File bug reporting system and image uploading updates

Dark0ne

Thanks! The bug report looks a great idea. Always appreciate the work you folks do! Edited by BlueGunk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the ability to change the names of image after uploading been removed or moved from the Manage Images page? I recall being able to do this before, but now I can't see how. The new uploader is far nicer, though.

Also, bug reporting is great - but "perpetually broken" would be a good extra status...

In response to post #25091049.

Sharlikran wrote: As helpful as this will be I am wondering if there are plans to have certain designated members have the ability to upload the fixes themselves. For example, a mod Ambassador. An author could have a mod with deleted NavMeshes or deleted references and doesn't know that any mod loaded after the mod that tries to access one of the deleted NavMeshes or deleted references will cause Skyrim to Crash. A mod Ambassador could resolve the issues and upload a new file on behalf of the author.

Granted that could be an op-in type of feature as well however, I recommend against it. The intent is not to disparage the authors work or to change the creative intent of the mod. It is only intended to resolve critical issues and to help the modding community have a more stable game experience. This would also allow some mods to be fixed when the author no longer maintains the mod. Permissions wouldn't be an issue because the same mod that the author wrote is simply fixed and uploaded to the same authors page.

You can already allow other users to edit your file, in the Edit Attributes options :) Unless I'm misreading what you're saying.

You would need to set them yourself in this case. Unless you're suggesting the nexus creates a team of people to do this. Edited by B1gBadDaddy

Bring the old one-at-a-time image system back! Both the drag & drop, along with the button, are not working for me - and I've already ruled out all addons. If it ain't broke, no need to fix it! Or at least let users have the option to use the old system, like how Gmail has an HTML only version... Edited by mindumindumindu

In response to post #25091049. #25111084 is also a reply to the same post.

Sharlikran wrote: As helpful as this will be I am wondering if there are plans to have certain designated members have the ability to upload the fixes themselves. For example, a mod Ambassador. An author could have a mod with deleted NavMeshes or deleted references and doesn't know that any mod loaded after the mod that tries to access one of the deleted NavMeshes or deleted references will cause Skyrim to Crash. A mod Ambassador could resolve the issues and upload a new file on behalf of the author.

Granted that could be an op-in type of feature as well however, I recommend against it. The intent is not to disparage the authors work or to change the creative intent of the mod. It is only intended to resolve critical issues and to help the modding community have a more stable game experience. This would also allow some mods to be fixed when the author no longer maintains the mod. Permissions wouldn't be an issue because the same mod that the author wrote is simply fixed and uploaded to the same authors page.
B1gBadDaddy wrote: You can already allow other users to edit your file, in the Edit Attributes options :) Unless I'm misreading what you're saying.

You would need to set them yourself in this case. Unless you're suggesting the nexus creates a team of people to do this.

"This would also allow some mods to be fixed when the author no longer maintains the mod." I feel your pain there. Many of the errors are from mods that are no longer actively maintained (mod authors are unreachable), We can try to upload new files as fixes but theres a small chance people would even notice and im pretty sure thats against the nexus rules to begin with.

Having *official* fixes that are perhaps linked to this bug report system would help these old but still extremely popular mods would go a long way. Edited by ThreeTen