Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

I have been using Nexus for some time now to spice up Skyrim. But I will not pay one cent more to keep these mods. They are good mods; but they are not great mods. I think it's wrong of you to charge for what should be fun; not another means of gaining profit. This just makes me sick! Go ahead and charge your little hearts out for the use of your time spent on these mods.

Not as many players are going to pay to rent them as you may think so. I certainly will not be bullied into doing so. That's exactly what it is. Bulling the players to pay the authors and everyone else involved to get a piece of the pie to use a mod. You are just being greedy and I hope you get what you deserve from your actions. You can keep them. I will shut up now before Scott decides to kick me off of Nexus for good.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24594599. #24595064, #24597874, #24598129, #24598509, #24600934, #24601064, #24604279 are all replies on the same post.

Ehwhat2008 wrote:
SkeletonShen wrote: I agree.
Calu93 wrote: Me too
Quloide wrote: Aye
Alienfriend wrote: I agree too
onkenoke wrote: and my axe!

oh wait wrong speech sorry
Milleuros wrote: Agree.

Nexus is proving that they have the ethics of modding in their heart and that they have immense respect for the authors. They deserve that bit of money.
darksunshaman wrote: Also agree, just disabled adblocker on nexus

Been there, done that.

In response to post #24594599. #24595064, #24597874, #24598129, #24598509, #24600934, #24601064, #24604279, #24605234, #24605574 are all replies on the same post.

Ehwhat2008 wrote:

Nexus is proving that they have the ethics of modding in their heart and that they have immense respect for the authors. They deserve that bit of money.
micnorian14 wrote: Been there, done that.
waffle652 wrote: I stopped and then a repeating audio ad kept deafening me and overshadowing my music while I was reading this article.

Now i'm using adblock again.

I don't care what somebody or something does, I don't tolerate audio ads. Especially ones that auto-play every 30 seconds and can't be turned off.

The solidarity is unreal. Disabled.

Except if an audio ad is coming up, I hate that intrusive garbage. Edited by DohmeShot

Greenlight system for mods helps us all.

If something was set up to contact mod makers and set up making some dlc. Just saying that would help steam, Bethesda and the mod creator get income. It will end your backlash and still provide you with the ability to keep people playing Skyrim and paying. (without all the backlash) While staying true to your word on helping out the modding community. Contacting modders to make possible dlc and canceling paid modding community gives certainty in knowing the one who made the dlc isn't someone selling a mod they did not make themselves. All in all there is too many problems with the new system. Something more attuned to greenlight would be better.

In response to post #24594599. #24595064, #24597874, #24598129, #24598509, #24600934, #24601064, #24604279, #24605234, #24605519 are all replies on the same post.

Ehwhat2008 wrote:

DohmeShot wrote: The solidarity is unreal. Disabled.

I stopped and then a repeating audio ad kept deafening me and overshadowing my music while I was reading this article.

I don't care what somebody or something does, I don't tolerate audio ads. Especially ones that auto-play every 30 seconds and can't be turned off.

In response to post #24594599. #24595064, #24597874, #24598129, #24598509, #24600934, #24601064, #24604279, #24605234, #24605519, #24605574 are all replies on the same post.

Ehwhat2008 wrote:

DohmeShot wrote: The solidarity is unreal. Disabled.

Except if an audio ad is coming up, I hate that intrusive garbage.
waffle652 wrote: I stopped and then a repeating audio ad kept deafening me and overshadowing my music while I was reading this article.

I have also seen the light. This site has better presentation, a better installer for mods, way better mod management, and, unlike the tripe I expect the workshop to become, this has actual feedback going on.

Also, if I knew mods would be monetized, I would not have bough Skyrim. With no mods, the darned thing is not worth the money. And now that I bought it, rules change.

It's a good thing this site exists. And for a couple bucks or ads. Seriously. You don't want to know how much I spent on my phone -er- software. I wouldn't even blink at 3 dollars for an app, yet it took this long to support the nexus.

I'm weird.

Maybe you need an app?

So, literally everyone should be able to profit from an authors work except the author?

Youtube reviewers profit from mods

Valve profits from mods

Bethesda profits from mods

Nexus sites profit from mods (people don't come here for the ads)

Don't get me wrong, they are entitled to, (cost/effort required to develop/maintain/distribute)

The same should apply to the authors.