No One Wanted to Believe...

melkormgc

Oblivion was mostly dumbed down because they wanted to rush it for the Xbox 360 release. They had tons of almost working features that they had to cut. With no major consoles to be released between now and the release date, I pray they'll have many of the features they had planned for Oblivion. They probably could even port them over and continue work.

Unrelated note: I've started making an ES5 t-shirt, just 'cause.

As for the trailer, I kind of wish they'd given more detail in it. Right now you could take the text off it and sell just about any game with dragons with it. The Mass Effect 3 trailer was also fully pre-rendered, but at least they gave more information than the stylized carved-in-stone scene.

Like most of us I have some hopes, expectations and fears about TES V.

I hope they aren't so obsessed with trying to make the graphics so OMG! that middle-class people will be able to run it on their computers.

I expect it will have a construction set since Bethesda surely has seen the benefits of this by now.

I fear it will have DRM out the wazoo. That's not a big inconvenience for some I know, but some folks just don't know how long they can afford to keep the internet.

I have no doubt that it will be a great high-quality game no matter what, but the anticipation is gonna be torture for almost a year!

EDIT:

Oh yeah... and can I please not start the game in jail for a third time?

I dare say it'll be a console port and should have the usual specs most games seem to have these days. I can't see them making much of an effort for the PC, they didn't with Oblivion or Fallout.

I'm confient that it will be even further dumbed down for the instant gratification console kiddies. And require Steam to run. :( They dumbed Oblivion down until it had lost much of what made Morrowind so good.

I hope to be proven wrong, but somehow I have little confidence.

Oh Jeez Slof, in the nicest possible way I hope your wrong, but its all to likely that you'll be right on both points, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Skyrim. :(

I was kind of hoping for something different, especially as we had snowy nords in Bloodmoon. Summerset Isle would have been nice - or Elsweyr, or Black Marsh. Somewhere different.

Besides, after all the snow we've had already this winter, I'm sick of the damn stuff! :P

im thinking it wont just be in skyrim, but the main storyline will be there

probably gonna be an expansion that adds a new area, and you probably will be able to go south a distance

Well i do have high expectations of Tes V! I just hope 2 things: NO Required Internet Connectivity and no STEAM!

Also... anything is better then dragon age, and prlly better then DAO2! I dont think they will disapoint, with Fable 3 out, i think they will push they TES capilities very far!

I I'm mostly concerned about the leveled items/enemies business which seems to have carried on in the Fallout games.

i guess we played different fallout 3s. since fo3 had none of those

hes right..the weapons you would find on a raider at level 1 were exactly the same as the ones at 30, It was more like morrowind than oblivion in that sense.