⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

The one liner rule is aimed at people who are trying to jack up their post count by constantly replying to posts with single word replies (LOL) or very short comments whether they have something to add to the conversation or not. An occasional one liner is not going to be noticed. a Thank You, You're welcome is not going to count against you. The reason moderators don't like it is we have to scroll through a dozen such one liners to find what is actually being said on a topic. Multiply that by a hundred or so topics a day we scan through.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also about one liners, does responding to a "thank you" count as a one liner? :confused:
Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me :thumbsup:

Does anyone else find this ironic? Then again this post is doubly ironic if counted as a one liner. :whistling: Do posts here even count? I don't think they should myself.

@Jahmir0's post below: I seem to be making a fool of myself quite a lot recently :sweat:... hmm triple irony, three times more iron-y

Does anyone else find this ironic? Then again this post is doubly ironic if counted as a one liner. whistling.gif Do posts here even count? I don't think they should myself.

Actually i kind of did (find it ironic) after i posted :P

However the question wasn´t if a "thank you" counts as a one liner but if responding to one does.

Lots of people say thank you here when they get help from someone, its just being polite so i don´t think anyone would count that as a one liner.

Still...i get what you meant :biggrin:

Just to clarify, if somebody helps YOU specifically/personally, I should hope you would post a "thank you" but if somebody makes a post which helped you indirectly, then a "thank you" via Personal Message (PM) is more appropriate since that topic could get flooded with hundreds of people that are helped and reply with tons of thank you's. ;)

But even then, you are not likely going to see us slamming people for saying thank you even if this occurred (since TY's are so rare and greatly appreciated by those receiving them). This logic is the exception to the rule.

LHammonds

• 4 weeks later...
For Thread Necromancy lets say there this poll. Can you still answer the poll question but not add a reply?

If you mean you want to cast your vote, then yes, but honestly if the thread is long dead why bother? No one is going to notice any difference if you do so, so there's no point, but you might have your reasons I don't know so go ahead. It won't bump the topic if you just vote.

• 1 month later...

I did a search throught the rule topic but didn't find anything, so I apologize if I'm asking something that's already been answered.

Many gaming related sites have rules restricting the discussion of pirated/torrented games. I see no such restrictions explicitly stated in the rules, but am unclear if that's simply because "it goes without saying," if you will. I ask as there are beginning to be some posts in threads in which I participate regarding torrented games, and it's not clear to me if I should:

• Answer the questions, ignoring the fact they are about pirated/torrented games.
  • Report the post.

Clarification would be much appreciated.

I did a search throught the rule topic but didn't find anything, so I apologize if I'm asking something that's already been answered.

Many gaming related sites have rules restricting the discussion of pirated/torrented games. I see no such restrictions explicitly stated in the rules, but am unclear if that's simply because "it goes without saying," if you will. I ask as there are beginning to be some posts in threads in which I participate regarding torrented games, and it's not clear to me if I should:

• Answer the questions, ignoring the fact they are about pirated/torrented games.
  • Report the post.

Clarification would be much appreciated.

I'd say go ahead and report them. Their piracy hurts you. If folks like Bethesda sell a lot of copies and make tons of money you will see much of that returned to you later in the form of better sequels with more "bells and whistles" as it were. If they do only okay then the next game out in the series will be pretty much like the one that you are playing now. If sales are very wishy-washy then you may not see another sequel at all. I, for one, love TES Oblivion and the Fallout series and I would like to see much more content in the future releases of these titles. Reporting these people will only remove their ability to get free content to their "free" pirated copy. Other than that they are free to pirate away somewhere else.

Rabbit