Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question: do disabled objects use up resources (gpu/cpu)?

Yay! a question I can actually answer.

Disabled objects still exist in memory (they are not cleared and thier information is still stored there) but a disabled object does not get rendered (saving GPU overhead) and ignores collision (which may or may not reduce CPU and/or GPU overhead, depending on how Skyrim's source handles the collision meshes.) In addition almost all interactions with the object are ignored, which can save a bit on CPUand/or GPU usage (modern processors can be separate or hybrids of these two so it depends) depending on the volume and processing cost of those interactions.

All in all it is better to disable objects that you plan to use again, and <ObjectReference.Delete()> those you will never need to see again. A disabled object uses up system memory but in most regards is ignored by game processes and doesn't use much -- if any -- of the GPU/CPU resources. Hope that helps.

Not enough information for the hammer. Need to see the shader and texture set node settings. This is probably a problem with the shader flags as well.

attached the nif. file, do you need the textures too?

Yes I think i need the textures. Though applying my own will either stay gray or all black. I even tried copying it to a past weapon I made and applying the textures there, and nothing changed.

I think something went wrong during export. Texture information seems to be corrupted.

Edited by Elathia

Yes I think i need the textures. Though applying my own will either stay gray or all black. I even tried copying it to a past weapon I made and applying the textures there, and nothing changed.

I think something went wrong during export. Texture information seems to be corrupted.

Here you go [link] (had to use mediafire since the files were to big to attach)

The textures worked on the glasswarhammer as shown in one of the pictures, but when I switched the glasswarhammer model with my own hammer it stopped working :/

Edited by GoldenSword

If the alias is empty it will return none. You don't have to compare it to none either. Can simply do:

if myAlias.GetReference()

or to check if it's true

if !myAlias.GetReference()

Alright, Thanks, Knew I didn't need to compare, but I was just checking that if you request a reference that isn't there that the reference is just 0.