk into the Mystic Emporium without breaking in. Sinderion also barricaded himself in his basement one time, however that was on the console version I've got so dunno if that counts. Just hope he starved down there. Never got to turn in my last batch of demon Nirnroots...

The parts highlighted in red made me laugh :laugh:

I 100% agree with you about the psychic people...

I think my most annoying moments were when I did a LOT and forgot to save it, then died. :confused:

Barricaded himself in the basement?...lol...

did you ransack or murder a really large amount of people a few hours before visiting the emporium?

Im surpirsed Glarthir doesnt do the same...

I was owning some draeda in a oblivion relam and I had to get trought one dangerous bride surrounded by lava and then suddenly a crazy demora appeared out of the nowhere and did cast a paralysis spell and I had to witness how my char had a nice fallbat in lava