Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

So I'm working on a custom spell. I've made the spell itself, a spell tome that teaches the spell, and added the spell tome to level list so it can be found as loot or bought... However, when I get in game and buy the spell tome, the message appears saying that I've learned the spell; but when I go to find it in my spellbook, it's not there.

Any ideas what could cause this, and how to fix it?

It is possible your spell is not configured properly. Perhaps "EquipType" (ETYP), or the Cast Type (part of SPIT).

Thanks for the tip... not sure if that was playing a part or not, but I fixed the issue I was having by editing the spell effects I was using to make sure they all had the same school associated with and made sure they were actually usable. I'll keep what you said in mind if I make any more spells.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm working on a custom spell. I've made the spell itself, a spell tome that teaches the spell, and added the spell tome to level list so it can be found as loot or bought... However, when I get in game and buy the spell tome, the message appears saying that I've learned the spell; but when I go to find it in my spellbook, it's not there.

Any ideas what could cause this, and how to fix it?

It is possible your spell is not configured properly. Perhaps "EquipType" (ETYP), or the Cast Type (part of SPIT).

Thanks for the tip... not sure if that was playing a part or not, but I fixed the issue I was having by editing the spell effects I was using to make sure they all had the same school associated with and made sure they were actually usable. I'll keep what you said in mind if I make any more spells.

Glad you found the issue yourself! Good luck!

has anyone ever was able to have the following:
sword on left hip
shield on back

animation for sheath and unsheathing sword from left hip and shield on back?

if yes then how?

i'm currently using dual sheath redux , xp32 maximum skeleton and immersive animations

no matter what i do i can't get this build to workout :/

the right hand animation is good as well as the left hand animation

and if i have a sword on my left hand instead of a shield the sword appears where it should be when unsheathing

problem is that whatever is in the left hand it doesn't appear on the upper-left back when sheathed

Edited by evilneo1

Hi everybody,

how can I make a "if" condition where the system check if the "akcaster" doesn't have a magic effect?

http://www.creationkit.com/HasMagicEffect_-_Actor

If akCaster.HasMagicEffect(yourMagicEffectProperty)
    Debug.Notification("We've got this magic effect! Cool!")
EndIf

Curious:

What is the proper way to have an alias filled on quest start with the player's current follower/animal?

And if the new quest adds additional AI behavior packages which should take priority over the default AI behavior, which direction should the quest priority go: lower in value or higher in value?

Hi everybody,

how can I make a "if" condition where the system check if the "akcaster" doesn't have a magic effect?

EndIf

perhaps I have not explained well this "if" is for the actor if it has the magic effect... I want the system do something if the actor doesn't have (yourMagicEffectProperty)...

Hi everybody,

EndIf

perhaps I have not explained well this "if" is for the actor if it has the magic effect... I want the system do something if the actor doesn't have (yourMagicEffectProperty)...

Yeah. If !(akCaster.HasMagicEffect(MGEFproperty)

It's pretty similar. You could also do If Else, or If == false, but the ! Should work fine.

Hi everybody,

EndIf

Yeah. If !(akCaster.HasMagicEffect(MGEFproperty)

It's pretty similar. You could also do If Else, or If == false, but the ! Should work fine.

wait wait.... I am not sure if I understand, to make an if negative all I have to do is put an ! after the "if"?

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I've never done dialog before. Its all new to me.

I have managed to get added player dialog choices to appear in follower dialog. The replies are short and unvoiced, basically just an acknowledgement of the player's request. When the follower replies, it is like watching a Japanese movie with English voice over. The actor's mouth keeps moving long after it should have finished.

How can I get the lips to stop moving long after they should have stopped? Can this also be a side-effect of using the Fus Ro Doh mod?

FYI - I'm re-visiting the Followers As Companions mod. I'm wanting to clean up the multiple follower version and I decided it was best to start fresh. I am building the mod on a clean MO profile, but testing the mod on a full modded profile where I have an animal follower, stock follower & 3DNPC follower.