All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

Are there Forum rules for uploading files?

I know an upload that has no files or pictures can be reported after 48 hours, but are there a set of rules on uploading?

like something that states that you need to have the mod ready to be uploaded when you create it on TesNexus

I haven't found one yet and am wondering

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Those rules are actually the site rules. Scroll down, and you will find the 'Uploading files and images' section.

Thank you LadyMilla

WOW. guess I didn't read the "WHOLE" site rules

thought I did.

Anyway, so there is nothing that says a time limit to uploading, just a "as soon as possible" and "mark as hidden" until it is ready

so the 48 hour rule, is it an undocumented rule?

I read LHammonds 48 hour report and was wondering if it was in the rules anywhere.

If someone joins TexNexus and reads the Board Rules, then creates an upload, but has no files or pictures in the upload, 5 days later they could say "I am uploading it as soon as possible" is this correct?

reason I ask is I am not comfortable reporting a mod that has no content (after 48 hours), without a rule to back it up.

There are going to be things in the upload files section that it is obvious are never going to be real files, let alone within the 48 hour limit. As with most rules, we are allowed some flexibility. If I see a modder is having problems with getting a mod uploaded, I'm not going to penalize them even more. However if the post is something like "I'm making a ginormous complete overhaul mod and will upload the first part as soon as I learn how to make a mod." It will be deleted as soon as the grace period is over (if not sooner).

So, go ahead and report we will decide what to do with it - even if it just to flag it for follow up.

thank you bben46

my reason for these questions is one person uploading, he/she has had 3 files in the past 5 days, and nothing uploaded. these are their first mods and I don't think they are aware that they need to upload content (pictures/files) in a reasonable time period. I don't want to try and play "moderator" as it is not my job, but I would like to let the person know they need to upload something or mark the mod as hidden, without getting them baned.

mod reported

Thank you

Milohunts

Yeah, if you're trying to upload something and/or having issues uploading, hiding the file's something I do until I'm finished putting it on Nexus. :)

• 1 month later...

"CHAPTER IV - Trolling

Trolling is...

Deliberately attempting to goad people into a "flame war" (or, simply put, a "female dog fest") by posting disparaging remarks or comments that you know will incite a negative or nasty response."

Female dogs are generally much less aggressive than males.

It's also a cleverly disguised vulgar, if slang, insult.

Yeah... The female dog remark is essentially trolling.

You immensely intelligent moderators have managed to troll within your very definition of what trolling is.

Good job.

It never dawned on me to inspect the credibility of said moderators until my fiancée was banned instantly for swearing in ONE post. No previous "strikes" as they were, just banned -- instantly. It's also amazing that the moderators failed to keep EarAche42 as part of the community.

I think (an opinion - are those allowed on the Nexus?) most of the moderators are just jealous because they don't get any attention. Maybe if they actually produced some mods. Maybe then they wouldn't have to act so "female dog"-like, right? Going to ban me for that?

Hiding a file until you're happy with the description and have added any images is the best thing to do anyway, you always get one who'll turn up within seconds of it going live demanding pics.

It's just amazing to me how many people ignore the Terms of Service they agreed to in order to become a member here. They're even linked on every page at the top right.

Relevant excerpt:

File and image database commenting and rating

Please take the time to read and understand the following before commenting on any files or images uploading to this site.

We have a strict zero-tolerance policy for the breaking of our terms and people can and will be banned from the site without warning if they ignore them. Remember; ignorance is not an excuse.

The commenting, endorsement and rating system is available on Nexus sites to provide users with:

* an interface to offer positive feedback on the functionality of the file in question based on the author’s initial intentions

* the ability to offer constructive criticism on aspects of the file that could be improved

* he chance to ask for feature requests and discuss such requests with other users of the site or the author

* the ability to ask for help in troubleshooting problems with the file in question

If your comment does not fit in to the above criteria then do not post. If you disagree with the content of a file on the site then do not post. Simply ignore the file and move on. If you believe the content of the file breaches the Nexus terms and conditions then please report the file for moderator viewing and move on, do not take matters in to your own hands.

If your comment contains text that is likely to personally offend other users of the site either in the language you use or the message of your text then do not post. We take personal attacks very seriously and you will be banned without warning.