Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I think i need the textures. Though applying my own will either stay gray or all black. I even tried copying it to a past weapon I made and applying the textures there, and nothing changed.

I think something went wrong during export. Texture information seems to be corrupted.

Here you go [link] (had to use mediafire since the files were to big to attach)

The textures worked on the glasswarhammer as shown in one of the pictures, but when I switched the glasswarhammer model with my own hammer it stopped working :/

not at my PC right now but you can check a few things on your end.

Reexport the mesh. If nothing has changed then reapply the UV and then collapse it onto the mesh againand export. I Don't know what 3d program you use. I'll also try this when I get home.

Anyone have a good way to check that all enemies in an area (trigger volume) have been killed? Tying to trigger a boss encounter using this sort of approach, and can't seem to find an easy was to do this without adding a global.

My two thoughts would be:

Script on all possible actors in that area counting up one on a global (don't worry about adding a global it's not a big deal at all - you can use a conditional script property if you're really worried about it). Or, a quest filling Aliases with those entering the trogger if you don't know all possible actors.

- Less efficient(ish) - more work

Or, you could add a script to the triggerbox polling if akActionRef is dead and adding new akActionRefs to an array and polling the members of the array (formlist might be better).

- Polling should generally be avoided

+ One script

Yes I think i need the textures. Though applying my own will either stay gray or all black. I even tried copying it to a past weapon I made and applying the textures there, and nothing changed.

I think something went wrong during export. Texture information seems to be corrupted.

The textures worked on the glasswarhammer as shown in one of the pictures, but when I switched the glasswarhammer model with my own hammer it stopped working :/

Reexport the mesh. If nothing has changed then reapply the UV and then collapse it onto the mesh againand export. I Don't know what 3d program you use. I'll also try this when I get home.

Solved! turned out that the newest version of nifskope have problems with UV's or something, so I used an older version and everything worked perfectly ^^, thanks for all the help :smile:

This should be an easy one, but Google doesn't come up with anything solid. I am creating my first player house, most things go swiftly without any crazy stuff. But now I lowered the landscape a bit to get rid of the grass sticking out of a platform. Now the grass remains where it is...

Two things I read after googling :

1) This is part of my current save game (which I figure would mean it would only look good for people entering for first time in that cell)

2) Edit the .ini to get rid of the floating grass 'bug'

Most info I read was from 2012/2013 -- Now *hopefully* there is a third option where I can either update the new state of the landscape or I can lower/delete the grass of the landscape. Any help appreciated!

This should be an easy one, but Google doesn't come up with anything solid. I am creating my first player house, most things go swiftly without any crazy stuff. But now I lowered the landscape a bit to get rid of the grass sticking out of a platform. Now the grass remains where it is...

Two things I read after googling :

1) This is part of my current save game (which I figure would mean it would only look good for people entering for first time in that cell)

2) Edit the .ini to get rid of the floating grass 'bug'

Most info I read was from 2012/2013 -- Now *hopefully* there is a third option where I can either update the new state of the landscape or I can lower/delete the grass of the landscape. Any help appreciated!

Grass is actually a texture. So, you want to be in the cell view and press H to open the landscape editor. Choose the version of that texture from the list in the middle of the landscape editor window that has NO grass (there's Grass/NoGrass versions of everything, if you can't find the right texture to fit the current lanscape just keep trying), then right click on the area you want to remove the grass from. This allows you to "draw" the new texture on the land. It will replace previous textures (like grass meshes on land).

Or at least, it should. :P Though I may be misinterpreting your issue.

Solved! turned out that the newest version of nifskope have problems with UV's or something, so I used an older version and everything worked perfectly ^^, thanks for all the help :smile:

Excellent, but I did notice one little quirk when looking at the mesh in my 3d program. There is a vertex floating in the air by itself.

It actually isn't one vertex. But 613 vertexes sitting on top of each other. You may wanna delete that. It's right above the handle.

Hmm mmm newest version is no good for ob.j importing either. I use version 113 rc6 I think.

Edited by Elathia

Excellent, but I did notice one little quirk when looking at the mesh in my 3d program. There is a vertex floating in the air by itself.

It actually isn't one vertex. But 613 vertexes sitting on top of each other. You may wanna delete that. It's right above the handle.

Hmm mmm newest version is no good for ob.j importing either. I use version 113 rc6 I think.

Thanks, will take a look at it

Anyone have a good way to check that all enemies in an area (trigger volume) have been killed? Tying to trigger a boss encounter using this sort of approach, and can't seem to find an easy was to do this without adding a global.

My two thoughts would be:

Script on all possible actors in that area counting up one on a global (don't worry about adding a global it's not a big deal at all - you can use a conditional script property if you're really worried about it). Or, a quest filling Aliases with those entering the trogger if you don't know all possible actors.

- Less efficient(ish) - more work

Or, you could add a script to the triggerbox polling if akActionRef is dead and adding new akActionRefs to an array and polling the members of the array (formlist might be better).

- Polling should generally be avoided

+ One script

Thanks for the reply. None of those are really clean, and I think I'm just going to change the boss fight anyway -- seems to be more interesting to fight boss and minions simultaneously.

Have you tried showing the PlayGameBryoAnimation return value in order to see what the result is?

There is some discussion on the wiki page that indicates afEaseInTime is erratic. Have you tried setting it to 0.0?

not set to 0, but i have tried running the script without it just incase, was no difference. What do you mean by return value btw?