Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Objects placed in the world in the CK are not removed.

And actually based on my reading any object still in use by an alias will not be deleted until the alias is cleared. I haven't tested this extensively, but for one of my mods I placed a crafted potion into an alias and was later able to create more copies of it, while all other attempts caused the game to crash. Even after the cell where the potion was placed was manually reset, the alias persisted.

Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I want to replace all instances of a certain type of actor with another type, what is the best way to do this?

More specifically, I want to significantly reduce the number of actors that can cast spells in the game.

Like I said in your original post:

Ctrl+F is a batch command that allows you to replace certain forms with another form. More information can be found here.

Like I said in your original post:

Ctrl+F is a batch command that allows you to replace certain forms with another form. More information can be found here.

That method is new to me, thanks for the link. Still not sure if it is replacing the actual form or where it is referenced or how to use the wild card replace, but I'll try experimenting with it for a bit.

Okay, here's another quick one:

How do I make a static version of a weapon (dagger/sword) that does not include the sheath?

Copy the mesh for the dagger, open the .nif, highlight the line that will cause white lines to go over the scabbard, right click, block, remove. Save. Use that mesh for the static.

Ok I am trying to add all warpaints to all human races for a mod I am working on in the creation kit. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks

See the warpaint forms and see if they're based on race. They might be ArmorAddons, I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to be stored in the Race data, but I might be wrong.

I'm feeling really stupid here but... How do you remove an additional face part? I have a scar I want to remove through the Character Gen tab and I can't remove it. I can see it under Additional Face Parts, but I can't DO anything to it.

I'm feeling really stupid here but... How do you remove an additional face part? I have a scar I want to remove through the Character Gen tab and I can't remove it. I can see it under Additional Face Parts, but I can't DO anything to it.

Have you tried clicking on it and pressing the Del key? That works for me.