[Updated] Nexus Trojan/Virus alert

Dark0ne

Seems Google still has the site listed, the warning comes up in Firefox and Chrome but not in IE 9.

Googles Diagnostics page lists a couple domains of malware hosting as the culprits of where this came from, one is called blacktreegaming the other is just an IP. there tests are over the past 90 days so says the diag. page anyway.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gotten the warning yet today and I'm using Chrome. I did 5 deep scans with PC Tools Spyware Doctor, and with Malwarebytes. My first scan it picked up a general trojan which was in the cache java area. It got deleted and no other bad stuff found on other scans.

I was still getting the warning when I had one of those "Oh My Gosh" moments, and deleted my browsers cache, ie history. Since then no other warnings but then again PC Tools intelligent advisor gave me some IP's to block. Not sure if they are ads from this site, but I'm not going to take a chance so I blocked them.

All is cool on my end now.

Google Chrome's adblock is nice, but its warning thingy needs a big red STFU ABOUT THIS SITE button. Gettin' tired of checking the box and clicking OK for every stinkin' page. AVG has my back with its regular scans, I dun need my browser all OMG-in-my-face. >.<

Funny, it only does it on the TES side. Fallout side seems fine, but that's where the fake MMM RC7 trap was set.

Shame on the @ssholes who do this kinda stuff. What do they get out of this kinda behavior? Entertainment? I really dun get what's so amusing about screwing over people you don't even know...

Interesting. I got the Firefox warning after I searched for a TESNexus file on Google. Before that I did not get a warning.

Not that I paid any attention to it, but interesting in the connection. Perhaps Firefox reads the google header for its warnings?

Like DJ Zephyr I have got totally cheesed off with Googles repeated and now unjustified warnings My security package has my back and irritated I messaged google about this. Still yuet to hear from them perhaps they have the weeekend off? If it wasn't for the fact that Chrome works a lot quicker and is more user friendly for me than anything else at the moment I would go back to Firefox