Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used ECE to make my custom follower's face, saved my character's preset to a certain CME save file so I could import it properly into the CK via NoseType32 and now I'm not sure if I still need the CME save. If it gets overwritten, will my npc's face get messed up, or will it be fine? Also, would someone need ECE to be able to use my follower? I have a friend who has Skyrim on PC and doesn't use any character/appearance mods, if I emailed him just the .esp file would it work in his game?

Edit: One more question, sorry! I gave my follower an elven bow and 50 elven arrows. When she runs out of arrows is that it or will she spawn a bunch of iron arrows?

I don't know if NPCs run out of arrows. I thought they didn't but I could eb wrong.

I quick tested it in game, I left her with only her bow and a single arrow and told her to attack stuff. She used her arrow and then started punching everything. I wonder, if I don't give her any arrows in the CK will the game give her a bunch, since she has a bow?

Here's an interesting question that my roommate made me think of... Would it be possible to make it so when you go to use a workstation (forge, enchanter, etc.), it will have access to materials you've put in a container without having to move those items to the player temporarily? I mean, I know there are mods out there that have linked containers or whatever that you can put stuff in, and when you activate the workstation the container linked to it will have the items within temporarily transferred to your inventory, and then returned to the container when you exit the workstation (i.e. like Breezehome Fully Upgradable); but I don't want it to have to transfer the items back and forth because I've noticed it tends to lag if you have a lot stored in those containers. I just want it to have access directly to the relevant container's contents so that it would, hopefully, be quicker even with a lot of stuff in said container. If it's possible I would love to know how to achieve such; if it isn't, no problem.

Edited by Darkxenoth

Hi Matt, quick question:

I have an object I need to hit with a sword, once hit, an explosion occurs, and I get transported to an xmarker heading.

My issue is the "OnHit" set stage alias script on the static object doesn't do anything, of course on hitting it, will set the stage

for an explosion, and transportation.

Any pointers?

I used ECE to make my custom follower's face, saved my character's preset to a certain CME save file so I could import it properly into the CK via NoseType32 and now I'm not sure if I still need the CME save. If it gets overwritten, will my npc's face get messed up, or will it be fine? Also, would someone need ECE to be able to use my follower? I have a friend who has Skyrim on PC and doesn't use any character/appearance mods, if I emailed him just the .esp file would it work in his game?

Edit: One more question, sorry! I gave my follower an elven bow and 50 elven arrows. When she runs out of arrows is that it or will she spawn a bunch of iron arrows?

I don't know if NPCs run out of arrows. I thought they didn't but I could eb wrong.

I quick tested it in game, I left her with only her bow and a single arrow and told her to attack stuff. She used her arrow and then started punching everything. I wonder, if I don't give her any arrows in the CK will the game give her a bunch, since she has a bow?

If the npc is hit by arrows, they can collect/keep them. Lydia seems good at this, as I gave her a bow and no arrows...eventually she had collected several handfuls of iron and steel in only a few bandit skirmishes.

There may be a glitch where if ammo is in inventory a mod could cause the inventory to be reloaded, re-upping the ammo count(?)..or otherwise edit/override the inventory.

Hi Matt, quick question:

I have an object I need to hit with a sword, once hit, an explosion occurs, and I get transported to an xmarker heading.

My issue is the "OnHit" set stage alias script on the static object doesn't do anything, of course on hitting it, will set the stage

Any pointers?

OnHit doesn't work like it used to. Possibly, you could use extendmagiceffect script. OnEquip addspell/cast spell that has explosion. I use several magic effect scripts to cast additional spells on a hit in this way. In fact there is a vanilla script that has this all written out. Here's the script found in CK:

scriptName magicCastAnotherSpellScript extends ActiveMagicEffect
{Scripted magic effect for simulating Casting another spell so it can have different casting types.}

import utility
import Debug

;======================================================================================;
;  PROPERTIES  /
;=============/

Spell property CastSpellName auto
{The name of the new Spell we will cast.}

Bool Property AimAtTargets = false auto
{Do you want to aim at targets.}

;======================================================================================;
;  VARIABLES   /
;=============/

Actor CasterRef
Actor TargetRef

;   EVENTS     /
;=============/

Event OnEffectStart(Actor Target, Actor Caster)
	CasterRef = Caster
	TargetRef = Target
	if AimAtTargets == True
; 		Debug.Trace("Other Spell Target is: "+ TargetRef)
; 		Debug.Trace("and the Castor is: "+ CasterRef)
		wait(RandomFloat(0,0.8))
		CastSpellName.cast(Caster,TargetRef)
	else
		CastSpellName.cast(Caster,none)
	endif
EndEvent

Just a quick question. How do I make an introductory conversation that an npc will go through once when you meet them?

I swear I thought I knew, but I can't seem to replicate what I did.

You can make a global that normally == 0 and then check that in the introduction, and set it to 1 when done, with the other convos conditioned to == 1.

Or, if you're not using stages for something else in the quest, set a stage after first convo and use GetStageDone thatStage == 1.0 on all other convos and ==

0.0 on the first convo.

Hi Matt, quick question:

Any pointers?

OnHit doesn't work like it used to. Possibly, you could use extendmagiceffect script. OnEquip addspell/cast spell that has explosion. I use several magic effect scripts to cast additional spells on a hit in this way. In fact there is a vanilla script that has this all written out. Here's the script found in CK:

{Scripted magic effect for simulating Casting another spell so it can have different casting types.}

import utility
import Debug

;  PROPERTIES  /
;=============/

;  VARIABLES   /
;=============/

Actor CasterRef
Actor TargetRef

;   EVENTS     /
;=============/

CasterRef = Caster
	TargetRef = Target
	if AimAtTargets == True
		wait(RandomFloat(0,0.8))
	else
	endif
EndEvent

What do you mean "OnHit doesn't work like it used to?"

Hi Matt, quick question:

Any pointers?

import utility
import Debug

;  PROPERTIES  /
;=============/

;  VARIABLES   /
;=============/

Actor CasterRef
Actor TargetRef

;   EVENTS     /
;=============/

CasterRef = Caster
	TargetRef = Target
	if AimAtTargets == True
		wait(RandomFloat(0,0.8))
	else
	endif
EndEvent

What do you mean "OnHit doesn't work like it used to?"

It's always worked for me, at least with spells hitting the thing.