Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I opened "hudmenu.gfx"(after changing it to swf) using SWF Quicker. I would like to know where are the scripts that work with the GUI components, anyone knows? For instance, I've found the sneak crosshair in the swf, but didn't find the code that says "when user is crouching load sneak crosshair from hudmenu.gfx" or something like that. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to learn how to mod the GUI, I want to make a GUI icon, but I need to know where to put/find the scripts that interact with it. Thank you.

Edited by nexusMods3

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened "hudmenu.gfx"(after changing it to swf) using SWF Quicker. I would like to know where are the scripts that work with the GUI components, anyone knows? For instance, I've found the sneak crosshair in the swf, but didn't find the code that says "when user is crouching load sneak crosshair from hudmenu.gfx" or something like that. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to learn how to mod the GUI, I want to make a GUI icon, but I need to know where to put/find the scripts that interact with it. Thank you.

This has some stuff about custom menus, people like egocarib and schlangster (Enchanting Arsenal and SKSE, respectively) frequent those forums so you might find more help there.

Another quick question. I've been testing Seeking Knowledge, and I've squashed all the bugs except for two of them. The first one is when the Dragon alias for the Dragonborn entrance exam fails to enable. This is the script,

Alias_VoT01TrialDragon.GetReference().Enable()

and an almost identical one for another boss worked flawlessly. He has a custom ai package to sit on a Dragon Marker I've placed in a remote location, and that works fine too (tested on a copy of him). I'm stuck on this one.

The second bug is when Savos Aren's scene refuses to start, even after I called the scene reference in the Seeking Knowledge script, right here:

VoT01SavosArenTourScene.Start()

This one is particular because Tolfdir's scene later on starts properly if I use console commands to advance the quest. Any advice?

Edited by mlee3141

Just a quick one, I'm setting up a tavern by adding in a basement cell which rooms for the player and some of the tavern NPCs to sleep in. I've given the tavern owner the necessary script (RentRoom > selected the bed I want to rent in the basement cell, set the bed to be owned by the tavern owner, set the WI thing WI) but the dialogue to rent me the bed just does not appear.

She's all set up with a tavern faction, she'll sell me food and drink, but I just can't get the dialogue to appear to rent that bed. Am I missing something?

Here's a quick question... Why do I get an error saying Gold001 is undefined for a line reading?:

Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(Gold001, value, false)

Isn't Gold001 the editor ID for gold coins?

Edit: Nevermind... I totally forgot to add the MiscObject Property for gold to the script:

MiscObject Property Gold001 Auto