3ds Max - Read This 1st

LHammonds

I was curios and tried to register with my university email even though it doesn't end in .edu or ac.uk and it worked! It even identified my university which isn't known at all.

So if you have an university email it worth to give a try anyway. You might be surprised. Now I can have access to 3d studio max,3d maya and autocad. Very nice and admirable of them considering the value of the software.

• 3 weeks later...

Any Idea if these tutorials would apply to making Mods in Dragon Age?

The tutorial sites are non-specific to a particular game (for the most part). The specific tutorials in the 1st section are specific to the game in the prefix such as Oblivion being specifically designed for Oblivion in mind. It would require somebody that mods for Dragon Age to go through these tutorials and find what works for Dragon Age, however, I'm sure there would be enough differences that it would require making a Dragon Age-specific tutorial to point out the differences. When it comes to import and export, I do not think Oblivion and DA are similar at all.

LHammonds

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally found a way to be eligible for the download as a student outside the UK/US :D.

But I'm faced with whether to get the 2010/2011 or 2012 version. I bet it's safest to go for the 2010 or 2011 version?

If you're also from the Netherlands, check this:

Check at surfspot.nl if your college is listed and login. At "Partnershops" you will be able to find an Autodesk link which will help you further. Be sure to use the email of your account at school of course :P.

You can go directly to the link LHammonds provided as well, but to be sure your college is eligible it's best to check via the surfspot site first. Not all colleges are.

(Btw they have cheap versions of Adobe and stuff too, but they can't be used for commercial ends. They have full functionality however.)

Edited by Pronam

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life, but I'm trying to learn Max and just wanted to point out that theRoadstroker's tutorial is no longer there.

Also Pronam, I'm using 2012 and there seem to be all the tools needed to mess with meshes already.

Does anyone know of any tutorials that just cover the methods used in reshaping existing meshes easily (or relatively easy. I know we're talking about complex modeling programs here)?

• 2 weeks later...

OOOK...

i went into one of the tutorials for Oblivion Tilesets i think, and when i proceeded to use a visual aid i was profusely screamed at by the german version of the 404 not found.

i too use the 2012 and would like to know how to get the textures that are IN GAME applied to the models IN 3DS MAX