Spontaneus Human Combustion

The_Reaper

"On 9 October 1980, Jeanna Winchester, a naval airwoman, burst into flames while sitting in a car next to Leslie Scott, a friend. They were driving along Seaboard Avenue in Jacksonville, Florida, when flames suddenly appeared around Winchester who screamed "Get me out of here!" Scott tried to beat out the flames with her hands, and the car ran into a telephone pole.

Miss Winchester was taken to hospital and survived the experience, although 20 percent of her body was covered by burns, comprising her right shoulder and arm, neck, side and back.

Police patrolman T.G. Hendrix who investigated said he found no spilled petrol or other accelerant in the car. "The white leather she was sitting on was a little browned and the door panel had a little black on it. Otherwise there was no fire damage."

Miss Winchester told the local newspaper that she couldn't remember anything between riding uneventfully in the car and waking up in hospital. 'At first I thought there had to be a logical explanation,' she said, 'but I couldn't find any. I wasn't smoking anything. The window was up, so somebody couldn't have thrown anything in. The car didn't burn. I finally thought about spontaneous human combustion when I couldn't find anything else."

ive heard of this, read a story about a woman who was dancing at a ball with her husband.

She suddenly burst into flames and collapsed on her husband, burning furiously until dead. her husbands clothes were burnes, but he was OK.

There was also an old woman who went on fire whilst in hospital, for no reason, just sitting talking than was a flaming inferno, weird eh.

there have been many happenings (very small percentage but maybe a hundred or more) recored SHU cases. the body burns but everything around is ok, the weird thing it that often bones are also burned to a dust (when people are cremated the bones are crushed becouse it takes a whole lot of heat to go thru bones). there is never any fuel, nor a place that a spark or a flame could have come from, nothing.

sceptics have allot of explenations but none do the job right.

delicate lab studies show that if you wrap a pig carcase in a jaket and throw gasolene all over it it will burn away completely (do notice the irony in the 'delicate'). ofcourse this requires both fuel and ignition and therefore is also almost usless exept to say that there is more than one way to prepare your food.

as for my explenation? i dont really know, i supose if you concentrate high end electromagnetic waves (sciency way of saying mircowaves/xrays/gamarays) at a living organism it would burst into flame after all the fluids started boiling and the eyes exploded. if you had a very concentrated beam you might get the fat to burn without getting the blood to boil, but it would mean very high tech stuff. unless someone pulled a microwave insideout and has a very long extention cord or something....

if you are looking for some very weird and rare radiation i could point you in the right direction: neutrinos, not neutron that inhabit atoms but very allot tinyer particles that go thru almost anything and dont affect anything on their way. how do we know they exist? scientists build a giant water tank (giant is too small a word for it, lets just say it was a monstrously large tank of water) and somehow knew when the neurtinos (that go thru 99.99999999999999999999% of matter acording to my estimate) hit the water molecules. i dont know what they do in the rare event that they hit something but it might do something. maybe like burn a body or somthing, ofcourse then allot of stuff would also get hit and not only people but its just a bit of information

Neutrinos are presumed to be without mass, and every second lots of them are meant to pass through you. And they go straight through without causing any damage. Perhaps the odd one might be able to damage a single molecule, but that's about it.

I read somewhere that in cases of spontaneous human combustion a person's clothing acts like the wick on a candle, and the human body provides the fuel. That's why although the body is completely burnt the surroundings remain almost unscathed.

I also read that in most cases of spontaneous combustion there was some source of energy nearby which ignited the process.

But that's all I can recall - I'd have to hunt down the book for information...if I even still have the book

I've heard about this before but never seen any documents on it.. Those are some pretty strange stories. I'm sure theres always a possibility something that extreme can happen, but it must be really unlikey.

Since this kind of thing has only started happening recently, maybe it suggests that its a byproduct of pollution or radiation, or something of the sort. :huh: I don't really know much about it, however.

Archived