Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

1. Is there a "Quick and Easy" way of making it not rain/snow inside my shack? Please do not link to a video explaining, my poor toaster doesn't have the energy for that. ((I run a very bad modem on a very old computer, Youtube is too heavy, don't ask)).

2. Is there a "Quick and Easy" way to force the Creationkit to work with the DLC's? I've already added the line that allows multiple ESM's, it works fine up until it starts loading one of them, I believe it takes Dawnguard first, then it pops up 2 errors that are just click-passable... Then on the third error I click the same way, the CK stops working and ... Well... CTD's.

Edited by Tamardia

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Is there a "Quick and Easy" way of making it not rain/snow inside my shack? Please do not link to a video explaining, my poor toaster doesn't have the energy for that. ((I run a very bad modem on a very old computer, Youtube is too heavy, don't ask)).

2. Is there a "Quick and Easy" way to force the Creationkit to work with the DLC's? I've already added the line that allows multiple ESM's, it works fine up until it starts loading one of them, I believe it takes Dawnguard first, then it pops up 2 errors that are just click-passable... Then on the third error I click the same way, the CK stops working and ... Well... CTD's.

You need to add a line to the INI about the DLC .bsas as well.

There's no need to repack the scripts. Just make sure they are in the appropriate folder (data/scripts and data/scripts/source) and you will be able to view them using the script manager, located under the game menu in the CK.

But won't they conflict with scripts in bsa? And if I overwrite genericracecontroller will it mess up things? I wanted to know about packing just in case I was ever to upload my file to nexus. :smile:

Edit: @Tamardia

I have my ini set up this way and it works:

1. in [General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

2. In [Archive]

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa , HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

Edited by sadampl

But won't they conflict with scripts in bsa? And if I overwrite genericracecontroller will it mess up things? I wanted to know about packing just in case I was ever to upload my file to nexus. :smile:

Loose files will overwrite files in a bsa. I can't tell you if it will mess things up because genericracecontroller is a script from the mod you are editing, and I don't know what it does or what changes you are making.

If you upload your file to the Nexus, it is indeed best practice to put everything into a bsa. There is a bsa packer built into the Creation Kit as well as a standalone program in the Skyrim folder.

I do not plan to change it, windows prompted me about overwritting so I aborted operation to ask questions. I have Racecompability installed and I'm revamping custom race (The Uchiha Clan to be exact) so it fits better into my idea of immersion and attempts to merge Skyrim lore with Naruto lore. It may seem stupid at first but I gave it a lot of thought and is actually possible to make it believeable. :)

All I want to change in scripts are what spells are distributed according to PC progress and chosen path.

Thank you! I managed to fix the DLC issue. Now for the next issue.

I want to create a 1 or possible 2 cell worldspace. I create my worldspace fine, everything goes according to plan... Until I enter my first cell in my worldspace. At that time, the CK automatically creates up to 2,2 in cells, making my worldspace 5 x 5 cells. I have set my uGridsToLoad in the CK on 1, but it resets every time.

How do I prevent the CK from automatically creating more cells? And in extention, how do I make the CK always load 1 cell and 1 cell only, without loading the ones around it?

EDIT: I gave up and made an interior cave instead, which also solves the issue with rain in my shack.

Edited by Tamardia

So, I am creating ability that adds magicka on certain levels via multiple magic effects with condition:

GetLevel>=x, run on player, where x is required level (I believe so at least)

Will they stack up or next one after reaching required level will overwrite previous one?

So, I am creating ability that adds magicka on certain levels via multiple magic effects with condition:

Will they stack up or next one after reaching required level will overwrite previous one?

They would stack. If you do not want then effect then use == instead of >=.

Thanks, by the way, when is level checked by system when I'm using this condition?

Thanks, by the way, when is level checked by system when I'm using this condition?

Always. But in a very efficient and performance-friendly manner, unlike polling.