Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Re-asking question slightly in different form:

I'm thinking about making realistic material properties mod, and currently only issue I'm having is that I can't decide how I give hidden perks to NPC's.

Instead use an ability to "fake" a perk, getting the magic effect/script as close to how you'd want it if it were a real perk as possible, since AddPerk doesn't work on NPCs.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know a way to fill an alias with an item in the players inventory? Or is there any way to change what an alias gets filled with at quest start based on certain conditions (such as player race)?

ForceRefTo as the item is added to the player's inventory (OnItemAdded) or you can drop the item, ForceRefTo and then readd it and requip it if needed.

Right, but if the others are correct about the item not having an objectref while in inventory than this won't work as OnItemAdded() -- or OnContainerChanged() in my case -- is only run in the event that the item has actually been added to the inventory at which point it has no object reference. Is there a way to choose the initial fill alias based on script? Maybe I could make the HoodedMan (Letter Giver) only get the correct version of the invitation based on the player race at quest start? Ideas on how to do this?

Having trouble filling a quest alias after it has been cleared using the following script. When I try to test this, the alias gets cleared (if it wasn't left empty) but the alias never gets refilled. Does anyone know what could cause this or have any experience with something like this?

Scriptname Mod1QPart1LetterScript extends ObjectReference

Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)
	if (akNewContainer == Game.GetPlayer())
		Secret_Invitation.clear();
		debug.notification("Secret_Invitation Alias cleared")
		Secret_Invitation.ForceRefTo(self);
		debug.notification("Secret_Invitation Alias refilled")
	endif
EndEvent

Event OnRead()
	MOD1QPart1.SetStage(stagetoset)
EndEvent

Quest Property MOD1QPart1  Auto  
Int Property stagetoset  = 70 Auto 
ReferenceAlias Property Secret_Invitation Auto 

Items in an inventory do not exist as object references, so they cannot fill aliases. You'll have to create the item as an object and put it in the alias before it is added to the player's inventory. The best way to do that depends on how the player initially receives the book.

You might need to have the book drop itself out of the player inventory, capture the reference in the alias, then put the book back. (Of course that means you're check will have to detect if the book is already the one in the alias and do nothing if it is.)

My main concern with this approach is that the player may see the dropped item, I should be able to disable it and still fill it into the secret_invitation alias if I set the alias to allow disabled correct?

I've lost all quest markers in some cities - Whiterun and Windhelm. Thy show on the world map and city map, but not int he world itself.

Is there a way to fix this or "reset" them? I searched for this and saw it was a common issue, but I've not been able to find a fix.

Hello, I'm trying to add texture to my obj. in NifSkope, but for some reason it just stay grey. However when I add my texture to a nif. extracted from Skyrim everything works...

Images that explains better than me

http://oi62.tinypic.com/az6gkw.jpghttp://oi62.tinypic.com/2m273ma.jpg

Edited by GoldenSword