Skyrim Information

Zaldir

No, no, no. When they said they were hand placing the objects, they meant that they did a second pass after the region generator to make the specific areas more unique. We'll still have tools to generate lands, but Bethesda claims to be adding in landmarks on the second go around. So this means they might take an area that's bare, run the generators to add the usual decorations like trees, rocks, and shrubbery. After that, they'll do the fabled second pass and make the area more interesting: Place some ruins, shuffle the rocks around, and mix up the terrain 'til it's interesting.

Relying entirely on the region editor won't give you a very good mod, unless you are very specific with it. When you run regions over the entire world it'll look like Cyrodiil. I'll point to Elsweyr: The Deserts of Anequina as a good example of using the region editor. The author didn't create large areas with it, but instead did many small different regions, then created more detail in the areas by hand. Think of it as Unique Landscapes built into the game.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, no. When they said they were hand placing the objects, they meant that they did a second pass after the region generator to make the specific areas more unique. We'll still have tools to generate lands, but Bethesda claims to be adding in landmarks on the second go around. So this means they might take an area that's bare, run the generators to add the usual decorations like trees, rocks, and shrubbery. After that, they'll do the fabled second pass and make the area more interesting: Place some ruins, shuffle the rocks around, and mix up the terrain 'til it's interesting.

Relying entirely on the region editor won't give you a very good mod, unless you are very specific with it. When you run regions over the entire world it'll look like Cyrodiil. I'll point to Elsweyr: The Deserts of Anequina as a good example of using the region editor. The author didn't create large areas with it, but instead did many small different regions, then created more detail in the areas by hand. Think of it as Unique Landscapes built into the game.

Oh well thats much better (I was beginning to worry a bit)

The region editor shouldnt be underestimated It can make some very detailed landscapes, provided you clean up after, and as you said, add ruins and stuff like that.

Okay, while there's no new info, check out this theme combination!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H7kjsRQG-k&feature=player_embedded

It's a combination of the Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim theme, made by mrpantsleeves.

------

And also this video by the same guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpMB950dYjY&feature=player_embedded

Oddly enough, I'm really looking forward to the soundtrack for Skyrim, dust off your speakers and wind up the volume.

I am too!

Jeremy Soule always amazes me with his ability to compose music that fits The Elder Scrolls so well.

Music is one of the top reasons I keep playing the Elder Scrolls. Ever since the soundtracks for the others came out it has only got better, which I am very excited about Skyrim because it seems to be a combination of both Morrowind and Oblivion. Just cannot wait any longer.

What would be nice in a collector's edition would be to finally have an actual, perfect quality cd of the awesome tunes that Soule will conjure up this time.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/yes.gif