Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I want my Lesser Power to play 3 words of power(the sounds), how can I do this?

Use:

Sound.Play(ObjectReference akSource)

Create a sound property and find the proper sound. Use MyProp.Play(SourceOfSoundHere).

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks, i used the mod recruit more blades ,so you have the opportunity lie to delhine (Paarthurnax is dead)

but he is alive. But the greybeards think he is dead and Arngeir blame me, maybe i can fix this?

I highly recommend using the Paarthurnax Dilemma instead for this. Ivs never tried that mod so I can't attest to how it was made or how it may be fixed.

I have a weird issue with formlists.

What I want:

When the player places an item into a container, the item's base form is added to a formlist.

When the player clicks a button, however many of that form are on the player get moved to the container.

What I have:

When the player places an item into a container, the item's base form is added to a formlist. (Confirmed using console.)

When the player clicks a button, however many of that form are on the player get moved to the container, UNLESS that form is dynamically created (e.g. a crafted potion).

The weirdness:

The exact same method has worked just fine for me before, but doesn't anymore for some reason.

In my previous mod I had found that using "PlayerREF.RemoveItem(Formlist, 999, true, DestinationContainer)" ignored dynamically created forms, so I resorted to walking the formlist which worked just fine. In my current mod, BOTH methods ignore dynamic forms.

Does anybody have any insight?

That is weird because the behavior I have seen before is that the dynamically created items (i.e. crafted potions) do transfer as part of a formlist. However, I haven't even played the game recently so I can't confirm or deny even with my own mods.

I have a weird issue with formlists.

What I want:

When the player places an item into a container, the item's base form is added to a formlist.

When the player clicks a button, however many of that form are on the player get moved to the container.

What I have:

When the player places an item into a container, the item's base form is added to a formlist. (Confirmed using console.)

When the player clicks a button, however many of that form are on the player get moved to the container, UNLESS that form is dynamically created (e.g. a crafted potion).

The weirdness:

The exact same method has worked just fine for me before, but doesn't anymore for some reason.

In my previous mod I had found that using "PlayerREF.RemoveItem(Formlist, 999, true, DestinationContainer)" ignored dynamically created forms, so I resorted to walking the formlist which worked just fine. In my current mod, BOTH methods ignore dynamic forms.

Does anybody have any insight?

That is weird because the behavior I have seen before is that the dynamically created items (i.e. crafted potions) do transfer as part of a formlist. However, I haven't even played the game recently so I can't confirm or deny even with my own mods.

Dammit you were the one I most expected to have an answer.

I did manage to get the iterative version to work. The problem there turned out to be a typo, which is why it always useful to paste your actual script when asking for help. However since it's so much faster to remove the formlist I would love it if somebody knew how to make them work with dynamic items.

What's a script to teleport a player when they loot an item, only needs to be a one way, one time teleport

Add a script to a Player Alias (empty start game enabled quest, add a reference alias > Specific Reference > cell (any) reference PlayerREF) like so:

Scriptname PutYourScriptnameHere Extends ReferenceAlias

ItemType Property LootedItem Auto;replace ItemType with Weapon/Armor/Book/MiscObject/Ingredient depending on what item you want to be the LootedItem to teleport

ObjectReference Property Marker Auto;point to a marker where you want PC to teleport to

Event OnInit()

AddInventoryEventFilter(LootedItem)

EndEvent

Event OnItemAdded(Form akBaseItem, int aiItemCount, ObjectReference akItemReference, ObjectReference akSourceContainer)

Self.GetActorReference().MoveTo(Marker)
     GoToState("Empty")

EndEvent

State Empty

Event OnInit()

EndEvent

Event OnItemAdded(Form akBaseItem, int aiItemCount, ObjectReference akItemReference, ObjectReference akSourceContainer)

EndEvent

EndState

I did manage to get the iterative version to work. The problem there turned out to be a typo, which is why it always useful to paste your actual script when asking for help. However since it's so much faster to remove the formlist I would love it if somebody knew how to make them work with dynamic items.

The only thing that I can think of that might be a problem is that Papyrus can have problems with any forms with load order ids between 80 and FF. That includes the crafted potions. Did you do any sort of "processing" on that id before adding it to the form list? Are you absolutely sure it's the right id? If you've passed it through GetForm it won't be right.

The only thing that I can think of that might be a problem is that Papyrus can have problems with any forms with load order ids between 80 and FF. That includes the crafted potions. Did you do any sort of "processing" on that id before adding it to the form list? Are you absolutely sure it's the right id? If you've passed it through GetForm it won't be right.

I don't understand what you mean by "processing" nor "pass[ing] it through GetForm." All I did was add the form id to a formlist.

I am sure it is the right form id because as I said the iterative version of the script works fine and the console function "isinlist" returns 1 for those potions. It's just kinda slow.

In what sense does Papyrus have difficulty with high numbered forms? I have well more than 80 mods and I've never noticed any odd behavior from Papyrus.

Edited by lofgren