• 15 - 17
    • 18 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61+

I'm 41 - I don't feel old - far from it - and I'll be gaming to the day I die, probably waiting for something to download from the Nexus.

I've spent most of my life gaming - and regret not one minute of it - Dress rehersal or not - I'm here to have fun and fun I am having!

Edit - My generation is lucky in a way - we've seen it all - I started playing computer games in the late 70's - all the way to now - the changes are mindblowing and I just want to stay alive for as long as possible to see what comes next!

Edited by JaYmZeE311074

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

32 as of last Sunday, I used to mod Morrowind when I was still in high school. I seem to remember seeing The Nexus online over the past years and never joined till about 3 months ago. I think I'm diggin the community... and I don't like social media all that much.

• 4 weeks later...

65. Born 1951.

10 choices isn't really enough. As you can see, I adjusted the margins to better refine previous results. In the last vote the majority of voters were between 10-18, so I divided that age group.

WarKirby

Actually, for a proper statistical analysis, your age groupings must have a consistent spread (three, four or five years each). If the spread is not consistent, your distribution curve will be inaccurate.

< 10

10-13

14-17

18-21

22-25

26-29

30-33

34-37

38-41

42-45

46-49

50-53

54-57

58-61

61-64

65-68

68-71

> 71

Additionally, if the < 10 or > 71 groupings have numbers which become statistically significant (greater than your margin of error) these groups should be granulated further.

Finally, you will need a significant sample size to generalize your findings. Say 5-10% of the total population of NEXUS. Remember that the greater your sample size, the lower the margin of error.

R&G

PS. It occurred to me that your sample might have a longer survivability if you collected 'year of birth' instead of 'current age'. The year of ones birth does not increment annually (Well, for most people anyway. Some folks 'year of birth' increments annually so they can remain 29 forever. But I digress.) A fixed date can be used against a base date to determine age. r&g

PPS. If you collect YOB instead of age, Your survivable sample can be used to track the age demographics over time. r&g

PPPS. There is an argument against a survivable sample. How does one remove those who have stopped gaming? (I know. Who would do that?) r&g

Edited by RattleAndGrind

There's a song about my age. Something about speed limits. :tongue:

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up tho. heh.

Aging is a linear function and is a direct corollary to the number of annual calendar replacement rituals one has performed.

Growing up is an inverse linear function and a direct corollary to a liberal participation in the real world while deliberately maintaining a sense of wonder and whimsy.

My Grams was a ER Nurse. Her advice, "Smiling is facial exercise. Laughing is aerobic exercise. Jumping with joy is cardio-pulmonary exercise. Be happy. You'll live longer."

Edited by RattleAndGrind

• 2 weeks later...