From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

I Edited this at 12:22 PM MST. During Sunday May 3, 2020

The feeling of being down under, after playing all sorts of games with other children for awhile, day after day. Each day, a new game and a new way to play and then... A NEW new game; The Last Poster Wins, to play.

The last poster wins is only a new game to some of us.

In a place on the a website I can visit using a personal computer or mobile phone, I can type letters that appear on a thing called a computer monitor and see them there. I can write letters to people far away and right next door without a pen, pencil, crayon, marksolot, or a piece of chock or charcoal.

The first one to post on the place called a thread on the world wide web was one of the first people to communicate using a forum ( to write letters to another person that way called communicating.).

Each time a person writes letters to post at the thread on a forum in a website the post is put in a position so that it is either at the top of the list of posts, or at the bottom of the list of posts.

Some think it is best to have the post shown with the last post by someone who posted letters after another underneath. So it is below a post from the person who posted before them. Other people think it is better to have the last post appear above the last posted letters by another person so they are above the last post of letters to another person.

Either way we can see what someone else typed in letters to another who knows letters to us and them. The computer/mobile phones shows the letters were posted.

A way to play, in the schools of thought, where people who think and know letters are able to type what they think in the form of letters making them into words making the words into sentences there and can post them.

I am sill playing around among the thoughtful image minded picture visionaries who are able to turn pictures into words describing pictures in our minds eye. Pictures we have place somewhere in our mind, a mind library, in an aisle within book or a filed, in a folder with a tab that says it is in the folder inside each of us listed as our "Imagination".

We each have our own "Mind Library" where we can store all we see and decide to remember from what we learn.

We can write letters to make words, putting the words into sentences, sentences into paragraphs, and paragraphs into chapters. That is still a good way to pass time.

Some play at a website in a forum where the thread is that they post letters to. Calling itself a game thread. (Someone named it a thread)

A game thread at a website in a forum we can play is like a playground we used to play at when we were in school. The only difference being, the playground in a forum is called a web, with a thread we can start and people who want to play there can post to it letters into words into sentences into paragraphs and put the imagination we have into posts playing all DAY LONG!

It is better than not playing at all!

A thread game posted by another gamer I play is called, "The Last Poster Wins".

No matter how you have the post set up, in the thread, (no matter if they are ascending or descending) the posts are always on top of one another in the visible page on the thread.

Piled up on each other.

At least there are not a bunch of children piled on top of me after one child points at one of the other children and shouted.

DOG PILE!

Yup, believe it or not! It was a game we played in the midwest.

And no child among us was spared.

I wasn't going to edit this ... but then I figured, why not.

You never fail to lead me into the most excellent "waybacks" Paga.

Yes I know this isn't about what you intended to bring to mind (and that in itself is no failure on your part ... I consider it as an "added benefit"), but none the less this is what you brought to mind for me today!

Edited by Striker879

I looked in my collection of old black licorice looking flat plates ( we called them "records" that turned around at 33 & 1/3 rpms, with little groves that go around in a spiral until they get to the innermost place, right next to the label where the spiral stops) I believe that, You can have a movement while listening to the entire album. You could eat a complete thanksgiving dinner and have seconds, and maybe even have two movements, one after the main course of turkey with stuffing; and all the side dishes, and second movement after a couple of slices of pumpkin pie topped with slippery gooey white frothy whipped cream before you flipped the record over to side two.

Pointing at other people and saying what you think of them can be harmful, to our mental health. Sure doesn't seem to me to be good when I realize I'm pointing three fingers at myself when I point the index finger at someone else and shout angrily at them.

The next time you feel like pointing that pointer finger at someone and want to feel better about yourself, remember to say something you would like to hear someone else to say about you, so those three fingers pointing back at you will all point at the person you can be, if you want to be today.

Almost always when I have written stories it's been to get out of the heap of injured feelings so I can start playing again. What better way is there to heal up, get out of the hospital, go home, heal the rest of the family, and then GET OUT THERE AND PLAY BALL, again?

• 3 weeks later...

I nodded off at around nine pm at night. I was thinking about something that used to aggravate me, started yawning, and fell asleep.

Clearly I have been relieved of an issue that used to cause me to be alert at times. Did not even feel the need to play a video game. Oh, My!

I nodded off at around nine pm at night. I was thinking about something that used to aggravate me, started yawning, and fell asleep.

Clearly I have been relieved of an issue that used to cause me to be alert at times. Did not even feel the need to play a video game. Oh, My!

To mariners it's called a sea change ... another way to look at it is:

That Mariners info on Wiki-pedia makes it sound like a major anthropological shift. A time when it was one way, and when, they returned from the sea and found everyone at home on land had a sea change.

Creedence Clearwater Revival was a good change from ZZTop! who while I was a student at EWSC now EWU... Ew!

ZZTop made their first stage appearance in Spokane and opened the show for CCR at the coliseum in Spokane Wa. Eastern Washington State College had the latest Brand new recording studio where they got their songs recorded on a 16 track reel to real recording machine attached to a twelve foot long mixer table which took three technicians to operate. The sound adjustable walled studio could hold a 50 piece orchestra.

That Mariners info on Wiki-pedia makes it sound like a major anthropological shift. A time when it was one way, and when, they returned from the sea and found everyone at home on land had a sea change.

Creedence Clearwater Revival was a good change from ZZTop! who while I was a student at EWSC now EWU... Ew!

ZZTop made their first stage appearance in Spokane and opened the show for CCR at the coliseum in Spokane Wa. Eastern Washington State College had the latest Brand new recording studio where they got their songs recorded on a 16 track reel to real recording machine attached to a twelve foot long mixer table which took three technicians to operate. The sound adjustable walled studio could hold a 50 piece orchestra.

Ah ... ZZ ... right up there near the top for me too. It's not unusual for the chorus to go through my head when getting ready to head out for something that calls for more than the usual jeans and a Tshirt.

I don't how you do it Paga, but you have this ability to strum chords in my head that resonate in the most delicious ways. Perhaps it was the harmonic set up by the references to your EWU days that got me onto ...

Last year of high school I was a rather trippy kinda' guy. Nucleus (which later became Foot in Coldwater) played at the last high school dance I attended ... I was completely blown away (which wasn't a very long distance from the point I was at during the event ... I'd had plenty of "help" that evening). Paul Naumann on guitar had this way of standing completely still facing to the left or right of the audience during solos, and the sound ... well the sound electrified my synapses in ways that even those around me could tell was way beyond the borders of King City.

All came washing back over me while watching the Kenny Rogers show version of the song (you can see it on the screen briefly in the Sound Academy clip). Once again thank you Paga, you are a master.

- Edit - Mistake on my part ... back when I saw Nucleus it was John Richardson on guitar.

Edited by Striker879