Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I'm trying to add "DLC2dunAcolyteMaskFireBoostEnchEffect" (the effect from Ahzidals mask) to a racial power I'm creating for a new race I'm making but it won't show up in the effect list for powers, is there a way to make it show up?

My guess is that is because it has a different delivery or casting type. You'll have to create a copy of the effect and set those to be the same as the power you are trying to create.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to add "DLC2dunAcolyteMaskFireBoostEnchEffect" (the effect from Ahzidals mask) to a racial power I'm creating for a new race I'm making but it won't show up in the effect list for powers, is there a way to make it show up?

My guess is that is because it has a different delivery or casting type. You'll have to create a copy of the effect and set those to be the same as the power you are trying to create.

You were right, it was a constant effect which doesn't show up on spells and powers. I changed it to a fire and forget and the effect shows up in game but unfortunately does nothing. I really don't know what I'm doing here in the first place though as I have no idea how most of these effects actually function. I think I might let this project go to someone with more know how, Thanks for your help though, I've learned some useful tricks here.

Question about using GetDistance in a perk entry, not a script. If I have the entry point set as "Calculate Weapon Damage" or similar calculation entries, how can I add a "GetDistance" condition to the target tab to make it so that the calculation applies to enemies within a certain distance of the player?

Here's a screenshot showing what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/ZHSHcMJ.png

I've tried messing around with the "Run on" field (setting to player sometimes, target others) and the reference selector that is labelled as [TARGET], but nothing I try seems to work. Also, distance of 20 was just for testing, I know that this is basically point blank and it's not what I want but it was easy to work with. I've used other distances and the only thing I can confirm is that I can either get it to always apply or never apply.

Basically I want to increase the chance to land a critical hit on targets within about 20 feet (IRL measure).

(Edit: I'm not trying to increase it by 100%, though, that's just a testing value. Also I do know that 20 in-game units do not approximate 20 real world feet, but for a while I was not sure...)

Edited by LittleRaskols

I guess it makes a certain amount of sense if "subject" means "the subject of this context." In the context of the target tab, target is the subject. What really does make it confusing, though, is the big default [TARGET] button for where you really want to refer to the player or perk holder.

(Maybe I am missing your sarcasm, in which case I will consider myself burned! But I still really appreciate your help anyway.)