Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

What would you consider a big worldspace? We are working on a mod with island similar in size to Solstheim but I can't find anywhere how many cells were used in it.

Can someone give me estimated lenght x breadth in cells of Solstheim, or can clarify whether 42x45 cells is a lot ;)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you consider a big worldspace? We are working on a mod with island similar in size to Solstheim but I can't find anywhere how many cells were used in it.

Can someone give me estimated lenght x breadth in cells of Solstheim, or can clarify whether 42x45 cells is a lot :wink:

Have a look Here

So I'm working on a follower mod where you can teach a follower what you have learned and train their stats and such. The wiki tells me that the [Actor].AddShout() function will crash and corrupt the save if used on an NPC as opposed to a player. Is there any way around this? Does SKSE fix this at all?

So I'm working on a follower mod where you can teach a follower what you have learned and train their stats and such. The wiki tells me that the [Actor].AddShout() function will crash and corrupt the save if used on an NPC as opposed to a player. Is there any way around this? Does SKSE fix this at all?

Maybe using lost of formlists could be a work around.

Have the actor pull the shout based on an array listing all the shouts.

Hello,

I'm new to Mod Organizer. I followed STEP instructions but when I install a mod I got an unexpected pop-up saying "Extract BSA - This mod contains at least one BSA (...) If you don't know about BSA's, just select no"

I am unsure of what to do.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

My bad. Ignorant I am and ignorant I should stay seeing how helpful was your reply. Nevermind, I will look for help in some other place.

That option will (among other things) "open up" the mod allowing you a look inside.

It could cause problems for the average user, and it is not needed.

If you intend to become a mod author and want to see "inside" so that you can tinker around, go for it. If you don't need that, just leave it alone.

My bad. Ignorant I am and ignorant I should stay seeing how helpful was your reply. Nevermind, I will look for help in some other place.

You didn't ask for an explanation in your original post. You said you were unsure what to do.

Managing BSAs in Mod Organizer is something you only need to do if you want to force resources from a particular mod to load in a different order than they would by default. In almost every case you don't need to do that. It really is one of those features that you should ignore until you actually find a need for it. Unpacking BSAs goes a step beyond just managing them, it allows you to manage individual resources files. It's something very few people need to do and if you get to the point where you need that feature you'll know it.