Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Hey guys!

I want to make it so that an NPC is non Pick-pocket-able but without having to make a whole new race for this one NPC. I had a browse in the CK and could not find any settings, so is there any scripts that would block the pick-pocketing, but still allow normal interaction and conversation with the NPC? Cheers

You should be able to use a script like this but that will still show you a Pickpocket prompt.

ScriptName NoPickPocketScript extends ObjectReference

Event OnInit()
    BlockActivation()
EndEvent

Event OnActivate(akActionRef)
    if !akActionRef.IsSneaking()
        Activate(akActionRef, true)
    endif
EndEvent

A better option would be to give the player a new perk which has conditions that prevent activating that particular NPC when the player is sneaking. Grab my No Furniture Activation When Sneaking mod if you want to see how to set up a perk that way.

Hey thanks for the help!

I tried the script and it just would not compile, so i checked into your mod and to be honest I can not figure it out! I could find the perk and that was it, i couldn't figure out how you set up the scripts :sad: sorry about this, its way out of my comfort zone, the only scripts i can write are those for quests and nothing more! When adding the script directly to the npc do i need to set a property? any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Sorry for the script error, I didn't actually try to compile it. The line should be "Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)" and the following line needs to be "if !(akActionRef as Actor).IsSneaking()".

The point of the perk solution is that all of the real work is done without scripts. The only script in that mod is the one that gives the perk to the player and technically you could do that by putting the perk on an alias and filling the alias with the player.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!

I want to make it so that an NPC is non Pick-pocket-able but without having to make a whole new race for this one NPC. I had a browse in the CK and could not find any settings, so is there any scripts that would block the pick-pocketing, but still allow normal interaction and conversation with the NPC? Cheers

You should be able to use a script like this but that will still show you a Pickpocket prompt.

ScriptName NoPickPocketScript extends ObjectReference

Event OnInit()
    BlockActivation()
EndEvent

Event OnActivate(akActionRef)
    if !akActionRef.IsSneaking()
        Activate(akActionRef, true)
    endif
EndEvent

A better option would be to give the player a new perk which has conditions that prevent activating that particular NPC when the player is sneaking. Grab my No Furniture Activation When Sneaking mod if you want to see how to set up a perk that way.

Hey thanks for the help!

I tried the script and it just would not compile, so i checked into your mod and to be honest I can not figure it out! I could find the perk and that was it, i couldn't figure out how you set up the scripts :sad: sorry about this, its way out of my comfort zone, the only scripts i can write are those for quests and nothing more! When adding the script directly to the npc do i need to set a property? any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Sorry for the script error, I didn't actually try to compile it. The line should be "Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)" and the following line needs to be "if !(akActionRef as Actor).IsSneaking()".

The point of the perk solution is that all of the real work is done without scripts. The only script in that mod is the one that gives the perk to the player and technically you could do that by putting the perk on an alias and filling the alias with the player.

Thanks so much mate it works like a dream! Kudos to you :)

Is there anyway to make an eye type that makes the whole eye glow (yes, that means even the whites of the eyes)? Every mod I've looked at only changes the iris and pupil.

And if so, can you make eye types change when a condition is met? I want a follower to have their eyes start glowing white when in combat (You know, "White Eyes of Doom" style, like it's about to get real serious). That would have to be an effect, right? How do I do that?

I'm sorry for the crap-ton of questions, the most I've modded is extremely basic followers...

Is there anyway to make an eye type that makes the whole eye glow (yes, that means even the whites of the eyes)? Every mod I've looked at only changes the iris and pupil.

And if so, can you make eye types change when a condition is met? I want a follower to have their eyes start glowing white when in combat (You know, "White Eyes of Doom" style, like it's about to get real serious). That would have to be an effect, right? How do I do that?

I'm sorry for the crap-ton of questions, the most I've modded is extremely basic followers...

An easy way i can think of is that you create a custom spell, which does nothing more than put a glow around the NPCs eyes( maybe you could fiddle with candle light?), and then just put a simple script to activate the spell when they start combat :)

Example:

Scriptname Example extends Actor

SPELL Property GlowyEyes Auto

Event OnCombatStateChanged(Actor actorRef, int combatState)

if (combatState == 1) ; they are in combat

GlowyEyes.Cast(Self)

elseif (combatState == 0) ; they are no longer in combat

DispelSpell(GloweyEyes)

endif

EndEvent

How do I generate a LIP file for custom dialog ? I replaced the (blank) wav file with one I recorded (44,16,m) but the generate LIP button is greyed out. Suggestions ?

EDIT: looks like I answered my own question. I had to highlight the voicetype, click on 'generate from wav' and only then did the 'generate LIP' option become active.

Edited by csbx

An easy way i can think of is that you create a custom spell, which does nothing more than put a glow around the NPCs eyes( maybe you could fiddle with candle light?), and then just put a simple script to activate the spell when they start combat :smile:

Example:

Scriptname Example extends Actor

SPELL Property GlowyEyes Auto

Event OnCombatStateChanged(Actor actorRef, int combatState)

if (combatState == 1) ; they are in combat

GlowyEyes.Cast(Self)

elseif (combatState == 0) ; they are no longer in combat

DispelSpell(GloweyEyes)

endif

EndEvent

So I started doing that, but I'm trying to deploy it in the same way the Draugr eye glow effect is applied and I just plain don't understand. Using my highly limited prior knowledge (and Google searches), I have the spell and the magic effect created, but I honestly doubt I set it up correctly, given that inputting the script is confusing me a ton. I'm not sure how to get the effect to apply only to the eyes/just apply in general.

Again, I apologize for lacking major CK abilities...

Edited by Derps4Days

Then just make a custom eye.nif for your character, and give it a glow map. But this way they will always have glowing eyes.

Can't I just follow it the same way the Draugr eyes are set up and have that script for determining when to have them somewhere (I'm not sure if I put it in Quest or what)? You can have more than one script in a Quest... or maybe I'm thinking of Spells...? Probably both? :psyduck: Trying to sort it out last night kind of exploded my brain. Also it was past midnight.

Does anyone know if there's any way to disable having to pick an attribute/stat to increase when you level up? If you use something like this, then it can kind of get annoying having to pick an attribute each time you level up since attribute increases are taken care of behind the scenes (so to speak).