The last movie you watched thread

HellsMaster

• 3 weeks later...

The last one I watched was, "Arrival" and just because I watched another one before it, last night, "Dr. Strange" I watched two movies last.

I realized something interesting while watching the movie " Arrival " that made me pause a moment and reflect on the movie " Dr. Strange".

In the scene where Dr. Strange is in a time loop he would have likely had to learn the aliens mental concepts of the English language.

It was a little overwhelming to realize that the movie Arrival made me realize just how many languages people speak. Some are all considered to be English, and yet, even some of those English speaking groups are newly formed English speaking people with mental concepts that differ slightly or immensely. They have a language they learned together, and so; created then and there, by a group of people which have their own mental concepts differing from Old English, English UK, English US.

While going through the settings to set up my language on a new machine from another country I noted there are several more countries to chose from with English as their form, from many other groups around the world. Other then the UK and US forms.

To conclude. Even if the alien character in the movie Dr. Strange and Dr. Strange both spoke English there would still have been several mental constructs in their minds that needed clarification, just like with the Aliens and the woman had to realize in the movie, Arrival and had to work out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 3D. That is the last movie I watched in a public theater.

The creator says after Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3 he's likely to stop making it. Yeah! If he hadn't started a love story between Star-Lord and Gamora that may end up taking the course on to children. That always ends the careers of people with a little bit of good and little bit of bad in their days routines because they have children to think about.

Well, they could always drop them off at the one of the astoundingly similarly named Day Care Ships, while they work, instead of play Mom and Pop. But then how long did Superman and Lois Lane last in the comics as man and wife. Hm?

I would make a suggestion to the author of Guardians of the Galaxy, only s/he or it, gets paid to do it. And if this is a sign that the creative bunch are all too busy to give the movie a full set of 52 weeks of comic book episodes to keep all of us on the cliff hangers edge, we may as well stop going to the movies and go back to buying the old, old, old style paper comic books.

I was so thrilled to be able to watch my favorite Super Hero in movie action and later in 3D movie action it was like having my elderly mind send a message to that child within me, like we all have, that the modern world is making it worthwhile to sweat 40 hours a week just so I get the next issue of my favorite super hero.

Star-Lord is a guy like Batman now. His mysterious power is gone.

He's all human, which makes him a target that can be killed, like Batman. The bad guys would have given up trying to kill Batman if he was like Superman.

No one has ever killed Batman though, except the comic book makers who stopped making more movies about Batman.

Star-Lord will always be a romantic, like a bunch of us people who want our feet on a 24,000 mile round planet spinning around at 1,040 miles per hour, but that doesn't mean he won't flop around the field if Gamora is off somewhere working at a second job.

He's not Deadpool; but he is the bad guys hero too you know.

Or maybe because Stallone showed up in volume 2 they could make him the new hero. I won't try to crash his prenuptial relationship with Gamora because she is the first Green girl he's met. Way back when Star Trek had a green slave girl who seduced someone aboard the Enterprise D while they were not interfering with life on another planet and just observing from a safe distance. Ha!

Now if Gamora were to be caught off guard, during Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3, while picking out the colors for the big wedding, hauled off by her father, we might actually see volume 4 before the makers of Guardians of the Galaxy volume 2 saw it did it's dive from the record breaking box office sales, when Aliens appeared.

Cheese, how many times does she get respawned? I mean the Alien, not Sigourney Weavers character.

Will Guardians of the Galaxy die because the group is so secure and one big happy bunch of Friends in their adopted Family after the children are aboard?

Will they all find a mate and make it a 3 ring wedding affair? Come on Marvel Comics, is Stan Lee finally falling into that secure old age plan in a retirement home where he can't even dream of being the golden boy with Woman moving through his bedroom like flowing water?

Oh! Maybe that's it? In the first Guardians of the Galaxy Stan Lee was seen picking up a really young woman.

A no, no, as Abe Vigoda, may he rest in peace, found out when in his last appearance I saw where he made the remark, "If I wanted some one old and wrinkled to get it on with with I would just lube up my hand."

I never watched another show because he was in because his line killed my innocent childs thought that when we get old we stop having sex and if we do have sex we're a bunch of true to our old wifey type guys.

I'm wiser now and want to f*** anything 18 or older, but I don't want to go on an Archaeology dig to dig up an old girlfriend anymore. Well maybe if she's a real Mummy that can get her looks back so she is as good looking as Cher.

I repeat, I feel so fortunate to have lived as long as I have and am able to see my favorite comic books come to life in motion pictures in 3D UHD or HDR. Believe me when I write, Guardians of the Galaxy and vol 2 awakened that spirit, my inner child, which I think is the real driving force behind life giving powers.

No! I am not interested in mowing the meadow grass down on the lot around my house. I earned my freedom from doing those chores and if some child, like I was, doesn't want to EARN some money and prove they are as good at landscape work as I was, the place is going to be over grown by bamboo plants, hop plants, meadow grass, and a few other indigenous plants from what the birds brought back when they were out foraging for their young and dropped in the soil as they winged in to the Blue Spruce tree to their nests. I will leave out the part about how they dropped the seeds, so, as not to upset people with a weak stomach.

Now on to better thoughts.

I like the cooling effects of rain. I have a bunch of floatation devices just in case the Great Flood occurs, again.

If I the things I like so much, from comic books I read as a child, turned into movies, goes down the drain, again, I want off this planet.

I'll take my chances in a clunky old smugglers ship and compete with Solo. Hans down! :laugh: