Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knew what the cut and blood effects are that are added to an actor (you know the ones that show when you get hit with a weapon) and how one might add them through script... any and all help would be appreciated.

Edited by MadManP

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I want to play Skyrim (that I bought on Steam) with a few mods. So here are my quick questions (nood inside!!) :

1/ To enjoy the mods I installed via Nexusmod manager, should I launch Skyrim with the Steam shortcut or with the Nexusmanager launcher?

2/ When I launch the game with Nexusmanager, it asks me if I want to close Nexusmanager after launching. Should I choose Yes or No ?

Thank you guys ;-)

Hi,

I want to play Skyrim (that I bought on Steam) with a few mods. So here are my quick questions (nood inside!!) :

1/ To enjoy the mods I installed via Nexusmod manager, should I launch Skyrim with the Steam shortcut or with the Nexusmanager launcher?

2/ When I launch the game with Nexusmanager, it asks me if I want to close Nexusmanager after launching. Should I choose Yes or No ?

Thank you guys ;-)

I think this thread is intended for those needing help with mods that they are making rather than applying mods to their game.

Anyway, unless you are using SKSE you can launch the game with either its standard launcher or using the link inside Nexus Mod Manager (NMM). The link in NMM simply starts up the standard launcher anyway. As far as closing NMM while playing Skyrim, that is your call. For most cases, I'd say yes.

Quick question. Is it relatively safe to delete JUST the cobj entries for mod items I'm never going to craft, in order to clean up my crafting menus?

Thanks in advance.

I do the same thing and see no issues. Alternatively you may give the cobjs two contradictory conditions.

Quick question. Is it relatively safe to delete JUST the cobj entries for mod items I'm never going to craft, in order to clean up my crafting menus?

Thanks in advance.

I do the same thing and see no issues. Alternatively you may give the cobjs two contradictory conditions.

Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply. I couldn't see anything in the CK that would cause problems, but I'm still not entirely sure what I'm looking at half the time.

Hi,

Thank you guys ;-)

I think this thread is intended for those needing help with mods that they are making rather than applying mods to their game.

Anyway, unless you are using SKSE you can launch the game with either its standard launcher or using the link inside Nexus Mod Manager (NMM). The link in NMM simply starts up the standard launcher anyway. As far as closing NMM while playing Skyrim, that is your call. For most cases, I'd say yes.

Thanks a lot ;-)

Thanks in advance.

hehe I like that solution.

I was thinking CCOR has MCM to configure a feature allowing to hide categorically and/or by skill (smithing) level...?

Thanks in advance.

Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply. I couldn't see anything in the CK that would cause problems, but I'm still not entirely sure what I'm looking at half the time.

You could do it in TES5Edit as well, might be faster.

There is the slight poasibility that the cobj might be referenced by a script somewhere, in which case the CK will give you a warning while TESVEdit would not. (Script functions that affect cobj forms are skse functions and relatively new, so few mods probably make use of them.)