Stop being greedy!

Terramaris

For some reason when I tell my follower to show me his inventory he says his line of dialouge and then thats its, message ends but no inventory screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

[Load Order]

Oblivion.esm

HorseCombatMaster.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

Bab.esm

Better Cities Resources.esm

Kvatch Rebuilt.esm

CM Partners.esm

Cobl Main.esm

cidnothump.esp

PersuasionOverhaul.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

za_bankmod.esp

RealCombat1_1.esp

Crowded Cities 15.esp

Dwemer_Rename.esp

M.O.E. - Fatigue Loss from Running.esp

Adventures Gear.esp

actors_in_charge.esp

CurseOfHircine.esp

Poison Arrows.esp

Elder Council Plugin 1.1.esp

Bag of Holding.esp

Cliff_RankDependantArenaSpectators.esp

Denock Arrows.esp

SIMushroomHouse.esp

M.O.E. - The Black Sacrament - Night Mother's Ritual.esp

ActorsInMadness.esp

All armor and SE armor playable.esp

Roleplaying Dialogues.esp

Elves Of Lineage II.esp

Xia_SilkDragonImportsV1_for_BAB.esp

Addendum - Property Tax.esp

Madgod Powers.esp

Cliff_Roleplayingcharacter.esp

Better Sheogorath.esp

BXX Tamriel Resource Exchange.esp

2nd to 1st person.esp

Is It Safe.esp

PersuasionOverhaul_OOO.esp

DeadlyReflex - Timed Block + Very High Damage.esp

walklikesheo.esp

SM Combat Hide.esp

Mounted_Spellcasting Deadly Reflex Compatible.esp

StopDarkBrotherhood.esp

DeadlyReflex - Combat Moves.esp

Adonnays Classical Weaponry.esp

CM Partners 20 Pack.esp

Cm Partners 4 pack.esp

tkRapiers.esp

NollesMadnessPortalT2.esp

idkrrr_sarams_race.esp

idkrrr_sarameyesNhairs4originalrace.esp

samurai.esp

darker nights for shivering isles.esp

FasterHorses.esp

SetEssentialActors.esp

Crowded Roads Revisited.esp

Atmospheric Loading Screens - Random Quotes.esp

crfo.esp

AsharasCMPartners.esp

M.O.E. - Main Quest Delayer.esp

Bab.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Vegetation_200%_by_Max_Tael.esp

Ayeild Mansion.esp

Reaper's Arcane University.esp

Auras.esp

P1DlookHereYou.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul Vwalk.esp

Sheogorath Can Go To Jail.esp

300_Lore_Dialogue_Updated.esp

MRMHMR.esp

Duke Patricks - Bottle Shoot Archery Practice.esp

Oblivifall - Let's Talk!.esp

Duke Patricks - Fresh Kills Now Alert The NPCs.esp

Blissful_DreamsCOBL.esp

MidasSpells.esp

AkaviriSamuraiShop.esp

Stars_elves.esp

CM Fireflys Combined Companions.esp

SkycaptainsBloodTime.esp

Brighter_Torches.esp

Natural_Weather_HDR_with_darker_Nights_by_Max_Tael.esp

Better Cities ANVIL.esp

Better Cities BRAVIL.esp

Better Cities BRUMA.esp

Better Cities CHEYDINHAL.esp

Better Cities CHORROL.esp

Better Cities LEYAWIIN.esp

Better Cities SKINGRAD.esp

Better Cities - No LEYAWIIN Flooding.esp

Better Cities .esp

xulBravilBarrowfields Vwalk.esp

xulBrenaRiverRavine Vwalk.esp

xulChorrolHinterland Vwalk.esp

Oblivion_SI Vwalk Full.esp

xulImperialIsle Vwalk.esp

xulRollingHills_EV Vwalk.esp

xulAncientRedwoods.esp

xulAncientYews.esp

xulArriusCreek.esp

xulBravilBarrowfields.esp

xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp

xulChorrolHinterland.esp

xulCloudtopMountains.esp

xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp

XulEntiusGorge.esp

xulFallenleafEverglade.esp

xulImperialIsle.esp

xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp

xulLushWoodlands.esp

xulPantherRiver.esp

xulRiverEthe.esp

xulStendarrValley.esp

xuldarkforest.esp

xulTheHeath.esp

xulRollingHills_EV.esp

xulPatch_AY_AC.esp

Kyoma's Journal Mod.esp

CM Partners.esp

CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp

CM Partners More NPCs NE.esp

CM Partners NPC NE.esp

Cobl Glue.esp

Cobl Si.esp

Cobl Tweaks.esp

OOO 1.32-Cobl.esp

LeatherHunterArmour.esp

BABCorset Dresses.esp

shiveringislesdoorusable.esp

ElaborateEyes.esp

Faster Skills x2.esp

[/Load Order]

Better Oblivion Sorting Software (BOSS). It's very useful, but it's not really a one-click fix for your load order. You still have to read its comments on some files and make adjustments as necessary, and other unknown mods will be left at the end, so you have to manually fix them yourself. But by all means, you should use it. I think everybody that has more than 30 mods including official plugins should use BOSS anyway, just to keep everything running as smoothly as possible.

Your bug with CM Partners happens often (only to some people? It certainly happened to me), even with the right load order of loading it near the end as BOSS recommends. Actually it's not just inventory that's bugged when it starts being bugged. You'll find that most commands are broken as well, such as using hoods or torches. In addition, it's possible to get a CTD if you switch maps or fast travel while the bug is happening.

It's actually for this reason that I stopped using CM Partners.

I'm not sure what exactly causes it, but it seems to happen more often when you have more than one CM Partner following you. It can still happen even if you have only one CM Partner. All I know is that sometimes the bug fixes itself. You'll know it's fixed because the inventory screen will suddenly show up, even if you're doing something else already. It seems to happen even if the CM Partner isn't following you anymore such as if they're dead/unconscious. I read somewhere before that it may be caused by one script or some other process hogging all the processing power, but nobody has given enough verification or even a solution so I won't say that as a fact. It just seems apparent that something is holding or blocking the Partners Script from working, therefore your commands are buffered and will kick in at an appropriate time, sometimes when you take them through a loading door, though like I said, it's possible you'll just get a CTD.

I've also found that clean saving then reinstalling CM Partners main mod and the particular CM Partner mod (like CM Annabelle) you were using does not fix it! It'll simply reset the CM Partner you were with back to wherever its starting point is supposed to be, and the bug will happen again just like it did before.

I hope somebody could be more helpful than I can. All I posted was my observations, since I've been using CM Partners for years and I've always loved its features, I just hate this recurring bug that happens to me even with Wrye Bash's help and all kinds of optimizations.

Better Oblivion Sorting Software (BOSS). It's very useful, but it's not really a one-click fix for your load order. You still have to read its comments on some files and make adjustments as necessary, and other unknown mods will be left at the end, so you have to manually fix them yourself. But by all means, you should use it. I think everybody that has more than 30 mods including official plugins should use BOSS anyway, just to keep everything running as smoothly as possible.

Your bug with CM Partners happens often (only to some people? It certainly happened to me), even with the right load order of loading it near the end as BOSS recommends. Actually it's not just inventory that's bugged when it starts being bugged. You'll find that most commands are broken as well, such as using hoods or torches. In addition, it's possible to get a CTD if you switch maps or fast travel while the bug is happening.

It's actually for this reason that I stopped using CM Partners.

I'm not sure what exactly causes it, but it seems to happen more often when you have more than one CM Partner following you. It can still happen even if you have only one CM Partner. All I know is that sometimes the bug fixes itself. You'll know it's fixed because the inventory screen will suddenly show up, even if you're doing something else already. It seems to happen even if the CM Partner isn't following you anymore such as if they're dead/unconscious. I read somewhere before that it may be caused by one script or some other process hogging all the processing power, but nobody has given enough verification or even a solution so I won't say that as a fact. It just seems apparent that something is holding or blocking the Partners Script from working, therefore your commands are buffered and will kick in at an appropriate time, sometimes when you take them through a loading door, though like I said, it's possible you'll just get a CTD.

I've also found that clean saving then reinstalling CM Partners main mod and the particular CM Partner mod (like CM Annabelle) you were using does not fix it! It'll simply reset the CM Partner you were with back to wherever its starting point is supposed to be, and the bug will happen again just like it did before.

I hope somebody could be more helpful than I can. All I posted was my observations, since I've been using CM Partners for years and I've always loved its features, I just hate this recurring bug that happens to me even with Wrye Bash's help and all kinds of optimizations.

I guess I will switch to CSR then. Thank you for the help :) .

CSR has its bugs too (including the AI going haywire in certain situations, such as looting chests/corpses and even in combat sometimes), but it's generally more stable. I haven't gotten a CSR-based CTD yet so far. My only real problem with it is that it's far less controlled compared to CM Partners. This is also probably why the AI goes haywire quite often. You also can't command your companions for some valuable commands, like using torches for example, which would've been really useful in dark, dangerous dungeons where you need to use a strong 2h weapon or a protective shield.

But all in all, it's all about what you need more: function or stability?

I still hope somebody would figure out how to get rid of the bugs for both mods, as they're both great and can actually be used together (as long as it's different NPCs).

Maybe there's a mod with partner that doesn't have attached proper script. It happened to me while I was making My Partner Mod. Find the mod that adds this partner, open it in CS, and see if it has script attached.

If it doesn't work, try deactivating mod. :confused:

Well if the script isn't attached, in the case of CM Partners, then you can't even recruit them, and therefore can't give them orders like making them sleep.

In the case of CSR, you don't actually make partner NPCs. Any NPC that has Rumors can become a partner, and it doesn't actually attach a script to that NPC either. It seems to work by giving them packages, which is completely different. So if your NPC is scripted and you somehow get it to be a partner, the NPC's script will still take effect. For example, Captain Renault is scripted to die in the first battle you ever see, and if you can somehow turn her into a partner (by changing stuff in the CS), she'll still die anyway, unless you remove that part of her script (or her script entirely).

Well if the script isn't attached, in the case of CM Partners, then you can't even recruit them, and therefore can't give them orders like making them sleep.

In the case of CSR, you don't actually make partner NPCs. Any NPC that has Rumors can become a partner, and it doesn't actually attach a script to that NPC either. It seems to work by giving them packages, which is completely different. So if your NPC is scripted and you somehow get it to be a partner, the NPC's script will still take effect. For example, Captain Renault is scripted to die in the first battle you ever see, and if you can somehow turn her into a partner (by changing stuff in the CS), she'll still die anyway, unless you remove that part of her script (or her script entirely).

When I forgot to attach script to one of my partners, I could recruit her somehow, but -inventory command didn't work. I guess AI packages made be able to even command it.

Also, I saw one more error in you load order. Put CM Partners .esps* BEFORE any other mod which add partner/s based on CM Partners. That might be the problem, but I hope that BOSS will handle it.