Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

First off thanks for the last awnser about the markers. Now i have build quite a bit of my house and generally it's almost completely done except for some furniture and clutter. Now i want to share it with a mate of mine (and maybe nexus if i feel it's good enough which it frankly isn't atm). So i wanted to clean up the mod. Now when loading it in the creation kit you can go on details which i did and cleaned out what i geussed was files i touched (like houses and cities) and removed the cells. (also removed my mannequins for some strange reason ... most likely clicked the wrong file -.-).

Now this worked quite well in creation the little * is gone at all these locations. The only thing bugging me now is a shitload of groups that i somehow can't get rid off. I have a group presistant childeren, but when i mark it for deletion nothing really changes ? Is it even important that i remove these or can i simply let them be ? And if they need to be removed how to go about this ?

Edit: another question would be how to make allot of stuff static without copy pasting every item manually ? Isn't there some sort of shortcut or a way to do a mass static conversion ?

Edited by Rawrzory

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to change your player's hair color using a FORMLIST and FORM PROPERTY.

- Retrieve the index of your formlist like this: Index=YOURFORMLISTNAME.GetSize()

- Memorize the position of the color you want to change to in your formlist.

- Use a FORM PROPERTY to memorize the exact one you need Grey = YOURFORMLISTNAME.GetAt(2) as ColorForm just like this.

- Then use this line to change your visuals: PlayerRef.GetActorBase().SetHairColor(Grey).

- Then after all that, update game visuals: Game.UpdateHairColor()

Edited by Kerberus14

First off thanks for the last awnser about the markers. Now i have build quite a bit of my house and generally it's almost completely done except for some furniture and clutter. Now i want to share it with a mate of mine (and maybe nexus if i feel it's good enough which it frankly isn't atm). So i wanted to clean up the mod. Now when loading it in the creation kit you can go on details which i did and cleaned out what i geussed was files i touched (like houses and cities) and removed the cells. (also removed my mannequins for some strange reason ... most likely clicked the wrong file -.-).

Now this worked quite well in creation the little * is gone at all these locations. The only thing bugging me now is a shitload of groups that i somehow can't get rid off. I have a group presistant childeren, but when i mark it for deletion nothing really changes ? Is it even important that i remove these or can i simply let them be ? And if they need to be removed how to go about this ?

Edit: another question would be how to make allot of stuff static without copy pasting every item manually ? Isn't there some sort of shortcut or a way to do a mass static conversion ?

I believe you're talking about cleaning your mod (using TES5Edit):

Does anyone know how to edit an item that is in your inventory? I have a mod that changes the color of glass weapons and i tried to copy, edit and place it in the world, but when i picked it up it was the vanilla color.

You cannot edit items in your inventory. When they enter your inventory, they cease to exist as objects* and change to values that are referenced by the game. You cannot edit these values.

Unless they are persistent*

But can't you check your inventory for the items, then add them to a FormList, then edit the item that they reference? Indirectly modifying them.

I'm not sure. If the item is persistent you CAN modify it directly (I believe).

You can edit forms that are in your inventory, which I believe is what jdawg7774 is talking about, since the data for the glass sword's appearance would be form data not object reference data.

I think he is talking about editing the image that appears above the inventory card in when you highlight a glass sword, as opposed to the model that appears on your character.

I want to add a http://www.creationkit.com/Sleep_(Procedure) to the player, I want the player to go to sleep whenever he is near a bed and a globalvariable is below a certain value, the person who controls the character(the player) will have his controls disabled until 8 hours of ingametime have passed.

Then during that time I want the timescale to advance quickly until 8 hours have passed. I know how to do the timescale and disable controls part, but I don't know how to do the sleep procedure.

Edited by Kerberus14