Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I have a question. I created a custom interior cell and gave it a custom ambient sound. I converted the file properly, named it correctly, created a sound descriptor, set it to loop blah blah blah...

When I first enter a cell in my custom interior the sound plays fine, loops fine, and doesn't go wrong. When I reload a save made in that cell however, the sound doesn't play. If I leave that cell and enter another, then re-enter that cell, then the sound starts playing again. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

I asked before but didn't get a decent answer.

Have you try this?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would one go about making it so when you get a skill up it alters your magicka, health, or stamina values? Like, how would you make it so increasing your smithing would also increase your health and/or stamina?

Was thinking about changing the way you gain attribute points to encourage leveling of specific skills for different play-styles.

Is that something that can be done with Community Uncapper? Sounds like it but I'm not sure...

From what I understand from messing with, and reading the mod page description for, the Uncapper - I should be able to use the Uncapper to change the attribute (magicka/health/stamina) increase you get on level to be zero instead of the default ten. However, I don't see anything in the Uncapper that would allow me to make leveling a skill increase an attribute. That's the thing I'm wondering how to do...

Was thinking I would probably need a script that runs each time you get a skill gain, checking which skill went up to determine what attribute to increase. Not sure how exactly I would do that though.

Edit:

So, I was looking into how I might keep track of when the player increases a skill and how to get a script to fire each time that happens. From what I've found, it seems like I could probably accomplish this using the Story Manager to run a quest each time a skill increases, and have my script attached to that quest.

This brings more questions to mind though... Would I need to make multiple quests, each corresponding to a different skill? Or could I have the one quest run each time a skill gain happens, and just run a check to see which skill it was that went up? Is there an easy way to check which skill went up?

So, I do believe I've come up with a script that should give the player some health, magicka, and stamina each time they level up a skill; with different skills giving different attributes/more of specific attributes (i.e. magic skills give more magicka than warrior skills). I was just hoping someone could take a look and tell me if there's any reason it shouldn't work as it is right now. I have attached the script to a quest that is triggered by the Story Manager's Skill Increase Event, in-case you were wondering.

Here's the script I've got right now:

scriptName DarkxSkillUpScript extends Quest
Event OnStoryIncreaseSkill(string asSkill)
	DarkxTestFunction(asSkill)
EndEvent

Function DarkxTestFunction(string skillGained)
	if(skillGained == Illusion)
		Game.GetPlayer().ModActorValue("magicka", 2.0)
		Game.GetPlayer().ModActorValue("health", 0.5)
		Game.GetPlayer().ModActorValue("stamina", 0.1)
	elseIf(skillGained == Conjuration)
	elseIf(skillGained == Destruction)
	elseIf(skillGained == Restoration)
	elseIf(skillGained == Alteration)
	elseIf(skillGained == Enchanting)
	elseIf(skillGained == Smithing)
		Game.GetPlayer().ModActorValue("magicka", 0.1)
		Game.GetPlayer().ModActorValue("health", 2.0)
		Game.GetPlayer().ModActorValue("stamina", 0.5)
	elseIf(skillGained == HeavyArmor)
	elseIf(skillGained == Block)
	elseIf(skillGained == TwoHanded)
	elseIf(skillGained == OneHanded)
	elseIf(skillGained == Archery)
	elseIf(skillGained == LightArmor)
		Game.GetPlayer().ModActorValue("stamina", 2.0)
	elseIf(skillGained == Sneak)
		Game.GetPlayer().ModActorValue("stamina", 1.0)
	elseIf(skillGained == Lockpicking)
	elseIf(skillGained == Pickpocket)
	elseIf(skillGained == Speech)
	elseIf(skillGained == Alchemy)
	endIf
endFunction 

I'd also like to know if there is a better/more efficient way to accomplish this.

Edited by Darkxenoth

Hey guys!

I want to make it so that an NPC is non Pick-pocket-able but without having to make a whole new race for this one NPC. I had a browse in the CK and could not find any settings, so is there any scripts that would block the pick-pocketing, but still allow normal interaction and conversation with the NPC? Cheers

Does the heightmap change depending on whats on it? Say I place a house at the bottom of a mountain, with the back half inside the heightmap. Will the heightmap change just enough to accomodate it or will it remain as is and always eat half the house?

Hey guys!

I want to make it so that an NPC is non Pick-pocket-able but without having to make a whole new race for this one NPC. I had a browse in the CK and could not find any settings, so is there any scripts that would block the pick-pocketing, but still allow normal interaction and conversation with the NPC? Cheers

You should be able to use a script like this but that will still show you a Pickpocket prompt.

ScriptName NoPickPocketScript extends ObjectReference

Event OnInit()
    BlockActivation()
EndEvent

Event OnActivate(akActionRef)
    if !akActionRef.IsSneaking()
        Activate(akActionRef, true)
    endif
EndEvent

A better option would be to give the player a new perk which has conditions that prevent activating that particular NPC when the player is sneaking. Grab my No Furniture Activation When Sneaking mod if you want to see how to set up a perk that way.

Quick question ! I've started using branching dialog, but don't understand how to allow the player to return to the option they passed over. To make clear:

NPC Dialogue A ----> Player Response B OR Response C.

If I choose B, I want to be able to return to response C, or vice versa, before continuing to the next bit.

Thanks !

Hey guys!

You should be able to use a script like this but that will still show you a Pickpocket prompt.

ScriptName NoPickPocketScript extends ObjectReference

Event OnInit()
    BlockActivation()
EndEvent

Event OnActivate(akActionRef)
    if !akActionRef.IsSneaking()
        Activate(akActionRef, true)
    endif
EndEvent

A better option would be to give the player a new perk which has conditions that prevent activating that particular NPC when the player is sneaking. Grab my No Furniture Activation When Sneaking mod if you want to see how to set up a perk that way.

Hey thanks for the help!

I tried the script and it just would not compile, so i checked into your mod and to be honest I can not figure it out! I could find the perk and that was it, i couldn't figure out how you set up the scripts :sad: sorry about this, its way out of my comfort zone, the only scripts i can write are those for quests and nothing more! When adding the script directly to the npc do i need to set a property? any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Edited by Ryagard