No One Wanted to Believe...

melkormgc

Skyrim. :(

I was kind of hoping for something different, especially as we had snowy nords in Bloodmoon. Summerset Isle would have been nice - or Elsweyr, or Black Marsh. Somewhere different.

Besides, after all the snow we've had already this winter, I'm sick of the damn stuff! :P

As soon as the modding capabilities are confirmed to be on the level of previous games then I'll be buying it regardless how buggy/glitchy/badly reviewed it may be. :D

People kept PM'ing me on youtube (no idea why, since I'm not too bothered where it'll be) confidently saying it'll be a 'sequel to oblivion' and still in Cyrodiil... glad that'll come to an end now. :D

Edited by Olurum

I'm confient that it will be even further dumbed down for the instant gratification console kiddies. And require Steam to run. :( They dumbed Oblivion down until it had lost much of what made Morrowind so good.

I hope to be proven wrong, but somehow I have little confidence.

I just hope they noted the most popular mods and looked at the gripes page on the UESP site. I'm mostly concerned about the leveled items/enemies business which seems to have carried on in the Fallout games.

I look forward to seeing some decent mountainous regions. If you disable the border in Oblivion and see the landscape beyond it, it's lots of deep valleys and hills everywhere. I always thought how cool it would be for towns to be behind them. It seems most cities were accessible by just travelling over generally flat terrain in Cyrodiil.

Wonder if the weather will play a role in the gameplay: Fur armour vs Iron/Steel.

Edited by Olurum

Ok after watching the trailer it seems that oblivion may have been only the beginning of something bigger. Also when it mentions Dragonborn that is a reference to the imperial line that ended with Martin. So perhaps the player. is the heir to the throne this time? :turned:

Skyrim. :(

I was kind of hoping for something different, especially as we had snowy nords in Bloodmoon. Summerset Isle would have been nice - or Elsweyr, or Black Marsh. Somewhere different.

Besides, after all the snow we've had already this winter, I'm sick of the damn stuff! :P

I must admit I was hoping for somewhere else, we had elements from Skyrim in both Morrowind and Oblivion. On dumbing down there may be a little glimmer of hope, while Fallout 3 wasn't exactly a shining beacon of intelligent gaming it was a move in the right direction, it did have a couple of choices and they toned down the hand holding. Sadly the dialogue was laughably bad and that is something they really need to address. The problem is Todd Howard, every time I see/read an interview with him I get the impression he thinks gamers are brain dead. His suggestion that developers should "Just let the player win" left me with my head in my hands.

Like most of us I have some hopes, expectations and fears about TES V.

I hope they aren't so obsessed with trying to make the graphics so OMG! that middle-class people will be able to run it on their computers.

I expect it will have a construction set since Bethesda surely has seen the benefits of this by now.

I fear it will have DRM out the wazoo. That's not a big inconvenience for some I know, but some folks just don't know how long they can afford to keep the internet.

I have no doubt that it will be a great high-quality game no matter what, but the anticipation is gonna be torture for almost a year!

EDIT:

Oh yeah... and can I please not start the game in jail for a third time?

Edited by Herculine