Moon base mod

Metrokiller555

Alright, so we have tons of ideas on how the Courier gets there. But what about ideas of how the story goes while your on the Moon. What would be the main conflict? Are their any main villains or is it just all the lunar factions have their goods and bads. We need to get some good story arcs going to add on to what we already have, just to give as much help to whoever picks this concept up and puts it into gear.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the story should happen in stages like a multistage rocket. First Stage: Find a way to get to the Moon. Second Stage: Find a safe haven and meet the local inhabitance. Third Stage: Gain the trust of the local inhabitance by doing small favors or being a generally helpful individual.

Or something along those lines, it would probably be best to keep the story as simple as possible for the first stage if we could ever agree how we are going to get up there in the first place. Lol

Haha. Oh..hey. Or maybe it could be kind of like a conversion mod. You have to start a brand new character but this one already lives on the moon. And he/she goes through the story like that. The player would at some point meet explorers from earth, either helping or fighting them and such.

Hmm some rich folks would put themselves and their families into cryostasis aboard orbital satellites, one of the satellites could have been floating around up there for 200 years until it drifted to close to the Moons gravity field and crashed and the only survivor could be the player character. Kind of like that Star Trek Next Generation episode where they find people in cryostasis over 300 years old and decide to wake them up. That would allow for the future culture shock aspect to be written into the quests.

I like mad A.I. computers running away with their programed directives, the theme is never going to get old ('till humanity actually tries it and we get to see what happens). If the A.I is running the statis/cold sleep tanks then the sleepers are hostages (and 'rescue' missions are so emotionally provocative) The HAL/Red Queen/Bishop. controls hoards of automatic defences, drones etc. The scenario can be resolved through different strategies - Main force, sneak, hacking or a combination of. and even a 'win scenario' has variable outcomes with the sleepers staying in the moonbase, abandoning it to return to earth, or reviving/continuing their long term aims (such as Mars).

Another resource for you;

tvtropes.org - A.I. Is a Crapshoot

Edited by SayinNuthin

This looks awesome!!! Is love to work on a project like this.

Right now, I'm working on a mod with a psychotic AI, so we'll see how it turns out.

If the thing is any good, maybe I could write this one?

I'm thinking Big Empty isolated AI, or should it be fully rogue and corrupting the whole joint?

Oh if you want to think about a rogue A.I. taking over and corrupting systems, you may want to think about the moonbase colonist's extensive nervous system implants... And Oops..

Supposing the courier begins thinking he has to rescue the colonists physically, but then discovers he has to break them free from computer slavery - assuming he didn't side with the A.I. Who would, of course, argue that it might look like slavery but was in fact computer-enhancement, a leap forward for humanity and a fusion of man and computer who's joint destiny was to reach the stars... Oooh! Big decision to make!

Have the NCR/OCI not realize the true situation or have got it all wrong? Do they have other motives such as grabbing the lost tech for themselves or is the A.I simply lying or just out of it's tiny massive cybernetic mind?

Only the courier can make the call...

Edited by SayinNuthin

Jesus Monkey Burning Christ I think that's the central pivot.

You can avoid killing colonists by sneaky sneaky, because if you defeat/reboot the AI they're all people who don't necessarily want to be attacking you.

That's frigging intense. The first few in the docking bay, no karma loss, but after that, you get a hit every time you slaughter one.

Then why not have your whole squad or whatever (if you're not a lone agent) get wiped the f*#@ out and you can only communicate with whatever faction sent you via radio?

Totally isolated and alone. Buggerall that would be quite something.

Of course, you'd have to play it HC to really beef up that isolationism.

I'm all for an A.I. type controlling force but if there is one thing I've learnt it's that the 3 laws of robotics aren't full proof for a sentient machine. I was thinking of a giant mutant mega brain enhanced with cybernetic nodes implanted into the central cortex to enhance processing speed and multi-tasking abilities. The giant mutant mega brain would have been exposed to the F.E.V. which caused it to grow to it's giant proportions and the cybernetics help stabilize it and prevent it from melting into a giant jar of goo. The brain would control robots similar to how Mr. House controls his securitrons. The brain could have achieved sentients and rebelled against it's creators. I was thinking of something like this. A brain out of a robobrain resized in the G.E.C.K. would probably work for the giant mutant mega brain model. http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/Morgwynn/Archie_zps87386ddc.jpg