Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

In response to post #25805124.

Thviker wrote: I'm apparently the only person how is actually extreme cynical about this. The trailer looks like Fallout 3 with a ENB, texture pack and a slightly different location, and if the main character is gonna have a voice like in the trailer, I'll never buy a Bethesda game ever again...

EDIT: Okay, maybe not the only one, but I seriously need to see some gameplay before I can have a solid opinion on this thing.

Don't be like that...i for once never been hyped and excited this much before ! imagine all the possibilities !

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From visual aspect, all i care are animations, and they look pretty... ekhm, bad, looks almost same like these from new vages. I hope they will work more on it, and they won't leave everything for modders :psyduck:. And voiced character? Hell no! All i want to hear from my character is ARGHT or UGABUGa during fight. :down: .

Edited by Qamyk

I'm pretty excited about it. The graphics look good to me, with the exception of the dog's fur. Maybe not GTA V good, but better than its predecessors and better than Skyrim.

I hope it will be easy to mod, and easy to port previous mods into it. I would love to be able to recreate my FO3 and FONV character into the new game and continue her adventures. I've missed her and her silly pink outfit.

I'm a little concerned about the implication of a voiced main character in the trailer though. I feel a bit less imaginative when it comes to my character when their personality and name are already predefined by the game developers. Even worse would be if the entire protagonist is predefined and we can't even change his/her appearance, or worse yet, if we can't even change the protagonist's gender. If it's like Dishonored or Assassin's Creed where the protagonist is completely predefined, I don't think I'll be all that interested at all.

In response to post #25806069.

GnatGoSplat wrote:

I'm pretty excited about it. The graphics look good to me, with the exception of the dog's fur. Maybe not GTA V good, but better than its predecessors and better than Skyrim.

I hope it will be easy to mod, and easy to port previous mods into it. I would love to be able to recreate my FO3 and FONV character into the new game and continue her adventures. I've missed her and her silly pink outfit.

I'm a little concerned about the implication of a voiced main character in the trailer though. I feel a bit less imaginative when it comes to my character when their personality and name are already predefined by the game developers. Even worse would be if the entire protagonist is predefined and we can't even change his/her appearance, or worse yet, if we can't even change the protagonist's gender. If it's like Dishonored or Assassin's Creed where the protagonist is completely predefined, I don't think I'll be all that interested at all.

I don't think that there will be a predefined protagonist because we always got the option to make our own character in the Fallout series and after all the options that Skyrim offered regarding the character creation they wont just erase this process of creating your own and unique character.
But still the fact that the "protagonist" in the video spoke is quite troublesome. Hopefully it was only for the video and not the game.

In response to post #25806069. #25806529 is also a reply to the same post.

GnatGoSplat wrote:

NDDragor wrote: I don't think that there will be a predefined protagonist because we always got the option to make our own character in the Fallout series and after all the options that Skyrim offered regarding the character creation they wont just erase this process of creating your own and unique character.
But still the fact that the "protagonist" in the video spoke is quite troublesome. Hopefully it was only for the video and not the game.

Voiced protagonist has become a standard now and it can greatly contribute to the debt of the story. I cannot imagine The Witcher, GTA or Mass Effect without that. But I don't doubt there'll be mods which will turn it off for Fallout.

In response to post #25806069. #25806529, #25806634 are all replies on the same post.

GnatGoSplat wrote:

NDDragor wrote: I don't think that there will be a predefined protagonist because we always got the option to make our own character in the Fallout series and after all the options that Skyrim offered regarding the character creation they wont just erase this process of creating your own and unique character.
VWgolfR1 wrote: Voiced protagonist has become a standard now and it can greatly contribute to the debt of the story. I cannot imagine The Witcher, GTA or Mass Effect without that. But I don't doubt there'll be mods which will turn it off for Fallout.

Nexus double posted -.- Edited by VWgolfR1

In response to post #25805984.

Qamyk wrote:

From visual aspect, all i care are animations, and they look pretty... ekhm, bad, looks almost same like these from new vages. I hope they will work more on it, and they won't leave everything for modders :psyduck:. And voiced character? Hell no! All i want to hear from my character is ARGHT or UGABUGa during fight. :down: .

The only animations that were meh for me was the dog and the MC. Everything else was good. I mean those ghouls had great animations. Same with the Super Mutant and the guy/thing walking with it. Also, keep in mind Skyrim's animations were hundreds of times worse for all of the gameplay videos and such. Look at the QuakeCon footage. It was bad.