How will WW3 start?

marharth

Grannywils, I know that you will be nodding your head sadly (as I do) at this poem, which I studied in high school - one of my Grandads was in WWI and effects as described in that poem were witnessed by him;-

Dulce et decorum est, by Wilfred Owen

As to the economics of the world wars, I can agree with both Granny and Marharth to an extent. German irridentism and the desire for Lebensraum in the 1930's springs to mind, let's face it a war abroad can distract attention from bad situations at home, as well as giving you the chance to grab that Lebensraum, some tasty natural resources and maybe some cheap slave labour. So Marharth has a point that this was at least some of the reason why the German regime wanted certainly WWII.

But as per Granny, economics was not the only factor either in the cause or the end result. Suicidal gallantry, sheer determination (and the misjudgment of such by the enemy), force of numbers, General Winter and other forces of nature have always played their part.

Not to mention half assed politicians with twitchy trigger fingers...

Very moving poem, Ginny. And, yes of course you are right, as is Marharth. Economics played a part. But I cannot agree with him when he says that Germany entered the war for economic reasons. I was simply addressing some points he may have missed.

I didn't mean they entered the war for economic reasons, I was saying it was one of the big reasons.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now pretty much entirely convinced it will be started with the USA attacking Iran.

I wasn't aware that China and Russia had pretty good relations with Iran, arguably better then the relations with the USA.

China only likes us due to economic reasons.

I am now pretty much entirely convinced it will be started with the USA attacking Iran.

I wasn't aware that China and Russia had pretty good relations with Iran, arguably better then the relations with the USA.

Yeah, at this point, we have mutually assured economic destruction. :D

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think there will be a WW3. Simple as that.

Kinda old topic, but care to explain?

Mankind has proven to be really stupid, I think a third world war is inevitable.

I would agree with that assessment..... I suspect it will be some third world nation that starts it, one way or another.

This isn't a debate about if it will start or not, I think everyone can agree we will have a WW3. If you don't think we will have a WW3 then image this as a hypothetical situation.

So basically, what will piss off someone so bad that we will want to start another war with major countries involved?

I think it will have to do with conflict in Iran, but would like to see other peoples views.

World War 3 began on January 22, 1973, at a court decision to legalize the mass murder of innocent defenceless babies, and the number of victims has reached tens of millions every year, (far more than the entire deaths of both sides in World War 2) in abortion "clinics" around the world.

World War 4 began when Bush attacked the innocent citizens of Iraq, to capture their wealthy oil resources.

World War 3 quickly spread around the world, and World War 4 is developing fast, with the oil-rich countries (like Iraq) being attacked by the countries who want their oil, (like America).

Pro-Love Girl

Bush inciting war

This isn't a debate about if it will start or not, I think everyone can agree we will have a WW3. If you don't think we will have a WW3 then image this as a hypothetical situation.

So basically, what will piss off someone so bad that we will want to start another war with major countries involved?

I think it will have to do with conflict in Iran, but would like to see other peoples views.

World War 3 began on January 22, 1973, at a court decision to legalize the mass murder of innocent defenceless babies, and the number of victims has reached tens of millions every year, (far more than the entire deaths of both sides in World War 2) in abortion "clinics" around the world.

World War 4 began when Bush attacked the innocent citizens of Iraq, to capture their wealthy oil resources.

World War 3 quickly spread around the world, and World War 4 is developing fast, with the oil-rich countries (like Iraq) being attacked by the countries who want their oil, (like America).

Pro-Love Girl

Bush inciting war

Time to start a abortion debate topic...

Why should it be America, when the western world has been screwing with third world countries since the age of Columbus. Would there had have been the state of Israel if the British hadn'[t been in Palestine. Wasn't Kuwait originally apart of Iraq, and if the west hadn't stepped in there, would have their been the first gulf war. Would India been partitioned, If the west had not been there. Would the Muslim Brotherhood even existed, if were it not the influence of the Western Nations, trying to bring the culture of the west into their world. The seeds of any 3rd world war were sown a long time ago. With the restructuring of the middle Eastern nations, Like Egypt ans whats going on in Libya and Syria, which I think is way overdue, the West may just find they'll have to start walking the walk on human rights, instead of paying lip service to it from the comforts of our capitals. Who are we going to stand with, when we've been so heavy handed in placing these Arab leaders in, that are friendly to the West. We've stood by them as they've abused their own people and now we stand back with liquid running down our legs, hoping that we can deal with those that claim victory.

As for China, would the Communist be in power there if Marshall hadn't stopped the nationalist leader, who from what I understand had the Communists against the wall, and gave them the time to regroup and ultimately conquer in the end.