Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

In response to post #25813764.

zanity wrote:

A LOT of detail about Fallout 4 that people disbelieved at the time, but corresponds pretty much EXACTLY with information we now know for certain. And a different inside source on NeoGaf confirmed the whole android/bladerunner theme.

Oh, and when I mentioned the android stuff earlier, I noticed some jumped immediately on my comment to 'deny' it- interesting. We know Bethesda has people posting here, of course, and I appreciate they don't enjoy the fact that game details have leaked ahead of their own planned PR campaign.

The Reddit source claims a 'new' engine for the current gen platforms, but I wonder if the Witcher 3 issue didn't strike this project as well, with a change to a MUCH weaker engine to keep Xbone performance of Fallout 4 to an acceptable level. Remember, even though the PS4 is a MUCH faster platform than the Xbone, even the PS4 is a little slower than a moderate gaming PC with a 750TI or 260X GPU.

If the Reddit source is correct, the 'all new engine' could be a massively reworked version of iDtech, but Skyrim also boasted a 'new' engine that eventually proved to be just another iteration of the Gamebryo one. and the trailer looks awfully like Skyrim with better assets and a better post processing system. I think the plan to use an amazing new engine faltered for the reason I said above, and Fallout 4, like Witcher 3, ended up returning to an engine based on the last gen console code.

The dreadful performance of Microsoft's Xbone console is going to be crippling PC gaming for years to come.

I thought that was a load of nonsense when I first saw it but now I'm not so sure, she mentions a spin off made by a company called Behaviour Interactive so I checked them out and they list Bethesda as a partner.

While on that site something else caught my eye, I came across this job ad http://www.bhvr.com/careers/employment-opportunities/ it mentions "maintenance of various features and optimization of Havok Physics module for a AAA game, part a major franchise which has won numerous awards." which of course could be anything, however further down it says this.... " Development experience with game engines such as Gambryo and / or Unreal and / or ID Tech". Edited by jim_uk

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454, #25811619, #25811709, #25811839, #25812549, #25812579, #25812739 are all replies on the same post.

frogzilla98 wrote: I feel like I'm in a club of eight who like the fact that the Protagonist may have a voice.

#championofkirkwall
Traditionalfire wrote: DA2 will always be my favorite Dragon Age.
frogzilla98 wrote: Just a lowly refugee, your champion arrived
Brown shores of Ferelden fade to Kirkwall's buzzing hive
Rose above the poverty and rose above the pain
My friend became the savior of the white city of chains
frogzilla98 wrote: Seriously, though. How do you feel about the protagonist having a voice?
Rioplats wrote: I'm against the idea. I'm planning to really involve myself with learning to create mod content starting with FO4, and this makes it really hard to make it immersive. Doesn't it feel wrong to you if you can speak normally to one NPC, but then you suddenly become mute whenever you speak to a modded NPC?
Thviker wrote: Honestly, the trailer makes it look like it's not modifiable at all, but hopefully that's just because it's pre-rendered.
Rioplats wrote: No way, I refuse to believe that Bethesda has given up modding... It looks like a boosted version of the Creation/Gamebryo engine, so it should be moddable, right?
Thviker wrote: I have lost all hope myself of this game being tolerable. So I counting on you guys to keep the hope up. Everything may change once we see some actual gameplay though.
hector530 wrote: Entire video was rendering in game...
Thviker wrote: You can't prove that.
hector530 wrote: go to their facebook they say it, BGS has never done bullshots.

One the very few who havent

@Rioplats - No, it wouldn't be wrong to me because that mod quest isn't part of the original game so I wouldn't expect voice acting from the Protagonist.

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454, #25811619, #25811709, #25811839, #25812549, #25812579, #25812739, #25816559 are all replies on the same post.

frogzilla98 wrote: I feel like I'm in a club of eight who like the fact that the Protagonist may have a voice.

#championofkirkwall
frogzilla98 wrote: Seriously, though. How do you feel about the protagonist having a voice?
Rioplats wrote: I'm against the idea. I'm planning to really involve myself with learning to create mod content starting with FO4, and this makes it really hard to make it immersive. Doesn't it feel wrong to you if you can speak normally to one NPC, but then you suddenly become mute whenever you speak to a modded NPC?
Thviker wrote: Honestly, the trailer makes it look like it's not modifiable at all, but hopefully that's just because it's pre-rendered.
Rioplats wrote: No way, I refuse to believe that Bethesda has given up modding... It looks like a boosted version of the Creation/Gamebryo engine, so it should be moddable, right?
Thviker wrote: I have lost all hope myself of this game being tolerable. So I counting on you guys to keep the hope up. Everything may change once we see some actual gameplay though.
hector530 wrote: go to their facebook they say it, BGS has never done bullshots.

frogzilla98 wrote: @Rioplats - No, it wouldn't be wrong to me because that mod quest isn't part of the original game so I wouldn't expect voice acting from the Protagonist.

@ hector530

Link? Edited by TheCourier13

In response to post #25815659.

nivea wrote: I admit I am mostly excited about the dog and its textures and the slight improvement mesh wise, animations for it are better then FO3/FNV but could be better still. But then again most people know I just like dogs in general lol.

I hope this is a older version of the game and/or pre-render, because the rest is alittle iffy texture/mesh/animation wise.

I will reserve the judgement on that after E3 and more info is released.

My hopes is FO3 world design, FNV character and story design (not appearance but personality ect), I think that would be a great game.

Mostly please just give us good RPG elements and some survival stuff built in like FNV Hardcore.

Mods can pretty much fix and upgrade everything, though. :)

As for the dogs, I'm just glad that they act more life-like (looking around, sniffing the ground, etc.) and sound much better, too. I've owned dogs pretty much my whole life and these dogs are pretty well done for a game (from what I've seen). :)

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454, #25811619, #25811709, #25811839, #25812549, #25812579, #25812739, #25816559, #25817939 are all replies on the same post.

#championofkirkwall

frogzilla98 wrote: @Rioplats - No, it wouldn't be wrong to me because that mod quest isn't part of the original game so I wouldn't expect voice acting from the Protagonist.

TheCourier13 wrote: @ hector530

Link?

@TheCourier - I didn't see it on their Facebook page, but Hector's right, it's written on Bethesda store's preorder page: http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/fallout/fallout-4.html

Pre-order Fallout 4 and get 20% off your next purchase on the Bethesda Store! (A 20% off code will be emailed to you after purchase. 20% off excludes games, pre-sale, deposit and sale items. Codes expire October 31, 2015.)

World’s Most Anticipated Game in Development at Bethesda Game Studios. Full Details to be Unveiled on June 14th at Bethesda’s E3 Showcase.

“We know what this game means to everyone,” said Game Director, Todd Howard. “The time and technology have allowed us to be more ambitious than ever. We’ve never been more excited about a game, and we can’t wait to share it.”

The game’s official trailer, created >in-game< at Bethesda Game Studios, can be viewed at: www.fallout4.com.

Fallout 4 has not yet been rated by the ESRB.
Edited by ArekkusuStorm

In response to post #25813764. #25816299 is also a reply to the same post.

zanity wrote:

A LOT of detail about Fallout 4 that people disbelieved at the time, but corresponds pretty much EXACTLY with information we now know for certain. And a different inside source on NeoGaf confirmed the whole android/bladerunner theme.

Oh, and when I mentioned the android stuff earlier, I noticed some jumped immediately on my comment to 'deny' it- interesting. We know Bethesda has people posting here, of course, and I appreciate they don't enjoy the fact that game details have leaked ahead of their own planned PR campaign.

The Reddit source claims a 'new' engine for the current gen platforms, but I wonder if the Witcher 3 issue didn't strike this project as well, with a change to a MUCH weaker engine to keep Xbone performance of Fallout 4 to an acceptable level. Remember, even though the PS4 is a MUCH faster platform than the Xbone, even the PS4 is a little slower than a moderate gaming PC with a 750TI or 260X GPU.

If the Reddit source is correct, the 'all new engine' could be a massively reworked version of iDtech, but Skyrim also boasted a 'new' engine that eventually proved to be just another iteration of the Gamebryo one. and the trailer looks awfully like Skyrim with better assets and a better post processing system. I think the plan to use an amazing new engine faltered for the reason I said above, and Fallout 4, like Witcher 3, ended up returning to an engine based on the last gen console code.

The dreadful performance of Microsoft's Xbone console is going to be crippling PC gaming for years to come.
jim_uk wrote: I thought that was a load of nonsense when I first saw it but now I'm not so sure, she mentions a spin off made by a company called Behaviour Interactive so I checked them out and they list Bethesda as a partner.

While on that site something else caught my eye, I came across this job ad http://www.bhvr.com/careers/employment-opportunities/ it mentions "maintenance of various features and optimization of Havok Physics module for a AAA game, part a major franchise which has won numerous awards." which of course could be anything, however further down it says this.... " Development experience with game engines such as Gambryo and / or Unreal and / or ID Tech".

But in the trailer, it looks like the MC makes it into Vault 111 right when the bombs fell and it shows him leaving Vault 111 200+ years later. Also, in December 2013 it was revealed that the MC would be woke up from suspended animation :

"Casting calls for both the male and female versions of the player character note that the player begins the game in a cryogenic sleep chamber."

http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956 Edited by TheCourier13

It amazes me how people can tell and comment so much just by looking at the trailer.

In my opinion, no gaming companies can satisfy all players.

There will be always at least one who complain about it or perhaps hate it.

I'm just happy that Bethesda makes Fallout 4 and hope that it is better (in gameplay, combat, features, etc.)